PDA

View Full Version : Were's Dana ???????

358mag
11-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Don't let the what too bee's win .........

butthead
11-08-2015, 08:26 PM
gone hunting

Whonnock Boy
11-08-2015, 08:28 PM
Couldn't stand all us resident hunters whining about allocation.

11-08-2015, 08:39 PM
Great pics. Probably still on that monster American mulie forum. They only shoot mature big mulies there.

Ride Red
11-08-2015, 08:48 PM

No doubt about it.

coach
11-08-2015, 08:57 PM

Yup.. Too bad, because when you look at his older posts, he was firmly on our side. :shock: Not sure what changed.

Would be great to have him back though. He adds outstanding photographic content and a lot of hard earned mule deer knowledge to this site.

~T-BONE~
11-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Yup I for one miss all the old posters that we used to have on here.. It's too bad really

islander7mm
11-08-2015, 09:08 PM
^^^ X2 on that.

markomoose
11-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Always great pics and insight from Dana

Weatherby Fan
11-08-2015, 09:21 PM
I hear he's busy gutting a Cpl 200 inchers near home !

Bugle M In
11-08-2015, 09:45 PM

seems to be the last time he posted here from what I remember.
People are allowed to have "their own" opinion.
that's why it's a forum....
That being said, people need to be courteous and respectful to each other, regardless of opinion.
oh well...he did post nice pics, and did have some interesting/insightful knowledge, but that doesn't always make you right.

REMINGTON JIM
11-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Always great pics and insight from Dana

YUP lots of GREAT pictures ! :biggrin: RJ

houndogger
11-08-2015, 10:12 PM
Picking thru wolf scat I heard...

J_T
11-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Yup.. Too bad, because when you look at his older posts, he was firmly on our side. :shock: Not sure what changed.

Would be great to have him back though. He adds outstanding photographic content and a lot of hard earned mule deer knowledge to this site. Seriously? What changed? Read below? And the fracture is happening more than we realize.

Couldn't stand all us resident hunters whining about allocation. To you, he was "whining". To the rest of us, he was presenting an alternative view. Thats often how Dana operated. Presented a different perspective. We don't all fit the same cartridge. Perhaps there is a lesson in his leaving.

seems to be the last time he posted here from what I remember.
People are allowed to have "their own" opinion.
that's why it's a forum....
That being said, people need to be courteous and respectful to each other, regardless of opinion.
oh well...he did post nice pics, and did have some interesting/insightful knowledge, but that doesn't always make you right.

Picking thru wolf scat I heard... You're right. We 'should' be allowed to have our own opinions, and there should be respect. But simply. If your ideas are creative, or innovative, or logical, or intelligent, they will likely fall outside the accepted norm. And the walking dead on this forum do everything they can to push others away.

We see it all the time. The boisterous post more frequently, and the intelligent observe from the sidelines. The internet bullies are burning people at the stake. I didn't always agree with Dana, but I respected his time afield, valued his observations and his insight.

There simply is, no need to attack people when they provide something else to think about. There is the standard feeding frenzy on here that just simply pushes good people away.

M.Dean
11-09-2015, 08:11 AM
I think Mr. Dana, like a lot of the real good hunters on this site, simply got PO'd with the same idiots week after week ripping apart every bloody word he said because they think there God's gift to the hunting world. Dana work's in the bush, and come hunting season spends every free second back in the bush with his family, which are all good hunters too. And when he did post tips and tricks to try and help some of us out, we jumped on him with both feet, and then started kick'in him when he was down, so what do you expect? And this seems to be happening more and more on here, when someone post a few pic's and a great hunting story there super proud of, the same people aren't reading the story and looking at the pic's because there happy for the guy, there trying to find anything the guy may have done wrong, or not to there liking, and they start tearing the poster apart, much like a pack of wolves on a moose calf, and then for some unknown reason, the "tag along hunters" follow suit, making dam sure that guy will never post a story again! But that's just my take on why guys don't post anymore.

spear
11-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Well said Mr Dean, same reasons why many of us have stopped posting for the most part

tigrr
11-09-2015, 08:18 AM
I think Mr. Dana, like a lot of the real good hunters on this site, simply got PO'd with the same idiots week after week ripping apart every bloody word he said because they think there God's gift to the hunting world. Dana work's in the bush, and come hunting season spends every free second back in the bush with his family, which are all good hunters too. And when he did post tips and tricks to try and help some of us out, we jumped on him with both feet, and then started kick'in him when he was down, so what do you expect? And this seems to be happening more and more on here, when someone post a few pic's and a great hunting story there super proud of, the same people aren't reading the story and looking at the pic's because there happy for the guy, there trying to find anything the guy may have done wrong, or not to there liking, and they start tearing the poster apart, much like a pack of wolves on a moose calf, and then for some unknown reason, the "tag along hunters" follow suit, making dam sure that guy will never post a story again! But that's just my take on why guys don't post anymore.

