PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Hunting BC.CA..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 07:02 AM
I think I might leave this site and if you the bad people are looking at this thread I put up you bad people that surf this site you won't be looking in on my threads or posts ever again yes I am targeting you bad people that stole my two 100 feet of rope 5/8 polyester and also found my WT rack that I did not look for because the grizzly took it and I left all till I was back into my camp with some others to help find my rack.

Yes my thoughts are is I had posted what had happened to me losing my deer to the grizzly on this site and you surfers knew I was at home and went into my camp shame on you I hope karma bites you one day and good.

Me and two of my friends looked and looked for my rack every day we put in around 6 hours looking for that rack never found it I am so upset I am very mad at myself for not dealing with this matter properly and the bad people that live on this beautiful earth of ours..

Here is a video clip of my polyester rope one of two that the bad people stole.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW9hqF3P-ZE...this years was not a good year for me one that I want to forget..

ruger#1
11-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear that. There are idiots everywhere. This is why I took all my hunting pictures down. Please don't leave. I and a lot of other people enjoy your posts. Mark

Knute
11-05-2015, 07:31 AM
Sorry you feel this way Wayne. You truly are one of the good guys that post here.

Whether those azzholes got info from your posting or just happened across your camp???

I know you enjoy sharing but perhaps don't share too much detail? Whatever you decide, all the best going forward.

.264winmag
11-05-2015, 07:32 AM
Don't go Wayne! While I'm busy with life I need your pics/posts' to keep me going! Big loss for the site, sorry for your terrible luck.
Cheers

caddisguy
11-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Hey Wayne! Even assuming the worst (some guys read your post and went in there) no reason to let them steal you from this place, or this place from you. That said is it possible someone might been able to find it without reading your posts?

I'm a fan of your posts and Youtube vids. Hoping you'll keep them coming.

ruger#1
11-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Wayne. Disable the GPS feture on you cameras, If you Haven,t done so.

digger dogger
11-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Those interior boys dont like their areas on YouTube!
I Thot you had trl cams, from the last time people left a note in ur camp?
No C.O, this year getting you to move ur camp?
Seems like less drama this year, than previous years.
No need to leave HBC, just keep somE things to yourself, and friends.

Elkaholic
11-05-2015, 08:06 AM
If its true sorry to see you go Wayne. Dont let the a$$ hats ruin it for you, as other have said time to be selective on what you post. Its the reason I post very few of my pics on here, as I know there are people who know what area I hunt and will come looking. People are jealous idiots and cant stand to see people do good.

russm86
11-05-2015, 08:11 AM
I don't even recall you mentioning what region you were in let alone any real details on location. Anyways, are you sure you aren't jumping to conclusions? I have found a few road killed bucks in the past and in the couple days between when I had found them still completely intact and was able to contact the COs to get permit/permission to remove the head/antlers coyotes had decapitated the thing and packed the whole head a couple hundred yards. So, maybe it was animals that packed your rack off?

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 08:17 AM
I think you may be drunk - sleep and reconsider. Seems to me you are jumping to conclusions.

wideopenthrottle
11-05-2015, 08:25 AM
I know that if I came across a bunch of rope in the bush I would curse the person who left the mess, coil it up, and make use of the wasted rope...as for the head, it could have been scavenged if it was the whole head (with brain)...I, personally would not pick up fresh racks as that can be a heat score if you get stopped...we had one of our deer taken from camp by a grizz this year as well but the rack was safely in the trailer where the dog could not chew it

wideopenthrottle
11-05-2015, 08:26 AM
you did mention you were in region 4...so was I ...we were camped on the bull river near sulphur creek

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:32 AM
you did mention you were in region 4...so was I ...we were camped on the bull river near sulphur creek

It only takes a few people that are bad people most HBC members are the good I am targeting the person or persons that stole my rack and rope if they are on this site they will read my post..

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 08:38 AM
It only takes a few people that are bad people most HBC members are the good I am targeting the person or persons that stole my rack and rope if they are on this site they will read my post..

Could the rack not have been carried away by an animal?

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:38 AM
I know that if I came across a bunch of rope in the bush I would curse the person who left the mess, coil it up, and make use of the wasted rope...as for the head, it could have been scavenged if it was the whole head (with brain)...I, personally would not pick up fresh racks as that can be a heat score if you get stopped...we had one of our deer taken from camp by a grizz this year as well but the rack was safely in the trailer where the dog could not chew it

Coiling my rope up I do I keep a spotless camp and I expect others that come into my camp to do the same as you said you would had coiled up the rope I am not that stupid to start coiling up two one hundred feet of rope by myself when there is a big grizzly close by he eat that der that early morning I was not going to play with the rope knowing that he could come at me a full blown attack to claim his meat ,,no I lived long enough to know that that was not a good time to roll my rope ..

Caribou_lou
11-05-2015, 08:41 AM
I just watched the video showing the rope. Was that your first time back to the hanging deer? If the rack wasn't there at that time I'm thinking it wasn't another hunter. And why didn't you grab your rope then?

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:41 AM
Could the rack not have been carried away by an animal?

Yes the bear carried it away the bear would had not taken it that fare away as I said we looked for a total of 6 hours for that rack should had found it not that fare away..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:42 AM
I just watched the video showing the rope. Was that your first time back to the hanging deer? If the rack wasn't there at that time I'm thinking it wasn't another hunter. And why didn't you grab your rope then?
Read my post above that explains all..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:45 AM
I talked to the head COI here in CB told him my story he said it was the right thing to do leaving the scene right away for me and the bear don't forget it was a thick wooded area where my meat pole is the meat pole as the video shows is very thick..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM
I think you may be drunk - sleep and reconsider. Seems to me you are jumping to conclusions.

There is no jumping to conclusions you don't make any sense on this post I wish you where siting in my home right now so I could educate you somewhat key typing on this forum is easy thing to do ,,give me a break..

