PDA

View Full Version : MU 3-17 Mule Advise

huntingtime
11-04-2015, 02:24 PM
I am hoping someone can give some advise on mu 3-17. Both my dad and I are newbie hunters and both have a mulie doe LEH for 3-17. I have been in this area a couple years in a row a I have family in Lillooet. Usually around October and November. Fairly extensively covering the west side of the MU around Izman Creek FSR up to the gate towards Blue Lake and about half way east to Spences bridge. Also a little bit just South of Pavillion. Weve seen sign and grouse but no deer in this area once in the bush (along hwy 12 is another story, deer everywhere it seems like).

We are going out this weekend and im thinking maybe north of Pavillion or closer to Spences bridge may be better options. Any advise would be much appreciated.

bighornbob
11-04-2015, 02:46 PM
I would avoid the Spences bridge to Lytton areas. Have hunted sheep in there 20 years and maybe seen 20 deer all those years. I would personally hunt the northern parts of the unit.

huntingtime
11-04-2015, 04:55 PM
Thanks Bighornbob. I keep wanting to go back to the areas we know but with seeing nothing whats the point. We would sure like to get our first deer this weekend. Maybe we will spend more time driving around checking out some other areas.

huntingtime
11-05-2015, 02:02 PM
I think we are going to head to an area that does not have many cut blocks but the trees are a little sparser. Is it best to sit in an area like this or try and cover more ground.

ASPEN
11-06-2015, 08:54 AM
pm. sent !
Steve