You summed it up quite nicely M.DEAN.

Whonnock Boy
11-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Read what I said again....

To you, he was "whining". To the rest of us, he was presenting an alternative view. Thats often how Dana operated. Presented a different perspective. We don't all fit the same cartridge. Perhaps there is a lesson in his leaving.

Funny how a few guys have mentioned difference of opinion. I'm all for it, and it's to be expected on the internet, but it's not like Dana ever thought he was wrong, or was open to a different way of thinking.

J_T
11-09-2015, 08:41 AM
Read what I said again....

Funny how a few guys have mentioned difference of opinion. I'm all for it, and it's to be expected on the internet, but it's not like Dana ever thought he was wrong, or was open to a different way of thinking. I stand corrected. Thanks.
Point is, when people like Dana leave, we are losing good people. People who have something of value to share.

Big Lew
11-09-2015, 08:54 AM
"J_T" and "M.Dean" pretty much nailed it. Now, because they had the courage to stand up and 'voice their opinion'
on the matter, I guess the same individuals will begin the belittling remarks again. This site has some great people
within it, and many offer good advice, encouragement, and support to it's members....hopefully those people can
continue to overlook the negative individuals and not give up and discontinue their input or move on and away.
This "my way or no way" attitude doesn't help.

Whonnock Boy
11-09-2015, 08:57 AM
No doubt, he is a knowledgeable outdoors man, but the breaking point in his leaving, was a result of his difference of opinion regarding allocation. He left, he was not forced to leave.

I stand corrected. Thanks.
Point is, when people like Dana leave, we are losing good people. People who have something of value to share.

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Some of you need to give your head a shake. Dana could be one of the most abrasive people ever to post on HBC. He was often confrontational and a shit disturber, and was quite frank about that being part of his style.

I don't know why he hasn't been here for awhile, that's really up to him.......but some of you are going on like he isn't posting because he got his feelings hurt, which makes no sense to me at all.

I like seeing his pics and he certainly could liven up a conversation, however if you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you, and I think dana knows that.

J_T
11-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Some of you need to give your head a shake. Dana could be one of the most abrasive people ever to post on HBC. He was often confrontational and a shit disturber, and was quite frank about that being part of his style.

I don't know why he hasn't been here for awhile, that's really up to him.......but some of you are going on like he isn't posting because he got his feelings hurt, which makes no sense to me at all.

I like seeing his pics and he certainly could liven up a conversation, however if you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you, and I think dana knows that. Why? "Chucking shit" is a question of how you perceive something said. Of course I understand he was sometimes controversial. Aren't we celebrating those who fought to allow free speech? But here we are.... you calling it 'chucking shit' and I call it, providing a different perspective. And why does that different perspective always need to be met with an aggressive response, 'you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you' Of course people understand their ideas may be challenged. But it can be done respectfully. Contribution isn't about throwing shit back and forth. It's about sharing ideas and valuing different perspectives. I don't remember Dana to be someone that resorted to name calling, lies and slander like many do.

FYI, I've come to realize, "the world is not run by those who show up". It's run by a select few that have strong immovable positions.

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Why? "Chucking shit" is a question of how you perceive something said. Of course I understand he was sometimes controversial. Aren't we celebrating those who fought to allow free speech? But here we are.... you calling it 'chucking shit' and I call it, providing a different perspective. And why does that different perspective always need to be met with an aggressive response, 'you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you' Of course people understand their ideas may be challenged. But it can be done respectfully. Contribution isn't about throwing shit back and forth. It's about sharing ideas and valuing different perspectives. I don't remember Dana to be someone that resorted to name calling, lies and slander like many do.

FYI, I've come to realize, "the world is not run by those who show up". It's run by a select few that have strong immovable positions.

In Danas own words- He liked to be a "shit disturber."

Providing a different perspective is a good thing, when you do it in as abrasive a manner as dana may do it it, then it's "chucking shit." You really should go back and read many of danas posts. All the stuff you are complaining about -aggressive response, disrespectful challenging of opinions etc are all things dana participated in.

Remember- HE labeled himself as a "shit disturber." So once again- if you think he isn't posting because his feelings got hurt bwhen someone talked harshly to him, I'd say you are wrong.

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 09:28 AM
And why does that different perspective always need to be met with an aggressive response, 'you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you

You know who else chicks lots of shit? Fisher Dude. And it comes back to him, people making snarky remarks towards him. And yet I don't recall you crying foul when that happens....Hmmm.

coach
11-09-2015, 09:31 AM

Pretty pessimistic view of the world, JT. I prefer to think that men can work out their differences but both sides need to give and take. As one of the main opponents of Dana's view on the allocation issues, I guess you're referring to me as "the walking dead" who pushed him away. Interesting..