Marlowethelazydog
11-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Not sure you can draw a line between this site and someone stealing some rope and a rack. Sorry to hear you lost your stuff though.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:53 AM
I would say I keep a very neat camp ,,this picture was taken yesterday

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/1069_-_Copy.JPG http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/1066_-_Copy.JPG

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 08:57 AM
There is no jumping to conclusions you don't make any sense on this post I wish you where siting in my home right now so I could educate you somewhat key typing on this forum is easy thing to do ,,give me a break..

Actually, you are jumping to conclusions. You do not know someone stole the rack. It sucks this happened but don't get so bent out of shape over it. Be happy you didn't get attacked and move on.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:57 AM
Not sure you can draw a line between this site and someone stealing some rope and a rack. Sorry to hear you lost your stuff though.

simular thing to my post is if someone shot an illegal 5 point elk in the 6 point season all people are a suspects..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Actually, you are jumping to conclusions. You do not know someone stole the rack. It sucks this happened but don't get so bent out of shape over it. Be happy you didn't get attacked and move on.

I am happy within myself and I have moved on there is no going back like I said if someone is surfing this site that did steal my belongings I want them to hear me out..

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 09:00 AM
I am happy within myself and I have moved on there is no going back like I said if someone is surfing this site that did steal my belongings I want them to hear me out..

One more question. Was anything else stolen? If a thief came in to your camp why would they only swipe rope?

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:08 AM
One more question. Was anything else stolen? If a thief came in to your camp why would they only swipe rope?

Because there was nothing left behind that was worth stealing my wall tent etc all went up when I headed back in on Sat 31 of Oct when I found that the rope was stolen I was only gone for two days before I came back in even so it gives no right for a man or woman to come into my camp and steal my rope rolled up or not ,,think about it......

Cookie1965
11-05-2015, 09:09 AM
I'm sorry, but does this :

"and also found my WT rack that I did not look fore because the grizzly took it and I left all till I was back into my camp with some others to help find my rack"

Mean you're accusing someone of stealing a rack you hadn't found since the grizzly incident? You don't actually know where it was stolen from?

Rackmastr
11-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Wayne, I gotta say I know several people who if they came across an abandoned camp site with rope left there, they would coil it up and take it home so as not to leave it in the woods to go to waste.

I also know how far a bear can carry a carcass, head, etc. You can look for 12 hours and you'd never find it.....

Just my opinion on the subject. Enjoy a break from the net....sounds like a smart decision.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
I'm sorry, but does this :

"and also found my WT rack that I did not look fore because the grizzly took it and I left all till I was back into my camp with some others to help find my rack"

Mean you're accusing someone of stealing a rack you hadn't found since the grizzly incident? You don't actually know where it was stolen from?

Something happened to my rack and yes it was ether a person that took the rack or the bear did a dam good job hiding it like I said everyone's a suspect unless I found that rack..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Wayne, I gotta say I know several people who if they came across an abandoned camp site with rope left there, they would coil it up and take it home so as not to leave it in the woods to go to waste.

I also know how far a bear can carry a carcass, head, etc. You can look for 12 hours and you'd never find it.....

Just my opinion on the subject. Enjoy a break from the net....sounds like a smart decision.

A person has to go right through my camp 20 feet from my camp that backs down to the meat pole very brave to do so the rope was in my camp no need to steal it this person new what they where doing also there was a coil of twin on my wood blocks under my tarp that I tyi my tarp up with they took it as well..

rocksteady
11-05-2015, 09:19 AM
AS others have said wayne, don't assume that someone stole it. Looking at the video, if you left the site like that and had not been back to it, as a hunter, I would have picked up the remnants of the blue poly tarp, rolled up the rope and tossed all in the back of my truck, ASSUMING that some slob hunter had left it lying around.

Poly rope is cheap... No need to leave the site over such a small cost.

Hang in there Bud, go kill a muley..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:23 AM
AS others have said wayne, don't assume that someone stole it. Looking at the video, if you left the site like that and had not been back to it, as a hunter, I would have picked up the remnants of the blue poly tarp, rolled up the rope and tossed all in the back of my truck, ASSUMING that some slob hunter had left it lying around.

Poly rope is cheap... No need to leave the site over such a small cost.

Hang in there Bud, go kill a muley..

Mike I don't agree with your statement regarding my rope my camp was still set up with pots pans water a few other things as well lawn chair the tarp near the fire you just don't go into someone's camp and steal your stuff look at my camp picture of the table and tarp all was in place except the tent and some other things..

Rackmastr
11-05-2015, 09:23 AM
A person has to go right through my camp 20 feet from my camp that backs down to the meat pole very brave to do so the rope was in my camp no need to steal it this person new what they where doing also there was a coil of twin on my wood blocks under my tarp that I tyi my tarp up with they took it as well..

Alright, well your decision is already made then, sorry for the insight. No real point in discussing as people here are merely pointing out that its pretty hard to make the assumptions and accusations you're making. Your decision is made, you're upset, and you needed a place to vent. Guess we all do at times.

Take a break from the internet, seriously it seems like you need it man. My only other suggestions (not that it will be taken) is to stop posting on this thread as its most likely heading downhill quickly and just going to keep you fired up or bickering about it more.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:28 AM
I will tell all you members that from now on if I am still on this site I will never post any movie clips or pictures when I am at home at least this way they don't know if I am at home or out hunting not far from my camp..

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Because there was nothing left behind that was worth stealing my wall tent etc all went up when I headed back in on Sat 31 of Oct when I found that the rope was stolen I was only gone for two days before I came back in even so it gives no right for a man or woman to come into my camp and steal my rope rolled up or not ,,think about it......

You also just said there were some pots, pans ect. If a thief came in to steal some cheap rope they surely would have taken the other items. Something isn't adding up.

rocksteady
11-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Mike I don't agree with your statement regarding my rope my camp was still set up with pots pans water a few other things as well lawn chair the tarp near the fire you just don't go into someone's camp and steal your stuff look at my camp picture of the table and tarp all was in place except the tent and some other things..

Okay, I did not know your camp was still up... Not sure what to say.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:30 AM
not really the rope was more important to them of that of a few pans..

