PDA

View Full Version : late season whitetail hunt advice

luger
11-02-2015, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, I want to head up at the end of november for white tail bucks in region 8, around rock creek. I'm not sure how the snow will be but just wanted to get some advice on how to hunt them, I was thinking that the whitetail bucks will be pushed to the valleys because of the snow so I should stay low, and I was gonna walk all the side roads. Any other help? I normally spend late season hunting region 3 mules but I got my first buck, an nice little spiker on opening weekend.

Thanks for the help

butthead
11-02-2015, 09:40 PM
the snows a fallin in them thar hills

HarryToolips
11-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Find sign and sit sit sit....but it's the rut so try the odd rattle/grunt/estrous doe bleat...and when Ya get bored of sitting, we'll just keep on sitting..but still hunting can be very effective as well so it might be worth trying..but when they're moving around lots many have had success on quads/vehicle as well, so you just have to read whats happening at that time...but I ain't no pro..

metalface
11-02-2015, 10:22 PM
actually thinking of doing that same this year as my original plans got all screwed up. would love any insight into late season in reg 8 or nearby reg 3... kamloops/logan lake area

J_T
11-02-2015, 10:27 PM
Treestand. Period. Find sign, find a trail. And always keep an arrow nocked. If your not bowhunting, you should be.