I'd prefer to talk to Dana one on one than talk about him on this forum where he's not currently participating. Threads like his seldom end well and I suspect things will get locked down soon.

Th search function works well on here. Perusing people's old posts is a good way to educate yourself enough to make an opinion. I'll leave it up to you to dig a little deeper.

Despite my differences in opinion with Steve over the allocation issues, I always enjoyed his input and content to this site. Hopefully he comes back at some point.

Stone Sheep Steve
11-09-2015, 09:31 AM
I stand corrected. Thanks.

Dana threatened to leave, left, came back several times over the years. It's nothing new. Not going to speculate why as he's the only one who knows the reasons. He's an emotional, headstrong and passionate individual....and, quite frankly, that's what probably makes him such a great hunter and outdoorsman.

If it was the allocation issue to cause him to leave, that's unfortunate....but I believe that same issue united most of the hunting community like I've (personally) never seen before. That's a good thing for hunting as far as I'm concerned.

tuner
11-09-2015, 09:32 AM
PETA or raincoast foundation provide an alternative perspective, it doesn't mean you or anyone else needs to accept it or embrace it.

GoatGuy
11-09-2015, 09:33 AM
If your ideas are creative, or innovative, or logical, or intelligent, they will likely fall outside the accepted norm.

One of the better HBC quotes, lol!

Jagermeister
11-09-2015, 09:57 AM
Just keep stroking. He will resurface, but in his own time.
I don't know where he has been working lately, but he was further from home and methinks that he is maximizing family time hunting with the kids and has no time for posting here.

J_T
11-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Pretty pessimistic view of the world, JT. I prefer to think that men can work out their differences but both sides need to give and take. As one of the main opponents of Dana's view on the allocation issues, I guess you're referring to me as "the walking dead" who pushed him away. Interesting..

I'd prefer to talk to Dana one on one than talk about him on this forum where he's not currently participating. Threads like his seldom end well and I suspect things will get locked down soon.

Th search function works well on here. Perusing people's old posts is a good way to educate yourself enough to make an opinion. I'll leave it up to you to dig a little deeper.

Despite my differences in opinion with Steve over the allocation issues, I always enjoyed his input and content to this site. Hopefully he comes back at some point. Oh, I'm really not a pessimist. Ask anyone who does know me. And I'm not looking to have an army of support behind me. Not afraid to speak my mind. Regarding Dana I wasn't speaking specifically on the single issue of allocation. Just a collection of observations over time. And I'm not defending him, just providing my perspective. I have always found your input as respectful. Hey, I'm the first one to admit, good conversation requires a lot more than fingers on a keyboard.

@Gatehouse. Pretty big difference between Dana's posts and those of the other person you wished to bring in to this discussion.

J_T
11-09-2015, 10:01 AM
PETA or raincoast foundation provide an alternative perspective, it doesn't mean you or anyone else needs to accept it or embrace it. Acceptance is something that occurs near the end of good discussion. Working toward acceptance is what drives good conversation. And getting there means showing respect. What we do need to do, is respect the opinions of others. Faacck. I didn't want this to turn in to a lecture on communication skills. Though many on here could use good communications skills before they try to probe for better hunting skills.

J_T
11-09-2015, 10:03 AM
One of the better HBC quotes, lol! A philosopher at heart, I have more good material. I doubt they would have value in this forum.

mpotzold
11-09-2015, 10:22 AM
some of you need to give your head a shake. Dana could be one of the most abrasive people ever to post on hbc. He was often confrontational and a shit disturber, and was quite frank about that being part of his style.

I like seeing his pics and he certainly could liven up a conversation, however if you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you, and i think dana knows that.

hear, hear!

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 10:39 AM
@Gatehouse. Pretty big difference between Dana's posts and those of the other person you wished to bring in to this discussion.

It's the same concept. If you are abrasive in your posts, expect the same to be returned to you. Reap what you sow and all that. It's part of danas style and I think he enjoys the smack talk aspect of it.

As SSS mentioned, dana has done the disappearing act before. He's also threatened to leave several times, and also removed all his pictures at one point because he didn't get his own way. And as Jager said, he will probably resurface at one point. If hes' working away from home, it sure makes sense to minimize your HBC time and maximize your hunting with your young kids time. Whatever the reason, he is welcome to return whenever he wants.

Ourea
11-09-2015, 11:05 AM
We see it all the time. The boisterous post more frequently, and the intelligent observe from the sidelines. The internet bullies are burning people at the stake. I didn't always agree with Dana, but I respected his time afield, valued his observations and his insight.

Definitely a major factor in the loss of members that actually know what they are talking about.

Was dana abrasive at times....absolutely.
This is a hunting website.
Few hunt harder or smarter than him.
Few contributed more knowledge, proven results and expertise.

I would gladly have colorful personalities, even if they rub people the wrong way, that are experts in their field and are willing to share. Sure beats some of the idiots on this site that have something useless to say on every thread yet offer no insight or expertise. Love dana or hate him......he knew what he was talking about and was willing to share his expertise.

J_T
11-09-2015, 11:17 AM
It's the same concept. If you are abrasive in your posts, expect the same to be returned to you. Reap what you sow and all that. It's part of danas style and I think he enjoys the smack talk aspect of it.
I'm not saying some people dont mind a good type-fight. And I'm quite sure we could profile responses based on the time of day. It isn't always about 'what you sew'.

Some people offer an opinion believing it has value to the discussion. They arent looking for a fight. But they get one. And sometimes the words used are just simply unacceptable.

Apologies to the OP. Didnt come on to steer the conversation away from Dana's absence to how members treat each other. Just thought Id offer my perspective.

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 12:32 PM
I'm not saying some people dont mind a good type-fight. And I'm quite sure we could profile responses based on the time of day. It isn't always about 'what you sew'.

Some people offer an opinion believing it has value to the discussion. They arent looking for a fight. But they get one. And sometimes the words used are just simply unacceptable.

Apologies to the OP. Didnt come on to steer the conversation away from Dana's absence to how members treat each other. Just thought Id offer my perspective.

Thats funny. I offered my opinion believing it had value to this discussion and you jumped right on it. :)

THats okay, I don't mind. This is after all- a discussion forum where not everyone shares the same opinion.

Ketchika
11-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Whos's Dana?

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 12:59 PM
J-T,
I think where some member cross the line, is when they start name calling or saying thing like:
You got your head up your ass, or worse on this forum or elsewhere.
I appreciated Dana's point of view, reasoning, or self experiences especially.
That being said, to have people listen to what you are saying, you have to do it in a manner that shows
the other person some respect, if not, people shut down or walk away from sites like this....
who needs the hassle??
It's not about who has the "toughest skin" approach...
It's about people sharing experiences and thoughts and ideas.
I do wish people would show more respect at times, but, people are people, and as Gatehouse said,
some are just worse offenders than others, and Dana could push people over the line at times, himself included.
That all being said, I'm with "Jager", he's probably just too busy with other stuff...and if not, that's his choice.

J_T
11-09-2015, 01:26 PM
J-T,
I think where some member cross the line, is when they start name calling or saying thing like:
You got your head up your ass, or worse on this forum or elsewhere.
I appreciated Dana's point of view, reasoning, or self experiences especially.
That being said, to have people listen to what you are saying, you have to do it in a manner that shows
the other person some respect, if not, people shut down or walk away from sites like this....
who needs the hassle??
It's not about who has the "toughest skin" approach...
It's about people sharing experiences and thoughts and ideas.
I do wish people would show more respect at times, but, people are people, and as Gatehouse said,
some are just worse offenders than others, and Dana could push people over the line at times, himself included.
That all being said, I'm with "Jager", he's probably just too busy with other stuff...and if not, that's his choice.Agree with your comments. Just wish more would read them. I hope Dana's having an enjoyable hunt.

J_T
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Thats funny. I offered my opinion believing it had value to this discussion and you jumped right on it. :)

THats okay, I don't mind. This is after all- a discussion forum where not everyone shares the same opinion. I'm sure you thought that was funny. Perhaps you missed the tone in my reply. Respectful. I know you missed my point. What you did, instead of normalizing and de-escalating something, you introduced something that you know might be a trigger to something more. And out of respect to the OP, I chose not to go there. As a member of this forum, I will contribute in the areas that I believe are my strong points. Communication being one of them. If you would like me to provide you with some necessary reading material, please feel free to ask. As a starting point I might suggest the book, "Getting to Yes. Negotiating agreement without giving in"

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm sure you thought that was funny. Perhaps you missed the tone in my reply. Respectful. I know you missed my point. What you did, instead of normalizing and de-escalating something, you introduced something that you know might be a trigger to something more. And out of respect to the OP, I chose not to go there. As a member of this forum, I will contribute in the areas that I believe are my strong points. Communication being one of them. If you would like me to provide you with some necessary reading material, please feel free to ask. As a starting point I might suggest the book, "Getting to Yes. Negotiating agreement without giving in"

As long as you don't recommend the book:
"How to have an argument, and win every time"...
I think that is a book Lawyers are told to read....:p..lol

Fella
11-09-2015, 01:47 PM
As long as you don't recommend the book:
"How to have an argument, and win every time"...
I think that is a book Lawyers are told to read....:p..lol
Pretty sure my wife read that book.

dino
11-09-2015, 02:00 PM
With all due respect. This site has just gotten plain old boring. Many members that have been here a while are just bored now, I hate to say it but no one posts pics any more and there is hardly any drama like there used to be. I hardly ever read a thread that hasnt been all ready been played out many times before, eventually it just starts to bore you, heck facebook has tons of pics and storys about successful hunts that far outweigh this site. I still lurk here all the time in hopes of seeing some good pics or watching a good battle but neither exist anymore. Like I said earlier with all due respect, the site has just gotten boring for many of us older members and its run its course. Were still around but just bored.