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 09:31 AM
I will tell all you members that from now on if I am still on this site I will never post any movie clips or pictures when I am at home at least this way they don't know if I am at home or out hunting not far from my camp..

You are being a bit paranoid no? I HIGHLY doubt people are monitoring you via youtube videos to see when you are home or at camp.Think about it.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:32 AM
You also just said there were some pots, pans ect. If a thief came in to steal some cheap rope they surely would have taken the other items. Something isn't adding up.

Not really they did not want the pots and pans they wanted the rope this was more use to them..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:34 AM
I thought about accusing others taking my rack and I do apologize for saying that someone stole my rack like others have said that a bear might had taken the rack into no mans land to bad for you trev because I was going to get you to do another head mount ..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:35 AM
You are being a bit paranoid no? I HIGHLY doubt people are monitoring you via youtube videos to see when you are home or at camp.Think about it.

I have thought about it you don't know this you are just assuming it its against the law to steal other peoples stuff eatherat home or in your hunting camp enough said think about it....

GoatGuy
11-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Post a picture of the rack on here, if it was stolen someone might recognize it.....

Wentrot
11-05-2015, 09:38 AM
You don't know this you are just assuming it..

No, I am pretty darn confident I know this.

Regardless I will leave you be with your thoughts, you seem to enjoy making videos and what not - I don't think you should stop over this idea that people are trying to keep track of you.

Whonnock Boy
11-05-2015, 09:39 AM
I'm with a few of the other respondents here Wayne. Could have been anyone, or anything that took your rope and rack, and not necessarily someone from the site. Sorry to hear about it though none the less.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Post a picture of the rack on here, if it was stolen someone might recognize it.....

Sorry GG as I said in my past posts that my video camera went dead that morning I shot my buck I was going to take pictures of the deer the next morning till what happened ,,I now am looking for a back up JVC spair batt that i will carry with me from now on,,a person gets older as myself believe you me you don't think about things till its to late..

s0ylentgreen
11-05-2015, 09:41 AM
hi wayne,
i just wanted to say your posts and experience are a great help to me as i learned hunting in beautiful BC.
so sorry you got ripped off - i hate when that happens.
just know that you have a lot of respect and appreciation from me....

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 09:43 AM
No, I am pretty darn confident I know this.

Regardless I will leave you be with your thoughts, you seem to enjoy making videos and what not - I don't think you should stop over this idea that people are trying to keep track of you.

I guess I am upset on what had happened to me I am venting somewhat like said in a few posts back I apologized accusing others of taking my rack it's not fair to accuse others unless I am 100% sure it was stolen whatever happened to my rack will never be known..

Salty
11-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Time for some well thought out trail cams around camp. Hang in there Wayne.

brian
11-05-2015, 10:24 AM
I am a little surprised at your posts Wayne, usually you try to stay positive in the face of adversity. I always admired this side of your personality. This time you seem to be letting the *******s get you down. It would be a shame to loose your voice. I always liked living vicariously through your stories, pics, and videos. I can only dream of spending so much time out in the bush. If I can say anything I would say, don't let the *******s get you down. Do what you love to do. If you think people are tracking you on the web then just release the information in a less timely fashion.

RadHimself
11-05-2015, 10:35 AM
i think it was FN...

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 10:38 AM
I am a little surprised at your posts Wayne, usually you try to stay positive in the face of adversity. I always admired this side of your personality. This time you seem to be letting the *******s get you down. It would be a shame to loose your voice. I always liked living vicariously through your stories, pics, and videos. I can only dream of spending so much time out in the bush. If I can say anything I would say, don't let the *******s get you down. Do what you love to do. If you think people are tracking you on the web then just release the information in a less timely fashion.

Well said that's exactly what I will do from now on only post on the internet when someone is in my camp whether they see my posts on the internet or whatever least I will be much safer

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 10:41 AM
i think it was FN...

LOL not this time..

The Hermit
11-05-2015, 10:46 AM
The whole deal sucks Wayne. I ****ing HATE thieves. Keep looking for that rack though... winter snows have a way of highlighting contrasts before it gets too deep and the grounds cover will look way different in the spring! Good luck man.

steveo
11-05-2015, 10:56 AM
Well said that's exactly what I will do from now on only post on the internet when someone is in my camp whether they see my posts on the internet or whatever least I will be much safer
Can't you post on you-tube from the bush as long as you have reception and use your data.

Backwoods
11-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear your loss Wayne, My very first whitetail rack got stolen from my parents yard, I thought a Neibourhood dog took it so I searched every house on the street haha I was really upset, there's no better feeling then holding the rack after harvesting a nice buck, elk, moose etc... Feels really rewarding and for me every rack I've kept off the game I have harvested is a great memory, everytime I look at them I can remember exactly how the hunt went down!!! I really enjoy your stories, pictures and videos, I want to get into filming some solo hunts next year. Hope you stay on HBC and arnt discouraged in posting pics and vids you do a great job thanx for sharing!

Fisher-Dude
11-05-2015, 11:15 AM
Well that sucks Wayne. I hope whomever ripped you off, whether they are from here or not, gets some bad karma.

Some people just can't stand to leave other people's stuff alone - I don't know who raised these f'in thieves, but they need a swift kick in the nuts, too. They seem to be everywhere these days, and a guy can't rely much on honesty from others anymore.

You're a good influence on this site and we all enjoy your pics and vids. I hope you stay and keep on posting your helpful and entertaining posts. This site would go downhill a lot without you here.

FD

ajr5406
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
Are you more upset about the rack or the rope? Seem like mostly your comments are about some rope? If someone did steal it, then that sucks... seem quite unlikely for someone to go to the effort to steal some cheap rope but leave the rest of your stuff...?

11-05-2015, 11:17 AM
If its true sorry to see you go Wayne. Dont let the a$$ hats ruin it for you, as other have said time to be selective on what you post. Its the reason I post very few of my pics on here, as I know there are people who know what area I hunt and will come looking. People are jealous idiots and cant stand to see people do good.

Same has happened with me in different ways.

Hang in there Wayne. There ARE some Good Folks out there.

