PDA

View Full Version : Surrey Lake "Resort"

sapper
11-01-2015, 03:29 PM
Does anyone know if this place is still open? I emailed them at the email address on their website close to a week ago and have yet to hear back from them? I see a FB page which shows quite a bit of work having been done there which is a good thing after the last time I spent a long weekend there. I did like that they were hunter friendly though.

Bullseye Bob
11-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Yep they are open all year ,recently new ownership,very accomadating people,i was up there early october.

Sofa King
11-01-2015, 06:36 PM
still seeing boats on the lake, so they must be open.

Big Lew
11-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I believe they're still open. My wife, dog, and I spent a few days there this September.
We won't be going back though. It cost us $65:00 a night for a basic cabin that had
serious insulation problems, lots of rodents, and the only door would only open 1/2 way
if we slammed a shoulder into it. Nice friendly new owner though, and apparently they
have big plans to upgrade their facilities.

Lozzie
11-01-2015, 09:45 PM
Just stay in a wall tent, but beware of wind and rodents.lol

hoochie
11-01-2015, 09:57 PM
we were thinking of trying to get a place there in Nov.
By rodents, you mean rats or mice?
damn.. might be rethinking this one. more input would be great

Coachman
11-01-2015, 10:28 PM
I stayed there years and years ago. Our cabin was rampant with mice and "something" bigger running around in the roof.

NEVER AGAIN

Goose
11-02-2015, 07:25 AM
Stayed there 2 weeks ago, yes that place is a POS, for the money you spend. It was minus 8 outside, as well as inside, it would have been better to sleep in my truck. In saying that though, like previous posters have said, they are under new owner ship, they have rebuilt one cabin (number 7). They run the generator for 4 hrs a night, but i would advise to take an extension cord as theres not really many "outlets", only plugs off the light sockets. And I would advise to not take any of the cabins along the lake, get the ones futher back as they have an actual wood stove separate from the gas range.

We, unfortunately stayed at one of the cabins by the lake cabin 5, and previously cabin 3.....wont do that again. Even if they put real wood stoves in, and actually give you wood (instead of saying "here's a wheel barrow") so you could heat the cabin past freezing, I would be hesitant to go back

Good luck

71_camaro
11-02-2015, 10:08 AM
Stayed in cabins 7&8.very clean.great for the money.no mice at all.wood stoves and propane oven.bring lanters or light tho.very clean.will go back soon

specbelly
11-02-2015, 04:14 PM
Mile High resort is not far away, great cabins, hunter friendly good rates, lots of wood on the porch. Great people as well. Staying there again for the 4th time Nov20th weekend

Riverbc
11-02-2015, 07:30 PM
the new ownership took over summer of 2014. 1- 250-320-1466

sapper
11-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Stayed there 2 weeks ago, yes that place is a POS, for the money you spend. It was minus 8 outside, as well as inside, it would have been better to sleep in my truck. In saying that though, like previous posters have said, they are under new owner ship, they have rebuilt one cabin (number 7). They run the generator for 4 hrs a night, but i would advise to take an extension cord as theres not really many "outlets", only plugs off the light sockets. And I would advise to not take any of the cabins along the lake, get the ones futher back as they have an actual wood stove separate from the gas range.

We, unfortunately stayed at one of the cabins by the lake cabin 5, and previously cabin 3.....wont do that again. Even if they put real wood stoves in, and actually give you wood (instead of saying "here's a wheel barrow") so you could heat the cabin past freezing, I would be hesitant to go back

Good luck
Yup, we stayed in one of the cabins on the lake when we were there a few years back. The first night with it close to -20 we wore all our clothes and fluctuated between wanting to have wood/fire in the oven/stove and having to have the door open because of the smoke from it that filled the cabin. The next morning we were moved away from the lake and had a much better experience. I'm hopeful that the new owners are able to turn the place around.

sapper
11-02-2015, 08:37 PM
Just stay in a wall tent, but beware of wind and rodents.lol
Ha! That was fun despite the few curve balls and the trip being cut short.