Bugle M In
11-09-2015, 02:05 PM
Pretty sure my wife read that book.
Yup, my Ex read that one, while she was becoming a lawyer...
The day I saw that book, I knew it wasn't going to end well...
In the end, it all worked out, great wife now, and fantastic daughter.

Cyrus
11-09-2015, 02:15 PM
With all due respect. This site has just gotten plain old boring. Many members that have been here a while are just bored now, I hate to say it but no one posts pics any more and there is hardly any drama like there used to be. I hardly ever read a thread that hasnt been all ready been played out many times before, eventually it just starts to bore you, heck facebook has tons of pics and storys about successful hunts that far outweigh this site. I still lurk here all the time in hopes of seeing some good pics or watching a good battle but neither exist anymore. Like I said earlier with all due respect, the site has just gotten boring for many of us older members and its run its course. Were still around but just bored.

maybe a lot of people have not shot anything yet....Not sure how the old guard are so much better than the new members??? Seem to have read a lot of bickering back and forth between those "high in post seniority" and just ass many jabs at guys posting pics or telling stories that were disagreed with. But I do miss the wanna fight everyone Jeff HA wannabe, The Swede and what other names he went by and a couple others who used to piss everyone off...Was entertaining but for mods not so much I guess.

coach
11-09-2015, 02:57 PM

I find your post extremely insulting.. Go shoot something Dino and post it up. :smile:

Ambush
11-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Dana is a great photographer and I really enjoyed his pics.

But he could sure be tough on any body that didn't recognize his "Muley King" title or infallible knowledge. I found his internet persona grating and abrasive.

But I don't have to live or hunt with him, so none of that bothers me.

REMINGTON JIM
11-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Dana is a great photographer and I really enjoyed his pics.

But he could sure be tough on any body that didn't recognize his "Muley King" title or infallible knowledge. I found his internet persona grating and abrasive.

But I don't have to live or hunt with him, so none of that bothers me.

Its Good to have Thick Skin ! CRAP can just bounce right off a person then ! lol :D RJ

Jelvis
11-09-2015, 03:45 PM
If it makes you feel better Dana lives south of Clearwater. He shops in north kammy I saw him at a store last month, he don't know me from Adam but I seen his face a hundred times on HBC. I see him around every month or so. Steve's stuff is still here on the famous HBC.
He was with some family b4 that at the same food store a while back.
I'm sure he will come back on HBC. HBC is very well run and is still on top as far as hunting anywhere in B.C. goes. Facebook can't compare to HBC's wealth of knowledge on hunting B.C. and ain't my bag either, too much made up smiling for me, I like this site more than all of the udder stuff. Real hunters of all ages and gender. True, proven hands on information that is instant or can be searched thru the archives of HBC history. Pictures are cool but I need information that gives me a better chance at muleys and moose. I like many help newbies in PM's to get knowledge and get them a spot to hunt that they can call their own and take their friends. A student of ecology or wild animals and fish could write papers on the information on this site and get a P.H.D. using HBC stuff and find work in many professional jobs by it.
Jel -- Steve Dana is on this site in the threads and posts and can be quoted at any time so Steve is here and we all dig that. Hi Dana the best to you and your good family.

M.Dean
11-09-2015, 04:09 PM
With all due respect. This site has just gotten plain old boring. Many members that have been here a while are just bored now, I hate to say it but no one posts pics any more and there is hardly any drama like there used to be. I hardly ever read a thread that hasnt been all ready been played out many times before, eventually it just starts to bore you, heck facebook has tons of pics and storys about successful hunts that far outweigh this site. I still lurk here all the time in hopes of seeing some good pics or watching a good battle but neither exist anymore. Like I said earlier with all due respect, the site has just gotten boring for many of us older members and its run its course. Were still around but just bored. Well, if you think this site is "Boring", post something real exciting, hell lets see pic's of your latest B&C entry! What this site needs is top notch hunters much like yourself, helping out some of us "Boring Type Hunters"! So far this hunting season we've had quite a number of up and coming hunters post pic's along with there storys of there Youth Hunt's! And so far this season we've seen some dam fine animals taken by HBC members, and very proud members I might add! Hell, I even seen that some guys got the elusive "Immature Bull Moose", which I thought were Extinct!!! We've even had a guy that fought off a bloody Grizzly Bear with his arrows, and dam well Won that battle, I didn't find one word of his story "Boring"! Boy, I'd hate like hell being in a leaking boat with you Sir, you seem the type that'd watch the water rise higher and higher, and then complaint that Nobody's sticking there finger in the hole to keep you from drowning! But, we'll keep watching for more of your new and exciting posts,and have a great Hunting Season!