11-05-2015, 11:22 AM
You have been through worse here Wayne...... It sucks for sure but dont leave because of it.... maybe it was just somone who "found your camp" hope for that ok?

howa1500
11-05-2015, 11:32 AM
Please dont go you are one of the few people who inspire my hunting... Just look at that awesome camp. .. holy shnikes that's amazing...

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:36 AM
Can't you post on you-tube from the bush as long as you have reception and use your data.

I can't post in my hunting area no service..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:38 AM
Well that sucks Wayne. I hope whomever ripped you off, whether they are from here or not, gets some bad karma.

Some people just can't stand to leave other people's stuff alone - I don't know who raised these f'in thieves, but they need a swift kick in the nuts, too. They seem to be everywhere these days, and a guy can't rely much on honesty from others anymore.

You're a good influence on this site and we all enjoy your pics and vids. I hope you stay and keep on posting your helpful and entertaining posts. This site would go downhill a lot without you here.

FD

Pat I live and learn I say to much on the internet at times put up some pictures and videos that I sould not ,,its a big learning curve for this old salty ,,in the furture I have to think before I post..

Ourea
11-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Wayne, HBC would not be the same without you and your endless contributions.
Your platform is built on sharing your outdoor experiences with thousands of others.
The spirit in which you do this comes from a "good place".

I think it would be a travesty for you to walk away from HBC and disappoint the many who respect you.
Don't punish those that admire you.
They are not at fault.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Are you more upset about the rack or the rope? Seem like mostly your comments are about some rope? If someone did steal it, then that sucks... seem quite unlikely for someone to go to the effort to steal some cheap rope but leave the rest of your stuff...?

Well I am sure a bear did not take the 200 feet of rope had to be a person that one rope coast big money to replace I am upset with all what happened to me and it was not the bears fault that it took my deer next time that same day the meat will go to the butcher +uck the meat pole in the future,,like I said in the past it was not a good year for me regarding my camp issue the good part is having my friends come into my camp :smile:..

11-05-2015, 11:42 AM
You Inbox of Full Wayne

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:49 AM
You Inbox of Full Wayne

Thanks will dump some

okas
11-05-2015, 11:50 AM
yes.. there are more bad as just more in the timber now and things get stolen . I had a problem a few years ago . I asked two guys if they seen someone looking around one was drunk had the wrong answer and a smart ass . short story they both got a beating . found out later it was not them and i felt bad but then my dad said they were ass holes anyway .
you have to all most have a guy in camp just to feel safe going out from dawn till dusk now.

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:53 AM
yes.. there are more bad as just more in the timber now and things get stolen . I had a problem a few years ago . I asked two guys if they seen someone looking around one was drunk had the wrong answer and a smart ass . short story they both got a beating . found out later it was not them and i felt bad but then my dad said they were ass holes anyway .
you have to all most have a guy in camp just to feel safe going out from dawn till dusk now.

You got that right it's a shame that a person has to have theft on your belongings that you owen in an area you hunt..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 11:56 AM
There has been lots of people sending me private message regarding not to leave HBC and there right IO will not go but in the future I will think about all before I put up any posts or threads

ruger#1
11-05-2015, 12:03 PM
There has been lots of people sending me private message regarding not to leave HBC and there right IO will not go but in the future I will think about all before I put up any posts or threads To most of the people on this site. You are a hunting guru. Don't let the thieves win. A wolf could of taken your deer head. I had a bob cat trying to take one where I live. Even on private property the shit rats will walk for two kms and steel things. It pisses me off.

MB_Boy
11-05-2015, 12:09 PM
There has been lots of people sending me private message regarding not to leave HBC and there right IO will not go but in the future I will think about all before I put up any posts or threads

Good to hear Wayne.

One thing to remember as well is that anyone with access to a computer can see about 90% of this site without having to be a member. I wasn't sure what could be seen so just logged out and with the exception of the Buy and Sell I could view pretty much the whole site. So may not necessarily have been a member targeting you....could be any random person on the Internet......or just some asses that wandered by your camp site.

Sadly when you leave stuff unattended you just never know what people are going to do. Maybe I missed a post but was this stuff sitting right in where you have all the wood structure for your camp....but your tent was not there at the time?

mikeman20
11-05-2015, 12:36 PM
It was probably someone stumbling onto your camp, I doubt anyone would take the time to figure out where your camp is through pictures on a small hunting forum and then track your call down to only steal rope. The effort vs reward is way off.

Mulehahn
11-05-2015, 01:10 PM
I am glad you are going to stay Wayne. But I agree with you. It is disgusting. Don't steal someone's stuff. If I find something in the bush I try to hang it up, put some flagging tape on it and hope someone comes back for it. I am not sure how far away from your camp the rope was Wayne, but you said it was for a hanging pole. I usually hang my meat around 50 - 100 yards away, depending on where I solid trees. Maybe??? big maybe?? someone thought it was abandoned rope. But even then, wrap it up, hang it and flag it. As for the Rack, I have to agree that someone took it. I doubt that someone deliberately sought out your camp for that purpose, but I have come across deer heads in the bush people don't want to pack out. In my experience, an undisturbed animal is not going to drag a head so far that a group of people will not find it in 6 hours of searching. I am glad you are staying, but i agree. Post your stories after the season. When we all need a lift.

Daybreak
11-05-2015, 01:52 PM
You're a good man and have overcome much bigger hurdles in your life than this. It is discouraging when things do not go as we plan, however every experience is an opportunity to learn from and improve ourselves.

Life is just a series of challenges, each one we overcome prepares us for the next one. We get stronger and stronger as we move forward.

You may not see it right now however, you are moving forward and will be a better and a stronger man for having overcome all your trials this year.

Stone C. Killer
11-05-2015, 02:33 PM
Too much time in the bush under difficult circumstances makes people go crazy. Happens to the best of us

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Good to hear Wayne.

One thing to remember as well is that anyone with access to a computer can see about 90% of this site without having to be a member. I wasn't sure what could be seen so just logged out and with the exception of the Buy and Sell I could view pretty much the whole site. So may not necessarily have been a member targeting you....could be any random person on the Internet......or just some asses that wandered by your camp site.

