PDA

View Full Version : 5-02 Zone B - Bull Moose Draw

trenks
11-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Hey,
I got a Bull Moose Draw for Lac La Hache area. 5-02 Zone B. Son also got a doe draw for same area. Heading up there real soon and know nothing about area. We will be driving a motorhome and towing some toys with no idea where to set up base camp. Any info would be great to help me fill this moose tag!
Thanks

Pioneerman
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Many years ago we used to camp at Susan lake it was a old work site with concrete pads, and then hunt around Lang lake . But I am sure thing shave change immensely since I have been there, good luck.

takla1
11-07-2015, 10:22 PM
will be a tuff hunt for the moose draw,foresure the doe shouldn't be tough tho goodluck

Brutis
11-07-2015, 10:45 PM
My wife got the Drew for oct 1-14 we camped at moffat lake seen lots of moose out that way, hunt the 2500 road and the one just be for moffat lake you can get a mother home to the camp site we towed a 25f trailer in there could have got it down in the first hour seen bulls everyday

XPEIer
11-08-2015, 07:02 AM
the road to Moffatt Lake is the 2300rd via 150 Mile House, the last stretch will be snow covered so make sure you have tires or chains for you motor home. If you dont want to go out that far there are spots at MacIntosh on the same road.

or check www.sitesandtrailsbc.ca to find some more rec sites in the area.

xpeier

elknut
11-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Just thought I read correctly....That Brutis camped at Moffat lake and seen moose everyday...XPEIer states last stretch is snow covered so bring chains...If you check the hunting regs you will read this;.....motor vehicles for hunting closed areas...mu 5-2 moffat lake -spokin fsr project #7968-05 and any side roads...The whole area is off limits to motor vehicles ....If i'm wrong please show me how ....Dennis

Drillbit
11-11-2015, 09:21 PM
^ there's 2 different Moffat lakes.

TimberPig
11-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Just thought I read correctly....That Brutis camped at Moffat lake and seen moose everyday...XPEIer states last stretch is snow covered so bring chains...If you check the hunting regs you will read this;.....motor vehicles for hunting closed areas...mu 5-2 moffat lake -spokin fsr project #7968-05 and any side roads...The whole area is off limits to motor vehicles ....If i'm wrong please show me how ....Dennis

The motor vehicle restricted road is a branch off the 2300 road (Moffat Lake FSR 7968-01), and is in 5-02C.

markomoose
11-11-2015, 10:26 PM
The motor vehicle restricted road is a branch off the 2300 road (Moffat Lake FSR 7968-01), and is in 5-02C. My old hunting partner just got back yesterday from Moffat Lake.Two bull tags --Both tags filled.Tough hunt with lots of wolves pressuring.Both moose were small and hard to find.Got them at the end.Says he would consider another area as he's done in that spot.

elknut
11-13-2015, 12:54 PM
TimberPig ...Me thinks you're wrong ..There is no 2500 rd at the other Moffat lake near Alexandria..502-B is where they said they were hunting ..All roads and side roads are closed to the transportation of hunters and gear etc with motor vehicles in 502-B Moffat lakes Spokin lake rd and all side rds..Both Brutis and XPEIer are talking about the closed area ..Check maps and you will see where Brutis talks of 2500 rd ..It runs north off Moffat lake rd..502D is where the other Moffat lake is near Alexandria ..The area where Brutis talks off is a very good moose area but has been closed to vehicle traffic for many years ..I have in front of me the LEH regs and Moffat lake and McIntosh lakes are in the same area..I've hunted it many times many years ago..Dennis

TimberPig
11-13-2015, 11:25 PM
TimberPig ...Me thinks you're wrong ..There is no 2500 rd at the other Moffat lake near Alexandria..502-B is where they said they were hunting ..All roads and side roads are closed to the transportation of hunters and gear etc with motor vehicles in 502-B Moffat lakes Spokin lake rd and all side rds..Both Brutis and XPEIer are talking about the closed area ..Check maps and you will see where Brutis talks of 2500 rd ..It runs north off Moffat lake rd..502D is where the other Moffat lake is near Alexandria ..The area where Brutis talks off is a very good moose area but has been closed to vehicle traffic for many years ..I have in front of me the LEH regs and Moffat lake and McIntosh lakes are in the same area..I've hunted it many times many years ago..Dennis

I'm not talking about the one near Alexandria.

The Moffat FSR (7968-01) aka 2300 road is not motor vehicle restricted. Neither is Spokin Lake road (public road, MOTI maintained)

The Moffat Lake-Spokin FSR is the motor vehicle restricted road, and heads north off the 2300 road at about 2314 km, towards Spokin Lake Road. This is fully within 5-02C, ands thus irrelevant to a 5-02B draw. You are confusing the one specific FSR and its side branches that is motor vehicle for hunting closed, with all the FSR's and couple of public roads in this area, and are mixing up areas of 5-02C and 5-02B. If your interpretation was correct, the entire area from 150 Mile to the back end of the 2300 road would be motor vehicle for hunting restricted, and very little of the area would be accessible for hunting. This isn't the case. If the entire area was restricted to all motor vehicles for hunting, the CO's would be sitting there turning back dozens of vehicles a day, and very few people would be hunting the area at all.

Only this one branch, Moffat Lake-Spokin FSR+ side branches off this road only, off of the main Moffat Lake FSR (2300 road, project 7968-01) is closed to motor vehicles for hunting.

BushBuck
11-13-2015, 11:56 PM
Watch the weather(snow) suck to get stuck with a motorhome in the back end somewhere... Hope to see pics knocked down!

elknut
11-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks..I stand corrected..I will visit the CO s office in 100 mile to verify open and closed areas..They will have proper maps of the areas in question..Again thanks Timber Pig ...Dennis