Ramshot
11-09-2015, 04:41 PM
Well, if you think this site is "Boring", post something real exciting, hell lets see pic's of your latest B&C entry! What this site needs is top notch hunters much like yourself, helping out some of us "Boring Type Hunters"! So far this hunting season we've had quite a number of up and coming hunters post pic's along with there storys of there Youth Hunt's! And so far this season we've seen some dam fine animals taken by HBC members, and very proud members I might add! Hell, I even seen that some guys got the elusive "Immature Bull Moose", which I thought were Extinct!!! We've even had a guy that fought off a bloody Grizzly Bear with his arrows, and dam well Won that battle, I didn't find one word of his story "Boring"! Boy, I'd hate like hell being in a leaking boat with you Sir, you seem the type that'd watch the water rise higher and higher, and then complaint that Nobody's sticking there finger in the hole to keep you from drowning! But, we'll keep watching for more of your new and exciting posts,and have a great Hunting Season!

Shit M.Dean I'm boring:(. But give me a case of Budweiser and I could tell you some huntin stories:smile:! LOL

dino
11-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Well, if you think this site is "Boring", post something real exciting, hell lets see pic's of your latest B&C entry! What this site needs is top notch hunters much like yourself, helping out some of us "Boring Type Hunters"! So far this hunting season we've had quite a number of up and coming hunters post pic's along with there storys of there Youth Hunt's! And so far this season we've seen some dam fine animals taken by HBC members, and very proud members I might add! Hell, I even seen that some guys got the elusive "Immature Bull Moose", which I thought were Extinct!!! We've even had a guy that fought off a bloody Grizzly Bear with his arrows, and dam well Won that battle, I didn't find one word of his story "Boring"! Boy, I'd hate like hell being in a leaking boat with you Sir, you seem the type that'd watch the water rise higher and higher, and then complaint that Nobody's sticking there finger in the hole to keep you from drowning! But, we'll keep watching for more of your new and exciting posts,and have a great Hunting Season!

I said "with all due respect" twice and still some how your feelings got hurt. I can only assume that your offended because you yourself put yourself in the boring category I was implying.It was never directed at you but just a perspective that I have along with many other long time members that barely post anymore. Its just a fact of life. By the way, Im actually the kind of guy you hope is on the boat if it were sinking.

Cookie1965
11-09-2015, 07:16 PM
I said "with all due respect" twice and still some how your feelings got hurt. I can only assume that your offended because you yourself put yourself in the boring category I was implying.It was never directed at you but just a perspective that I have along with many other long time members that barely post anymore. Its just a fact of life. By the way, Im actually the kind of guy you hope is on the boat if it were sinking.

Lol. What is "with all due respect"? a get out of jail free card? Is it OK to call a guy a douche bag if you preface it with "no offence intended" hahahahaha

dino
11-09-2015, 07:19 PM
I find your post extremely insulting.. Go shoot something Dino and post it up. :smile:
Yawn|:biggrin::biggrin:.......

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 07:21 PM
It's simple if the sites boring and doesn't do anything for you.......you can always leave and or find a another one.

I belong to several as I'm sure most do and I can always find an interesting topic or story being posted somewhere.......even here !

warnniklz
11-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Lol. What is "with all due respect"? a get out of jail free card?

"It sure the hell does. It's in the Geneva convention... look it up" - Ricky Bobby

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Shit gets boring, it's true. HBC has been around for a long time and unless there is a big controversy brewing or there is a new cartridge to discuss, most of the topics have been covered. And dino is correct when he talks about big battles being interesting. Lots of people will talk about how they want everyone to talk all nice but some of the really controversial threads get the most views. Almost 800 people have viewed this thread alone, and it's not even really that interesting.

People come to websites like this for knowledge, read/see good stories and pics and lets face it- a little train wreck every now and then keeps things interesting.

dino
11-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Lol. What is "with all due respect"? a get out of jail free card? Is it OK to call a guy a douche bag if you preface it with "no offence intended" hahahahaha

No, it means that I dont mean to offend anyone on here so please dont be offended by my perspective douche bag!.................just kidding lol.

ruger#1
11-09-2015, 07:29 PM
I think they come here for the , Female appreciation thread. Almost 700,000 views.

scoutlt1
11-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Shit gets boring, it's true. HBC has been around for a long time and unless there is a big controversy brewing or there is a new cartridge to discuss, most of the topics have been covered. And dino is correct when he talks about big battles being interesting. Lots of people will talk about how they want everyone to talk all nice but some of the really controversial threads get the most views. Almost 800 people have viewed this thread alone, and it's not even really that interesting.

People come to websites like this for knowledge, read/see good stories and pics and lets face it- a little train wreck every now and then keeps things interesting.

