PDA

View Full Version : Region 2 bear sightings

Xenomorph
11-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Planning on setting off for a 3-4 day hunt for a blackie, any info appreciated. PM me if you don't want to comment on this.

Thanks in advance.

~T-BONE~
11-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Tough with the lack of berries. Unless u hunt the river bottoms for a fish bear!?

brutus
11-04-2015, 04:00 PM
Harris creek(suiside)usually holds lots of stinky salmon bears

ruger#1
11-04-2015, 04:04 PM
Hunt around some old corn fields close to the mountains. The only bears I have seen this year have been close to town.

Big Lew
11-04-2015, 04:23 PM
You hunt with a gun or bow? There are several bears right in the Fraser Valley bottomland adjacent
to the corn, hay, and blueberry fields. Knock on doors if you're a bow hunter. They'll be into the fish
big time very soon though.

Xenomorph
11-04-2015, 04:46 PM
You hunt with a gun or bow? There are several bears right in the Fraser Valley bottomland adjacent
to the corn, hay, and blueberry fields. Knock on doors if you're a bow hunter. They'll be into the fish

Both, 80# compound or gun.. whichever area I'm in

~T-BONE~
11-04-2015, 05:02 PM

Totally forgot about that one.. Corn fields for sure!

Wile E
11-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Pm inbound.

shhhh ;)

takla1
11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
I'll have a report tomorrow at this time.i will be going back 30 miles up one of the 2-8 drainages looking for a bear and hopefully a blacktail.Theres a bit of fresh snow up higher inland in the 2-8 region so going for the day.
If you try the cornfields up against the north side of the valley they will have numerous trails leading up into the bench areas..you can try those area's but be there in the late afternoons are best,theyll be comeing down for a night snack!
good luck

takla

caddisguy
11-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Found myself on the trail of one last weekend in Region 2. It was old growth timber in a valley bottom. Following a trail and found a few piles of fresh scat. A ways later I smelled bear, 100%. Wind was still and it smelled very strong (not to mention I had a case of the sniffles) so I knew it was really close. Probably walked right by. Never actually slowed down to for it though. Tagged out on bear already and I was rampaging around on a cam checking mission.

takla1
11-05-2015, 09:24 PM
Had a great day in 2-8.We got back to the area we wanted to hunt and hiked a series of cut blocks there from first light till around noon.
Lots of fresh sign but no siteings unfortunately.The bucks were down low tho with lot of buck/doe tracks right on the back logging rds and fair amount of fresh shit in the cut blocks.no bear sign that was fresh
Found 2 spots at the end of logging spurs were it was obvious from tracks that does were being pushed around by a buck.Recent as in the last couple days

takla

Gone_Fishin_
11-06-2015, 08:21 AM
thanks for the report, was following this thread as im trying to get a bear as well before season closes or they go to sleep. No luck for myself but am putting the boots to the ground this weekend and hopefully find something.

Will send ya a msg if i happen to find two ;)
Cheers

takla1
11-06-2015, 10:16 AM
thanks for the report, was following this thread as im trying to get a bear as well before season closes or they go to sleep. No luck for myself but am putting the boots to the ground this weekend and hopefully find something.

Will send ya a msg if i happen to find two ;)
Cheers

Good luck on your outing.Im off for a reg.3 deer for the next few days then will be back to resume my BT quest.

takla

MikeH
11-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Need to find where the food is winters coming. I hunted the valley last week if you stay close to a river you shouldn't have a problem finding one I seen lots of dead salmon that had been ripped from the water all over the shore with big bits out of each.