Sadly when you leave stuff unattended you just never know what people are going to do. Maybe I missed a post but was this stuff sitting right in where you have all the wood structure for your camp....but your tent was not there at the time?

You got this right my meat pole is about 50 yards behingd my camp you have to drive right on to a meat pole 10 feet beside my camp to get to it..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 02:35 PM
To most of the people on this site. You are a hunting guru. Don't let the thieves win. A wolf could of taken your deer head. I had a bob cat trying to take one where I live. Even on private property the shit rats will walk for two kms and steel things. It pisses me off.

Yes there was two packs of wolfs calling all night long two days ago..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Wayne, HBC would not be the same without you and your endless contributions.
Your platform is built on sharing your outdoor experiences with thousands of others.
The spirit in which you do this comes from a "good place".

I think it would be a travesty for you to walk away from HBC and disappoint the many who respect you.
Don't punish those that admire you.
They are not at fault.
You have a good point there I agree with your words..

604Stalker
11-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch I love your tc pics and was super bummed about your WT going missing. That's sad to hear if it was someone on hbc then they are a royal d-bag and I hope they are forever skunked for bad bush karma!

M.Dean
11-05-2015, 03:30 PM
i think it was FN... Ya think??? I'm bett'in it was de'm derelict whitie's did this one Rad! Pale face's the only ones dumb enough to drive 75 miles round trip to steal a 8 dollar rope I say!

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Ya think??? I'm bett'in it was de'm derelict whitie's did this one Rad! Pale face's the only ones dumb enough to drive 75 miles round trip to steal a 8 dollar rope I say!

LOL more like 200.00 worth the breaded polyester rope..

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 03:36 PM
Please don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch I love your tc pics and was super bummed about your WT going missing. That's sad to hear if it was someone on hbc then they are a royal d-bag and I hope they are forever skunked for bad bush karma!

Might be someone from facebook's who knows so much I post up on face books I have even had women try to hit on me on facebooks,LOL..

BimmerBob
11-05-2015, 03:40 PM
LOL more like 200.00 worth the breaded polyester rope..

Sounds like a lot of dough Wayne... ;(

digger dogger
11-05-2015, 05:08 PM

I was thinkin a nasty yeast infection. Lol
To much bread on your rope?
Hahaha

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 05:26 PM

Go ask for what this rope is worth you would be surprised on the replacement cost its 5/8..

Here is 50 feet of the same rope that was stolen from my camp ,,thank god that I still have 50 feet of it left that's hanging up on the wall I don't like to be a cry baby but I am retired and don't have a lot of income that's why I am ticked off ,,I won't be leaving this rope in my camp down the road..

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/wwwwww.JPG

hunter1947
11-05-2015, 05:39 PM
I was thinkin a nasty yeast infection. Lol
To much bread on your rope?
Hahaha

LOL maybe to much WT blood LOL

Bugle M In
11-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Sorry, didn't read all 9 pages on this thread.
Is it just possible that someone saw the rope, driving by , and stole it ??
And that maybe the rack was taken by the Grizz and just not found??
There will always be bad apples, on this forum, or just out in the great wide open.
Hopefully you have reconsidered leaving the HBC.
Most of us are pretty good folks on here....
And most would agree, it would be disappointing if you left...
Just my thoughts...
Sorry about the ropes and rack.
BMI

Tenacious Billy
11-05-2015, 05:55 PM
LOL maybe to much WT blood LOL

All jokes aside - this is what I was thinking. The two things that smelled like a dead animal (the rack and the blood soaked rope) were the only things that went missing.

Who knows how far a bear/cougar or whatever could have taken it?......

hoochie
11-05-2015, 06:00 PM
I had a rope set up in a tree where I was hanging my gambrel. we got a deer and headed to the butcher. Our camp was quite obvious, campfire, lots of split wood etc.
So we went to town and when we came back we saw that the bag from the porta potty was sitting there.. open!
OMG!! we forgot to take it with us to dispose of it. Anyway, I go over there and notice my rope is gone.
At least the idiot(s) got a nice surprise when they opened a big bag of turds.

M.Dean
11-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Holy cow, that was good rope H47, think I'd be pissed too! With the head tho, I've lost a few over the years, one bear head still pee's me off. It was a huge black bear head a guy had froze, I thought it may go B&C book, but it really stunk! So like a idiot I got the head, took it to the bottom of my yard and covered it with a whole pile of stuff, a few fence posts, some wire, a brick, etc etc, and the yard is fenced too. So I went down to check it after a month or so to see if the ants cleaned it up at all, and Someone Stole my Bear Head!!! I'm mad, real mad, I looked everywhere, nothing! Went as far as telling all the Kid's around here I'd give them 20 bucks for my bear head, nope, no head! It's still out there, pretty sure a dog drug it home and the owner either burnt it or threw it into the dump, A-s hole! And my moose head, wasn't big but I wanted to keep it, so when I took the hide and entrails back in the bush to dump them, I took the head and tied it to a tree, real good like, I'll go back in the spring and get a shiny new skull! That one didn't last a week! There was no sign of that skull anywhere, I still look for that bloody thing when I go to dump entrails, and no luck! So, I hate to be the bearer of bad news Mr.H47, but I'd bet you that bear has your WT head safely stored in it's den so the baby bear cubs have a toy when there born this spring! Sucks I know, but it's life! Glad to hear your not leaving us too!

J_T
11-05-2015, 06:11 PM
I've watched the full thread. Wayne i believe your greatest issue is in the belief and lack of trust in your fellow man. One of the things I do like about the East Kootenay is my camp and Trail cams normally go undisturbed when Im not in camp.

I do feel perhaps that you have accused the wrong crowd. Taking your rope could have been done by anyone. I agree with others, the deer skull and antlers were likely taken by something wild.