Now ya tell me! :)

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 07:43 PM

Well I know for one you were so excited at news release of Weatherby's 6.5-300 "MAGNUM" you threw a big party and invited WeatherbyFan !!!

Even though it was a belted case ! Nice to see the old guys get excited about new cartridges !

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 07:47 PM

No worries Dino I'm going to post up a story in the next few weeks of me shooting a 195" Mule Deer !

scoutlt1
11-09-2015, 07:49 PM
No worries Dino I'm going to post up a story in the next few weeks of me shooting a 195" Mule Deer !

You planning to shoot it with a .308? ;) :)

ruger#1
11-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Well I know for one you were so excited at news release of Weatherby's 6.5-300 "MAGNUM" you threw a big party and invited WeatherbyFan !!!

Even though it was a belted case ! Nice to see the old guys get excited about new cartridges !
You just hijacked the thread. Ha Ha. Some people cry about those things.

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
You planning to shoot it with a .308? ;) :)

Nah I don't hunt with Non MAGNUM cartridges.......there to boring and don't receive any controversy like a good old fashioned Weatherby Magnum !

This next trip I'm going to use my Remington 700 Classic chambered in 7mm Wby Mag :wink:

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 07:54 PM
You just hijacked the thread. Ha Ha. Some people cry about those things.

Well its to dam boring around here and we need to stir up some shit !

ruger#1
11-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Come to the farm, We have a pit full of it.

scoutlt1
11-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Nah I don't hunt with Non MAGNUM cartridges.......there to boring and don't receive any controversy like a good old fashioned Weatherby Magnum !

This next trip I'm going to use my Remington 700 Classic chambered in 7mm Wby Mag :wink:

Dammit!!! I have no comeback...... lol :)

Remmy
11-09-2015, 07:57 PM

I like seeing his pics and he certainly could liven up a conversation, however if you chuck the shit, you better expect it to come back to you, and I think dana knows that.

This is why he is not on here, your incompetence as a moderator. Over and fkin out!

dino
11-09-2015, 08:18 PM
This is why he is not on here, your incompetence as a moderator. Over and fkin out!
Is that you jeff?

Gateholio
11-09-2015, 08:26 PM

There you go, dino!

Shit just got interesting....:)

M.Dean
11-09-2015, 08:43 PM
I said "with all due respect" twice and still some how your feelings got hurt. I can only assume that your offended because you yourself put yourself in the boring category I was implying.It was never directed at you but just a perspective that I have along with many other long time members that barely post anymore. Its just a fact of life. By the way, Im actually the kind of guy you hope is on the boat if it were sinking. With all the "Med's" I'm on Dino, I don't think I've got any "Feelings" left! I think once I post the pic's and short story of my 2015 197 Class B&C Mule Deer Buck I'm going to hammer this week, thing's should liven up some around here, and God help the first guy that say's "Hey, Deaner, why didn't ya stick his tongue back in for the pictures?" will feel the "Wrath" of this Bore'in Olde Timer! And, just a "Head's Up", Don't anyone give Ramshot a case of Bud, I seen him runn'in around the campfire late at night in his Red Long John's!!! ( that was a great trip I might add Ramshot!)

:smile:

walks with deer
11-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Dana was informative and controversial I like it...

Dino shoots baby deer with bazookas. ?..

walks with deer
11-09-2015, 09:11 PM
Just kidding dino....

zippermouth
11-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Just kidding dino....
I think the term dana used was "dink"

dino
Dana was informative and controversial I like it...

Dino shoots baby deer with bazookas. ?..

ouch! but kinda true

Bugle M In
With all the "Med's" I'm on Dino, I don't think I've got any "Feelings" left! I think once I post the pic's and short story of my 2015 197 Class B&C Mule Deer Buck I'm going to hammer this week, thing's should liven up some around here, and God help the first guy that say's "Hey, Deaner, why didn't ya stick his tongue back in for the pictures?" will feel the "Wrath" of this Bore'in Olde Timer! And, just a "Head's Up", Don't anyone give Ramshot a case of Bud, I seen him runn'in around the campfire late at night in his Red Long John's!!! ( that was a great trip I might add Ramshot!)

:smile:

Off topic for a second here...but
Why does it always have to be "Budweiser"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????.
Every where I go, there's a Bud here, and a Bud there.... Bud just about Everywhere??
I even found a stack 3 feet high, where someone goes, and sits possibly, with Bud can of many ages.
Miles from the nearest road.
Anyways, back to the fun.

walks with deer
11-09-2015, 09:15 PM
I also heard dana and jelvis are in the kamloops prison sharing a cell something to do with fighting over a 1962 eddition of bc outdoors with maps all wrinkled and coffee stained.

nature girl
11-09-2015, 09:19 PM
All I know is Dana and his wife taught there kids to become great hunters and enjoy the great outdoors. He used to take us along on his family trips with his family show us some awesome pictures. Which I really enjoyed. That is what HBC should be about. Not all this bitching and jealousy. And they say women are bad.
So if Dana did leave it is sad.

