PDA

View Full Version : WT hunting areas near Lumby

finngun
11-04-2015, 11:28 PM
Thinking to go wt hunting Lumby...cherryville area,,i been there only ones before.
So can i find there lots of hunting grounds,,without worry about private- farmers land..or is it better go mable lake or up to sugar lake?i never bag my first wt yet..just mulies..
Any help about direction is welcome...thanx f-g:redface:

tadpole
11-05-2015, 07:07 AM
The hunting pressure in Lumby-Cheryville area area is immense. The deer in there became totally nocturnal and come out after dark. Most acreages has blinds on them. You be better off to hit the bush in Sugar lake area.

wrenchhead
11-05-2015, 07:10 AM
Pick a road from vernon to the gold panner. They all carry deer, and the whitetails will be starting to get ready for rutting, so you are more likely to catch one in the open.

.264winmag
11-05-2015, 07:25 AM
You never know but I've never had much luck out sugar lake area. Wrenchhead nailed it, come to think of it I don't know of a road off Hwy 6 or creighton valley that I haven't seen a wt on at some point. Like mentioned the pressure is high these days. No wt rut yet though, I'm still chasing mulie's.

adriaticum
11-05-2015, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the idea. I might be heading there too :)

RadHimself
11-05-2015, 10:37 AM
go into cherryville, go past the emporium... keep driving till you find the intersection of Lang Road and Northfork Road, you'll see a big field infront of you

Good hunting there.... the owners are hunter friendly

Dougielightning
11-05-2015, 01:37 PM
The owners are hunter friendly!!!!! Lol. Gonna get people in trouble with that joke.

Salty
11-05-2015, 01:45 PM
A little irresponsible I'd have to say. ..

Drillbit
11-06-2015, 01:30 AM
The white road up on the monashees was good to me in the past. Might be pretty grown in now though.

The Kettle too, but lots of people loop thru there.