PDA

View Full Version : Finding Moose issues PG area (7-7) this year?

emerson
11-01-2015, 10:21 PM
Spent 12 days in 7-7, mostly later Sept.-early Oct this year. Morning and evening, walking, calling, waiting, not quadding or driving. Bumped 1 bull in thick stuff, too fast to get a shot. 1 other moose, a cow twice in 2 days in a different spot. Anyone else having difficulty finding moose around here this year? I'm still working at it but time is running out.

kgs
11-01-2015, 10:40 PM
I have not seen a single moose this hunting season however a buddy at work has seen over a dozen in mu 7-9 but no spikers.

moosecaller
11-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Same shite different day seen a bull moving too fast to tell if it was fair or not and that's it one moose all season it's getting ridiculous compared to just a few years ago I would go out a couple of times and score now...I can't even see track!!

Funeral Of Hearts
11-01-2015, 11:15 PM
Saw lots of moose this year. Finding deer has been my problem.

sako7mm
11-02-2015, 08:15 AM
I've only seen one moose all season and only a handful of does..... put a lot of miles on the truck and the boots....

RadHimself
11-02-2015, 08:28 AM
seen tons of deer and moose this year... but not where i normally do

and the FN's hammered my area hard already this year, I saw 1 spikefork in a nice secluded area... but whether he's still hangin out there or not has yet to be found

Caribou_lou
11-02-2015, 09:08 AM
My friend just shot a spiker/2point yesterday near Prince George. Not sure what area he was in. The right one I guess!

tomahawk
11-02-2015, 09:36 AM
you have to find the pockets they are in. do that and there everywhere but best hunted in the rut in the thick stuff in 7-7

BRvalley
11-02-2015, 12:12 PM
in my experience spike forks are not quite the unicorn they are made out to be, see my fair share around PG and peace region.....I glass literally every single moose I see during hunting season, I rarely find spikers on their own, 9/10 times they are in the company of cows and calves....I'll sit and watch a cow for a long time, not just a few mins, when you glass every single cow you see, they have a way of suddenly growing those tiny forks, or eventually the spiker will show up

I passed up earlier in the season, hoping to break into a 50"+ bull, ended up eating tag soup of course...but I've seen more north of PG, than I have in 7-7...first light is more productive for me

Stainless
11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
I hunted 7-9 all fall for my draw and the only bulls I saw were shot on the road....

markomoose
11-02-2015, 06:43 PM
I didn't see a lot of local moose this season but a co-worker got a bull near Opatcho Lake.

Taurusguy
11-03-2015, 12:15 AM
I was in 7-9 for 11 days between frost lake and opatcho lake and just got back yesterday. Shot some grouse... And didn't see even one moose. Found 9 hides tho...a few heads... Couple of the hides were at government lake.. Several down at the end of spurs off 3100 rd... I bush wacked when it was nice in areas where I seen track only to find hides. Tried calling... Bushwackiing.. Quadng... Trucking...you name it.. Rained almost evryday... ... Oh also seen soo much wolf track and cat tracks too.. I'm convinced all the moose are or where scared deep into the high timber and the confident ones all got shot early oct :(

scuba
11-03-2015, 05:14 AM
Hunted a few times in 7-7 this fall and set up a couple cameras, seen lots of black bears and a wolf while hunting but the trail camera got pictures of 4 different bull moose, 2 cow/calf pairs, a single cow and a couple cow elk. I think the critters are still there but they have been educated to stay away from roads and quad trails and move at night. Cameras were 45 min walk in from truck and all pictures were in the dark. Cameras were out for 3 weeks before I checked them.