So, three things.
1) I cant help you with a lack of faith in your fellow man. Some people just are dicks. Lots of them on this site.
2) perhaps you can accept that a creature took your WT skull. I believe that is closer to reality.
3) which leaves us with a $200 rope. Personally I think polyprop rope is garbage. But if you are convinced thats the rope for you and thats what will help you get through this, you tell me where and when and I will meet you, in Cranbrook and provide you with the $200 to replace that rope.

Weatherby Fan
11-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Hey Wayne,
pm me your address and I'll ship you some rope with whatever size eyes you need spliced.
I see you have a thimble on one end, let me know and I'll splice one on there for you.

WF

Cyrus
11-05-2015, 07:01 PM
will miss your posts and trail cam pics..good luck with your future endeavours.

markomoose
11-05-2015, 07:11 PM
Look at that Wayne.J.T. and Weatherby Fan came out swinging.Still a great group of human beings on this forum.Good on you guys.Hang in there Wayne you are an inspiration to many of us! Cheers Mark

russm
11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Not to sound like a dick but that video just looks like a bunch of stuff laying around, someone probably came up on it and took the rope because it's more useful than some torn up tarps, as for the head it's probably safe to assume an animal brought it somewhere, you can't eat antlers anyway ;)

houndogger
11-05-2015, 07:33 PM
Did you find your deer?

nature girl
11-05-2015, 07:46 PM
Wayne sorry this happened to you. But you know a bear or another animal could of taken your rope. Especially if it had any blood smell on it.
My uncle had a extension cord in his yard he lives in the country so he gets assorted animals in his yard. He went away for a few days and came home and his extension cord was gone. He thought maybe a neighbour or someone took it. Well when we went to visit him my boyfriend was walking behind his house and found the extension cord down the hill in the trees.
And Wayne so sorry for your lose of the deer to that grizz. But you have to think of it another way wouldn't you rather the grizz take your deer and not come after you when you were sleeping. Sometimes in life we get so pissed off but you always have to think it could be worse.
AND WAYNE DONT LEAVE HBC.

180grainer
11-05-2015, 07:50 PM
I think I might leave this site and if you the bad people are looking at this thread I put up you bad people that surf this site you won't be looking in on my threads or posts ever again yes I am targeting you bad people that stole my two 100 feet of rope 5/8 polyester and also found my WT rack that I did not look fore because the grizzly took it and I left all till I was back into my camp with some others to help find my rack.

Yes my thoughts are is I had posted what had happened to me losing my deer to the grizzly on this site and you knew I was at home and went into my camp shame on you I hope karma bites you one day and good.

Me and two of my friends looked and looked for my rack every day we put in around 6 hours looking for that rack never found it I am so upset I am very mad at myself for not dealing with this matter properley and the bad people that live on this beautiful earth of ours..

Here is a video clip of my polyester rope one of two that the bad people stole.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW9hqF3P-ZE...this years was not a good year for me one that I want to forget..

Why does this sound like paranoia? Do you have an idea as to who actually did this? If so why blame the site. If you don't, it's a pretty big leap of faith to come to the conclusion that "someone knew you were on and rushed out and stole your stuff. Am I missing something here?

scoutlt1
11-05-2015, 07:59 PM
Stick with the site I say.
A**holes in every walk of life. Even more so on the internet.
Love your posts, videos, and stories....and thank you for all of them.
Sorry for the loss of your stuff regardless of who the thief is.

I'd be more than happy to contribute to you getting back whatever you've lost.

Cheers Wayne, and good luck with the rest of your hunting this fall!!

Hunterguy
11-05-2015, 08:54 PM
Wayne check your messages re rope Hunterguy. Sounds like you had a bad season after your incident hunting is a release for most, one with nature and away from the shit show city, sounds like your worn out take a break!!!

SSG-man
11-05-2015, 09:00 PM
Ya, I look at all your posts wayne. Stick around, it'll be worth it.

BTW, as much as that rope was worth, it wasn't worth the Ferry trip for me to come over and drive up there, so cross me off your list please.

IslandBC
11-05-2015, 09:03 PM
This is why it's best to calm down and think before posting. Read a lot of great posts and seen some cool pictures from H47... It's just rope. You can buy more. There will be more bucks to shoot as well. Imagine if yah lost a trail cam?? Jesus man!!

Johnny G1
11-05-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes Wayne, If I didn't live so far away I would more then gladly bring you all the rope I have, not braided but it has helped me out of a lot of jams, anyways please don't leave this site over a a few bunch of Shitheads that got nothing better than to screw with a MAN's huntin camp,, Keep up the good work Wayne and keep posting, All the best.

finngun
11-05-2015, 09:19 PM
There is only one BiG question left:::::) WHERE IS JELVIS? He is the one ..Who can fix the brobleM..:wink: jellooo call inn..

Husky7mm
11-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Wayne , your a nice a guy and you wear your heart on your sleave but know this, there are a few locals in your neck of the woods that dont like you posting everything that you see and do on utube and the Internet. They know where you camp for weeks at a time cause they spent time in that area also. You pulled camp and they, he, she likely walked in and snooped around and found your ropes lying off in the bush, maybe your rack too, maybe..... As far as I know they are not HBC members, not that all HBC members are good people and like minded to yourself. I used to put hunters on a pedestal cause I thought they were all good, honest hardworking individuals. Unfortunately thats not the case. They are a collection of a dog from every county. Dont let stuff like this ruin what you enjoy, and dont let people steal your ability to be happy. Make your own luck and just keep on keeping on.

Bugle M In
11-05-2015, 09:42 PM
There is only one BiG question left:::::) WHERE IS JELVIS? He is the one ..Who can fix the brobleM..:wink: jellooo call inn..
Wasn't that Jelly-Belly who was just apprehended trying to steal the lifeboat from BCFerries, and than just caught
running around naked on one of those small islands:confused:

todbartell
11-05-2015, 09:53 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/56/564edd96042be6f9fc73febbed9129b177b0a073d066642103 7341846bfad71d.jpg

Hunterguy
11-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Totally agree with Husky Wayne there's a lot of locals wherever that don't want guys posting and drawing people into their so called areas. I think way back on previous posts you have been called out for running a sort of guiding service with your camp and visitors, locals don't like that surprised you haven't had worse altercations, just enjoy what your doing and not post is what I would suggest.

