PDA

View Full Version : Mule deer tip for a novice

Heffernan89
11-03-2015, 06:57 PM
Hey everyone

I am going after my first mule deer this year here in kelowna.. I scouted lots and picked a few area that are pretty high elevation to target this weekend. My question is how much snow is to much, the one spot got 30cm the other night. Any tip or advice is appreciated . Not looking for anyone to give me a spot just want to get a grasp on mule deer habits. I already tagged out on whitetail and this is my first year even trying to target a 4pt not getting my hopes up but never know till you try.
Hope everyone season are going well!!

Daybreak
11-03-2015, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't be too concerned about snow levels at this time of year(first few snows). The way the weather is tracking you may find the snow to be crunchy and that makes it difficult to move quietly, cold nights with warmish days. Find the mule does and there will be mule bucks nearby. If you venture into the snow levels it will certainly make quick work of finding sign.

M.Dean
11-03-2015, 07:52 PM
Unless there's 2 feet of snow, the deer won't start heading towards there winter ranges. And this time of year, fresh snow is a hunters best friend! It lets us know where in hell they were last night, and where there headed today! Good Luck out there!

horshur
11-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Don't hunt high. Bulk of the deer are mid to low elevation. Less then 4000ft.

Heffernan89
11-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys