PDA

View Full Version : So you have 5 full days to go hunting.....what do you do?

JIL_24/7
11-02-2015, 03:23 PM
So just had my typical go-to place nixed because it is full or they are not responding. Not sure which. So now I am left one week from leaving with no decision as to where to go. I have a trailer that I can sleep in, a truck that can get me most places, 2 deer tags left to fill, a quad, 2 rifles and 5 full days to hunt. I will be leaving from the lower mainland and have already gotten a region 8 mulie buck so I was thinking of going region 3 or 5 for whitetail and mulie with a chance at a unicorn (spike-fork). I am torn between going to a place I already know and going someplace new. We really do need more meat for the freezer as we are already mowing down this buck like crazy and this will be my last kick at the can. Suggestions? Ideas? I am also open to hunting partners and driving up to about 6 hours or so. Wouldn't mind paying for and staying in a cabin as well. I have hunted mostly in Logan Lake, Merritt, Princeton, Clinton, and Likely. Feel free to PM me. Plan on leaving Sunday afternoon after church or early Monday morning which would be the 9th of November. Fire some ideas at me. Kind of have hunters block.

monasheemountainman
11-02-2015, 03:27 PM
go where all the other lml'ers go, tunkwa lake

Steelpulse
11-02-2015, 03:47 PM
Tunkwa Has cabins for sure but usually a busy area, not bad though and has lots of game. Id say hunt where you know best instead of hunting a new area with no knowledge of the area especially as this is last kick at the can

JIL_24/7
11-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Tunkwa Has cabins for sure but usually a busy area, not bad though and has lots of game. Id say hunt where you know best instead of hunting a new area with no knowledge of the area especially as this is last kick at the can
That's my gut feeling too, but with having a few more days I thought maybe travelling further might yield better results?

Xenomorph
11-02-2015, 04:29 PM
That's my gut feeling too, but with having a few more days I thought maybe travelling further might yield better results?

Less competition is always better. No stress, wake up, boots to ground and bag a beauty.

RadHimself
11-02-2015, 08:56 PM
Region 4, pu those quads to work. Find watshan lake and start climbing

Sangstercraft
11-02-2015, 10:25 PM
There's lots of deer around Merritt (I've seen around 50 does in the last two weekends) but the bucks are hard to bag due to pressure. There's quite a few hunters. The few rubs I have seen are in the hard to reach areas that take just an hour to hike to.

Coachman
11-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Trailer to sleep in, quads, and guns. BC is your playground. Go where you know.

Why would you be nixed from somewhere not responding..? Sounds like you're self sufficient. Go there, set up camp and kill some meat.

Whonnock Boy
11-02-2015, 11:36 PM
Being that meat is in high demand, I would go with what you know IMO, and region 3 for sure. I would go with Region 3 regardless of old haunts, or new ones.

hoochie
11-02-2015, 11:46 PM
I have the week of the 9th off as well. we are heading to 3.