Coachman
11-05-2015, 10:00 PM
Did you consider the fact that your "camp" is so meticulously clean that someone may have seen the mess of the tarp and rope and thought it was left by some slob who has no regard for the bush?

Maybe they took it thinking they were helping clean up? It's reasonable to assume your camp was not associated to anything messy?

As for your rack, not sure what area, coyotes or wolves very easily could have carried it off miles away.

I don't know you Wayne, but reading this thread, there are plenty of people who do and value your input. I wouldn't let the unknown intentions (good or bad) of one person influence your impact on the many.

caves16
11-05-2015, 10:10 PM
is it possible the rope had blood on it and was carried off by a scavenger?

Jelvis
11-05-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm with you 47 we back you, and I'm so sorry this happened. Prayer sent skyward for a positive answer to your predicament. Don't leave us bud.
Jel -- try to endure friend with us and we will all try to help you along

Sofa King
11-05-2015, 10:18 PM
when leaving rope around camp, leave it like this, might prevent snooping.

https://trsparties.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/bigstock-hanging-noose-33573509.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCLTjwNeF-8gCFQ_cYwodvpkKPg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoviespix.com%2Fnoose.html&bvm=bv.106923889,d.cGc&psig=AFQjCNFMZPTIzn687Fo2sJ2q0KYO02ZrQg&ust=1446873417510430)

HarryToolips
11-05-2015, 10:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Wayne...you influence many people on this site in a very positive way... Are you really sure someone from this site took all that?

trebreklaw
11-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Don't leave you are a great ambassador for the hunting community...

Jagermeister
11-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Talk to the wolves Wayne. I think they're responsible.

Caribou_lou
11-06-2015, 12:04 AM
Totally agree with Husky Wayne there's a lot of locals wherever that don't want guys posting and drawing people into their so called areas. I think way back on previous posts you. ave been called out for running a sort of guiding service with your camp and visitors, locals don't like that surprised you haven't had worse altercations, just enjoy what your doing and not post is what I would suggest.

Do these locals have a right to be upset? Im not sure anyone on this site would be happy with someone posting lots of pictures/videos of an area that they have been hunting possibly their whole life. Im not saying going into anyones camp is appropriate by any means.

How many years have you lived/hunted in this area.

Mulehahn
11-06-2015, 12:32 AM
Do these locals have a right to be upset? Im not sure anyone on this site would be happy with someone posting lots of pictures/videos of an area that they have been hunting possibly their whole life. Im not saying going into anyones camp is appropriate by any means.

How many years have you lived/hunted in this area.

Nope sorry. I don't hunt out that way, but I have areas I have been going to for most of my life. I have never thought to myself "if they tell anyone about this place, or put it up on the internet I am going to get them!" In fact, if I see a picture of a place I love and some one was successful hunting there I think to myself "hey, I know that place. I have been there. I am glad to see someone else enjoying it." Why? The answer is simple, When I go to a new place I am undoubtedly going into someone else's honey hole.

As for the situation Wayne find's himself in... I am glad you are staying Wayne. As for whether the people who stole your stuff are members on here I have no idea. I also have no idea if someone deliberately targeted you, or just happened by. To me, both scenarios are equally plausible. The unfortunate thing is I do believe that someone did steal your rope and head. The chances of 3 people searching for 6 hours and not turning up any sign of 200' of rope or the deer's head tell me that it was taken by people. I do not care if you have hunted the area since your pappy could carry you, don't take other people's stuff. You are having a bad year Wayne, but it will get better. Maybe take someone up on there offer, get out and take your mulie, and laugh about it next year.

The Hermit
11-06-2015, 12:39 AM
I've watched the full thread. Wayne i believe your greatest issue is in the belief and lack of trust in your fellow man. One of the things I do like about the East Kootenay is my camp and Trail cams normally go undisturbed when Im not in camp.

I do feel perhaps that you have accused the wrong crowd. Taking your rope could have been done by anyone. I agree with others, the deer skull and antlers were likely taken by something wild.

So, three things.
1) I cant help you with a lack of faith in your fellow man. Some people just are dicks. Lots of them on this site.
2) perhaps you can accept that a creature took your WT skull. I believe that is closer to reality.
3) which leaves us with a $200 rope. Personally I think polyprop rope is garbage. But if you are convinced thats the rope for you and thats what will help you get through this, you tell me where and when and I will meet you, in Cranbrook and provide you with the $200 to replace that rope.

There ya go Wayne... give J_T a call and take him up on that mighty fine offer!

BTW Jim #3 should actually solve #1 too! Oh and did I tell you about that motorcycle some asshole stole from me??? ;-) You and WeatherbyFan are da mans!

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 05:40 AM
I had a rope set up in a tree where I was hanging my gambrel. we got a deer and headed to the butcher. Our camp was quite obvious, campfire, lots of split wood etc.
So we went to town and when we came back we saw that the bag from the porta potty was sitting there.. open!
OMG!! we forgot to take it with us to dispose of it. Anyway, I go over there and notice my rope is gone.
At least the idiot(s) got a nice surprise when they opened a big bag of turds.

LOL to funny..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 05:49 AM

So, three things.
3) which leaves us with a $200 rope. Personally I think polyprop rope is garbage. But if you are convinced thats the rope for you and that's what will help you get through this, you tell me where and when and I will meet you, in Cranbrook and provide you with the $200 to replace that rope.

J_T you have a hart of gold and yes I have had time to think about the rack and the rope I was so upset losing my rack and the rope that I started to jump to conclusions now that I have had a few days to cool down and think about all I feel much better,,I will never know what happened to the rack as for the rope its gone its history I have to accept this.

I myself in the future will have to do things differently meaning dealing with the animals my rope etc I came back down to earth after venting on HBC as for Facebook's
if I had taken in my deer that day probably none of this would had happened because I had the two rops rolled up hanging on a tree before this had happened.