Cookie1965
11-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Unless he made some statement on his way out the door it's all supposition. It's just the internet, people come and go. There are forums where I have thousands of posts I rarely go to anymore, not because I left in a huff and not because I've lost interest in the topic, just don't seem motivated to log in anymore. No big deal IMO.

walks with deer
11-09-2015, 09:35 PM
Dino I am just jealous I want one.

browningboy
11-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Really all these pages for Dana? He would think you guys should quit being pansies and get in the bush and hunt hard! If you really want entertainment wish for the real Ketchika back with Rishu pepper etc, then you will have entertainment, the current is nothing compared to! Lol

hardnocks
11-09-2015, 09:44 PM
i logged on some of the blocks he layed out....i hope he moved to alberia

Ketchika
11-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Really all these pages for Dana? He would think you guys should quit being pansies and get in the bush and hunt hard! If you really want entertainment wish for the real Ketchika back with Rishu pepper etc, then you will have entertainment, the current is nothing compared to! Lol

Only took 9 pages for someone to talk about a true legend!

houndogger
11-09-2015, 09:53 PM
After he reads this thread I'm sure his head will be wider then he is tall. Lol

M.Dean
11-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Off topic for a second here...but
Why does it always have to be "Budweiser"??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????.
Every where I go, there's a Bud here, and a Bud there.... Bud just about Everywhere??
I even found a stack 3 feet high, where someone goes, and sits possibly, with Bud can of many ages.
Miles from the nearest road.
Anyways, back to the fun. Back to "Off Topic" for a quick sec, I think lot's of guys drink "Bud" cuz it's really easy to say "Give me a "Bud" when your totally wrecked and puk'in through your nose! You ever hear a real drunk'in bum say "Hey, misterrrr, give me a Pilsiner? Or, Hey misterrrrr, gim me a Hein a Kinnnn? You'll never hear it, will ya? And, "Give me a Bud, it has a dual meaning here in B.C., the "Home" of B.C. Bud!!!" I hope this clarifies things a bit!

wsm
11-09-2015, 10:06 PM

Would be great to have him back though. He adds outstanding photographic content and a lot of hard earned mule deer knowledge to this site.
I most certainly agree coach

Whonnock Boy
11-09-2015, 10:16 PM
It already was....

After he reads this thread I'm sure his head will be wider then he is tall. Lol

Weatherby Fan
11-09-2015, 11:03 PM
It already was....

I agree totally !

todbartell
11-09-2015, 11:08 PM
he's probably busy putting out a wall tent fire somewhere

Salty
11-09-2015, 11:45 PM
i logged on some of the blocks he layed out....i hope he moved to alberia

it was worth reading all this thread after all LOL

Paulyman
11-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Never heard of her.

#1fishslayer
11-10-2015, 08:00 AM
The man is probably out hunting..... kinda what he does......

ravensfoot
11-10-2015, 02:21 PM
X2!!! -- I fully agree Dino

ravensfoot
11-10-2015, 02:23 PM
This totally mage me laugh. Was worth reading all the posts so I could get to this one.
Back to "Off Topic" for a quick sec, I think lot's of guys drink "Bud" cuz it's really easy to say "Give me a "Bud" when your totally wrecked and puk'in through your nose! You ever hear a real drunk'in bum say "Hey, misterrrr, give me a Pilsiner? Or, Hey misterrrrr, gim me a Hein a Kinnnn? You'll never hear it, will ya? And, "Give me a Bud, it has a dual meaning here in B.C., the "Home" of B.C. Bud!!!" I hope this clarifies things a bit!

Jelvis
11-10-2015, 02:28 PM
Dana is actually one of thee best mule deer hunters on the North American continent ok.
Dana has forgot more than we know about muley's and he's a packer inner and outer.
Go's in light comes out heavy. Where's Chevy?
Jello -- Dana's alright -- He loves his family -- Hey! Dana is one of us folks --

Bugle M In
11-10-2015, 03:26 PM
ok, let's go off topic again...
Since the site has become mundane and boring to some,
and we need to give Dana a break now, here something for your viewing pleasure,
well, it might be considered little controversial...
tannerite vs hogs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUyQqJi1_DY

Weatherby Fan
11-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Jelvis is actually one of thee best mule deer hunters on the North American continent ok.
Jelvis has forgot more than we know about muley's and he's a packer inner and outer.
Go's in light comes out heavy. Where's Chevy?
Jello -- Jelly's alright -- He loves his family -- Hey! Jelvis is one of us folks --

There I fixed it for you Jelly !

Gateholio
11-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Well this one has really gone off the rails :)