PDA

View Full Version : Fort St John Guys

KodiakHntr
11-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I know this is a long shot, but does anybody recognize this truck?

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc182/KodiakHntr2/735B05A3-1E89-48A1-B101-7444C45F08BF_zpsyxe9txbf.png (http://s214.photobucket.com/user/KodiakHntr2/media/735B05A3-1E89-48A1-B101-7444C45F08BF_zpsyxe9txbf.png.html)

Dark blue or black 2013 or newer Dodge crew cab, dually with the cummins, has a light bar in the grill, and a white mobile treatment unit style camper thing in the box. I don't think thats what it is though. Just that style.

Possibly live or work in the Rose Prairie or Prespatou area...

butthead
11-04-2015, 08:05 PM
thats a good photo
any one should reconize that truck

KodiakHntr
11-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Certainly live up to your username don't you....

Best pic I could get when they drove around my truck after they shot a deer from the cab with a 22 and then tried to shoot it again out of the truck window while chasing it through a field in the headlights on my neighbours place.

Maybe I should have tried to ask them nicely for their registration?

Drillbit
11-04-2015, 08:23 PM
I think i know the truck, but it's a pretty bad picture.

okas
11-05-2015, 12:15 AM
there are more hunters at night up there than in the day.. the COs do nothing to any one who lives up there ... and do not even report in as it will be you the poacher. it is a mess up there

KodiakHntr
11-05-2015, 06:33 AM
Sorry Okas, but that's absolute horseshit. Last day of the season last year an asshole from Fort Nelson had his kid shoot a big whitetail in my field, shooting directly at my house. I caught them while they were retrieving it.

The CO's came out, took samples, and tracked down the poachers from the licence plate and pressed charges.

Same CO's last night took my call and tried to intercept these assholes as I chased them down the highway. Huge respect for Andrew the CO up here. Hard worker.

M.Dean
11-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Sounds like a truck full of booze and drugs, rifles and ass-hol*s! Sure be nice if you guys do catch these idiots, and remember, they are "Armed"! So be Careful!

brutus
11-05-2015, 07:22 PM
lots of weird shit goes on up that way.litle bit of subject but on multiple occasion i seen guys road hunting with one guy on a platform in the back of pick up rifle in hand looking in cut blocks,have not witness them shooting from there but i assume they do,they looks at me and just keep on going like i was not there,made me stop walking in the slash after seeing it a few times.

Bear Chaser
11-05-2015, 07:25 PM
lots of weird shit goes on up that way.litle bit of subject but on multiple occasion i seen guys road hunting with one guy on a platform in the back of pick up rifle in hand looking in cut blocks,have not witness them shooting from there but i assume they do,they looks at me and just keep on going like i was not there,made me stop walking in the slash after seeing it a few times.

I have lived here my entire life and have never witnessed or even heard of that happening here. Then again I don't hunt areas where there will be a crowd of guys from other parts of BC.

Bunner
11-05-2015, 07:33 PM
I will keep my eyes open and let you know if I see anything. These type of guys ruin it for the rest of us. And I wonder why land owners don't give access and permission to hunters

brutus
11-05-2015, 07:40 PM
lol,i lived up there when i witnessed,and unless they were on a longgggg hunting trip from other parts of bc they were locals,seen the same truck more than once over the seasons i was there,and this year seen another truck doing the same thing,even my wife who is fairly new to hunting said (quote) isn't that illegal????

brutus
11-05-2015, 07:42 PM
I have lived here my entire life and have never witnessed or even heard of that happening here. Then again I don't hunt areas where there will be a crowd of guys from other parts of BC.
And nobody shoots deer on other peoples fields??????

okas
11-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Kodiak hntr.... we were talking Ft. saint john here. Micah Kneller. CO.

sparkes3
11-06-2015, 10:42 AM
its not illegal unless the gun is loaded or they are shooting from the platform.
is there a person with reduced mobility involved that may have a permit to shoot from a vehicle.

dougan
11-06-2015, 12:16 PM
its not illegal unless the gun is loaded or they are shooting from the platform.
is there a person with reduced mobility involved that may have a permit to shoot from a vehicle.how come every time someone doesn't do anything wrong people try to find something wrong with it and every time someone is doing something wrong people are trying to find a reason there is nothing wrong with it?????????