I really appreciate your offer J_T I don't need the replacement rope I lost as my past post shows that I still have 50 feet of that rope in my shed there are fantastic people on this site and I thank all for there kind words ,,I won't ever get into a position that this will happen to me again we all learn by our mistakes even when you get to my age we never stop learning,,Thank you again J_T for your offer it goes a long ways..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:04 AM
This is why it's best to calm down and think before posting. Read a lot of great posts and seen some cool pictures from H47... It's just rope. You can buy more. There will be more bucks to shoot as well. Imagine if yah lost a trail cam?? Jesus man!!

I have had a trail cam in my area taken this did not upset me as much as me loosing my rope believe it of not..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:07 AM

I respect Jelvis to no end and I don't go there when others bring this fine man down Jelvis never hurts anyone I like him like a brother or sister to me but that's another story..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:21 AM
Wayne , your a nice a guy and you wear your heart on your sleave but know this, there are a few locals in your neck of the woods that dont like you posting everything that you see and do on utube and the Internet. They know where you camp for weeks at a time cause they spent time in that area also. You pulled camp and they, he, she likely walked in and snooped around and found your ropes lying off in the bush, maybe your rack too, maybe..... As far as I know they are not HBC members, not that all HBC members are good people and like minded to yourself. I used to put hunters on a pedestal cause I thought they were all good, honest hardworking individuals. Unfortunately thats not the case. They are a collection of a dog from every county. Dont let stuff like this ruin what you enjoy, and dont let people steal your ability to be happy. Make your own luck and just keep on keeping on.

Yes you have this right I have over 5000 video clips on youtube including my camp set up I agree with all your wording as all know I love filming wildlife as much as taking an animal infact I like filming nature more.

I do know a few people from within my area that knows where my camp is that don't like one one bit and yes I will be doing something to help me out within my camp area I do know that they look at all my videos I put up on youtube not going to mention any names when they see this post they will know..

I am my worst enemy when it comes to posting things up on the internet in the past when the forestry booted me out of my other camp there was someone that complained about me staying there more then 14 days yes this is the new rule you can't stay in a place camped for more then 14 days on crown land this is another story won't get into it.

I know something I have to think much harder about all when it comes to posting things up on the internet regarding what is safe and what is not a safe thing to do I feel good this fine morning and I thank the lord for giving me one more day on this lovely earth to live,,I thank you for your words it goes a long ways stay safe and have a happy month this Nov..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Totally agree with Husky Wayne there's a lot of locals wherever that don't want guys posting and drawing people into their so called areas. I think way back on previous posts you have been called out for running a sort of guiding service with your camp and visitors, locals don't like that surprised you haven't had worse altercations, just enjoy what your doing and not post is what I would suggest.

This is correct this guiding thing is a bad tick in the side but all is good now if you remember my thread I put up last year regarding that thread I had to put this guiding shit behind me I went to the wildlife branch and explained all to the top brass CO here in Cranbrook I came out of his office feeling like a rose that's another story won't get into it..

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:34 AM
Sorry to hear that Wayne...you influence many people on this site in a very positive way... Are you really sure someone from this site took all that?

I don't think I accused and HBC member of stealing my rope ??? I think I said someone surfing HBC might had taken my rope meaning that the surfures are not members they only surf for information on this site there not members..

ruger#1
11-06-2015, 06:36 AM
Wayne. Are you staying with us? If you are going. Then it is a sad goodbye from me.

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 06:39 AM
Wayne. Are you staying with us? If you are going. Then it is a sad goodbye from me.

I have cooled down did all my venting to you members and I do apologize to you all for putting up with my venting I should had never put up this thread should had kept it to myself and yes I will stay on HBC because there are so many of you that are the likes of me meaning a hart of gold..

Ride Red
11-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Glad your staying Wayne, don't let one bad experience ruin everything for yourself.

ruger#1
11-06-2015, 06:44 AM
You and jelvis are good people. We need more like you.I wish I could do the things you do. But I will have to live the dream like others on here through your posts. You are a good mentor with a kind heart. Thank You. Mark......

GoatGuy
11-06-2015, 07:51 AM

It's in the water.............

250 sav
11-06-2015, 08:03 AM
If you quit because of a couple of pecker head thieves, they win and that's not right. I hope you stay your input is important Wanye.

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 08:41 AM
It's in the water.............

As I said behind me and watch what I put up on the internet..

GoatGuy
11-06-2015, 08:50 AM
As I said behind me and watch what I put up on the internet..
Wasn't referring to you, Cranbrook is a funny place.

Elkaholic
11-06-2015, 08:55 AM
Wasn't referring to you, Cranbrook is a funny place.

Its the fluoride in the water!

GoatGuy
11-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Its the fluoride in the water!
I believe they put fluoride in other jurisdictions water as well with very different outcomes.

huntcoop
11-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Your momma never raised no quitter Wayne, pour a whisky and relax :smile:

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Here is a Video showing where my meat pole is from the front of my camp video was taken 6 weeks ago the meat pole is 100 feet behind that big stump..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIX5MY9MRuI

Foxtail
11-06-2015, 11:54 AM
Do you need more rope Wayne?

hunter1947
11-06-2015, 02:45 PM
Do you need more rope Wayne?

No I don't but thanks anyways..

REMINGTON JIM
11-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear the problems some IDIOTS have caused for you Wayne BUT please don't leave the site over a few GOOFS ! jmo :smile: RJ

Foxtail
11-06-2015, 05:29 PM
If you need some ripe let me know. Always have lots around.

BgBlkDg
11-06-2015, 05:37 PM
I don't know you, but, I certainly respect you and hope you stay, as J-T has posted, there are some bottom feeders here and there are scumsuckers even in our beloved Kootenays.......just have to try to avoid them.

I will NOT post photos for several very good reasons, not that I am much of a photographer, but, I would just move my base camp and keep the location to myself.

I used to assist others with showing my own gear, fitting boots correctly and even mounting and boresighting scopes, all for free and then a couple of REAL *mountain men* I had helped chose to slag me here, so, Fugit, some guys in any group are just dicks and that's life.

Keep yer pecker up, its mostly good, eh!