PDA

View Full Version : Mile High or Lac Le Jeune

natebavis
11-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I have stayed at surrey lake, and Tunkwa. Gonna try Lac Le Wilderness resort or Mile High November 19-22. Any suggestions. Wife has mule deer tag I have whitetail. We have 1.5 year old. Will be little road hunting as family then some morning and evenings solo. any advice on either.

Cheers Nate

steveo
11-04-2015, 02:42 PM
I looked into Mile High last year for an alternative to Tunkwa and was quite impressed with the price comparison and the looks of the cabins(pics from their site). Hunted a bit over that way but mostly around Tunkwa, I am sure there is enough game to pursue.Good luck.

westnuck
11-04-2015, 03:38 PM
I hunted Paska & Face Lake before, seen lots of Mule deer, of course they were all standing rite at the cabins where they know they are safe.

twoSevenO
11-04-2015, 03:53 PM
I stayed at Mile high resort. It's ok, but expensive for what it is unless you go with a group of 4-5 and split the cost. Though i should mention i'm of the opinion that even Logan Lake or merritt motels are too expensive for what they are.

The good:
- kitchen. its nice to be able to cook a proper meal after a long day of hunting.
- meat shed. There's a shed where you can hang your deer at mile high.
- roomy. While not overly large the cabins generally sleep a good number of people. Splitting the cost of the cabin 4 ways becomes dirt cheap!

The "bad":
- water. You won't have running water at this time of year. They will have shut it off by now.
- There is ONE mens and ONE womens shower. Don't think its heated either. it's also right next to the toilet so you could be showering 10" away from someone taking a dump. Some would not enjoy that.
- no microwave. This is kind of a big one for me. Heating up left overs and such when you're dead tired would be so much handier with a microwave. I think their wiring is too crappy to handle something like a microwave.

Goose
11-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Both have pros and cons as stated above, which I agree with as well. My wife and I loved mile high, but we were coming from spending 2 nights worrying about being frozen to death staying at Surrey Lakes.

Mile High is a great place, although FSR around there are pretty rough, I think if I was rolling around the roads with the family, I'd be partial to Lac le Jeune. But thats just my opinion.

The people at Mile High are great though, and they have play areas for the kids, not sure how much in the winter, but if you call and ask, they may do sled rides or something.
Good luck regardless

skibum
11-05-2015, 10:10 AM
And no grey poupon.....