PDA

View Full Version : Any info would be great never hunted 3-30b for Moose in Nov

Livetohuntelk
11-08-2015, 08:21 AM
Finally after 15 years of trying for moose I got one. It's in area 3-30b for november. I have never hunted the area before so any tips would be a great help. I am a boots on the ground kinda hunter Thx

4 point
11-08-2015, 01:59 PM
My suggestion is to get up there asap before snow comes and blocks lots of access to areas to hunt. Talked to a guy the other day who's group got two tags and have been hard at there since Nov. 1st. He was saying there was a few around.

Livetohuntelk
11-08-2015, 03:44 PM
We are now in are leh moose draw area, it looks good but haven't seen any deer they must winter some where else. thx 4 Point

odie1830
11-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Yes the deer move out of there by middle of oct, should be moose around though

gmachine19
11-08-2015, 04:34 PM
We hunted hard last week in 3-30a for our LEH but didn't see a single bull.
Started on oct. 31 to get my mule in the region. We were successful so I thought we will be able to find our moose too since we saw 2 bulls last month.
We searched high, low, thick and thin for them but they weren't there. Each of us (4 in our group) waited every afternoon 'till dark at prime spots but we didn't see them moving.
Finally the snow came on Friday and found a really fresh track. we followed it only to discover a cow with no calf.
We even took a peek at 3-29b and 3-30b to scout the area and we didn't find any in there either.
One thing we noticed though. There were LOTS of wolves in that area.
Hopefully you get better luck than us. We're coming back on the next weekend to check 1 spot that we haven't looked at yet.

Jagermeister
11-08-2015, 05:31 PM
Concentrate on the south facing slopes and cut blocks, particularly those that have good timber on the upper edges.....and the time to watch is in the afternoon, say from 2PM onward. Don't ignore the mornings either. And don't expect them to be standing in the morning, they could be laying down. Good optics are necessary.

hparrott
11-08-2015, 08:30 PM
So you got my draw! Where have you been focusing your efforts? That's a great draw to have. There are moose around. Lots have been shot already this season though . I personally know of 8. Saw 4 bulls over thanksgiving weekend and one was a bruiser. We will be up there next weekend. It's better hunting during the last week of the draw IMO. A lot less hunters and the moose are on the move packing on weight for winter. First couple weeks of November are right after the rut and there isn't much activity. We have had that group draw 3 times over the last 10 years and filled them all. Wolves have been awful the last few years though.. If you see one shoot it and there is a guy up there at one of the resorts giving a 150 dollar reward for each wolf brought in

Which resort is giving a 150 dollar reward?