Muliechaser
11-06-2015, 12:31 PM
how come every time someone doesn't do anything wrong people try to find something wrong with it and every time someone is doing something wrong people are trying to find a reason there is nothing wrong with it?????????

Kind of like when guys continuisly ? Lol harvest big animals year after year and they then are now poachers becuase they are so successfull ? I hear you there . Its pretty anoyying

Mc

sparkes3
11-06-2015, 12:47 PM
just saying hearsay or pretty sure they were doing something illegal, means nothing nowadays. fer fawk sakes C O has a hard time getting a conviction with video and confession.
not saying I agree with their method of hunting but if its not illegal who are we to give them flak for it.

northernbc
11-06-2015, 03:20 PM
you fellows need to reread Kodiak,s posts private property, shooting at night , with a 22. there is no way to find any excuse for this.

KodiakHntr
11-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Thank you northern. I think the part that bothered me the most was them chasing a wounded deer through the field in the dark with a pickup, trying to shoot it again out the window.

northernbc
11-06-2015, 03:52 PM
the whole thing is disguisting,glad you put it up on fsj now, as well. and as far as the co,s go every experience I have had with them up here have been first class. they have no budget or manpower.

Gr8 white hunter
11-06-2015, 04:03 PM
The same thing is going on here on the south island,I'm coming out of the bush at dark and see 4-5 trucks heading into the bush after dark.

brutus
11-06-2015, 04:21 PM
all i can say is i hope they catch the idiot,take away all privilledge(pal,hunting license, big fine,the hole works).

brutus
11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
is there a person with reduced mobility involved that may have a permit to shoot from a vehicle.
not illegal,just weird.its like drive by hunting lol,not my cup of tea.Seen lots of people road hunting but was taking it to a new level for me

mikeman20
11-06-2015, 04:36 PM
They may just be arriving to set up camp, I'll be getting to my spot tonight at about 9 depending on traffic. Not everyone is a poacher.
The same thing is going on here on the south island,I'm coming out of the bush at dark and see 4-5 trucks heading into the bush after dark.

358mag
11-06-2015, 04:41 PM

Same problem in Region 8 also lots of trucks heading up into the hills at dusk -dark .

338Schulz
11-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Yup,and some even come out in the morning,with Cow Elk in the truck but apparently its all legal and then go back again and shoot the calves that's legal also

Gr8 white hunter
11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
I live around the corner from the CO and his truck only move when there's a bear or cougar problem hereon the south island.Shit if I was a CO I'd park my ass on a mountain top and watch what go's on after dark.look in the US they drive around at night and catch pochers.do this a couple times and the pochers will get the message.

limit time
11-07-2015, 09:08 AM

I do this all the time...perfectly legal......

limit time
11-07-2015, 09:10 AM
Same problem in Region 8 also lots of trucks heading up into the hills at dusk -dark .
I guess I'm a "poacher" eh ?? I have done this in this region....

panhead
11-07-2015, 09:47 AM
If you are familiar with Photoshop (or similar program) try lightening the photo up ... you will see a lot more ...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision.

northernbc
11-07-2015, 12:18 PM
come on you guys unknot your undies, we have all gone to hunt camp after work and in the dark. this thread is about a specific truck who is a law breaker of the worst type. instead of hijacking this thread maybe someone with good computer skills could fix up this picture and lets work together to bring on what these scumbags deserve.

Xenomorph
11-07-2015, 10:49 PM
Shooting with a .22 there's your intention right there. Come on, be humane about it at least. Sorry for your trouble Kodiak, hope they manage to do something with this. Take care of yourself.

358mag
11-07-2015, 11:26 PM
I guess I'm a "poacher" eh ?? I have done this in this region....
Sure hope your not driving up at that time were your rifle poking out the window like those trucks are doing ...
But seeing the same trucks heading back down the hills at dawn . sure hope that wasn't you ......

sparkes3
11-08-2015, 08:12 AM
just for reference I was referring to Brutus's post, not the original post .
I hope those assholes get caught .

limit time
11-09-2015, 10:30 PM
Sure hope your not driving up at that time were your rifle poking out the window like those trucks are doing ...
But seeing the same trucks heading back down the hills at dawn . sure hope that wasn't you ......

No....
They way I read you post was everyone that is in the bush at dark is a poacher or criminal.