PDA

View Full Version : Dealership frustrations!

campking
11-01-2015, 09:34 AM
Was not sure where to post this but I am very frustrated with an experience I had at a Langley Chrysler Dealership yesterday, thought it may be helpful to someone else in what to expect at this dealership(also me getting this off my chest)

Myself and my daughter were considering buying 2 new Ram trucks so we went online and found some trucks we were interested on this dealerships website so drove out to see if we could make a deal. We met a salesman and he brought up their website and we showed him the ones we were interested, he advised us that the prices had not been updated (even though they clearly had as they had price reductions on almost all the trucks) and that the one my daughter wanted would be around 10,000 more, so I went outside and found a truck I would be interested in and it had a sticker on the window with the price so I went back inside and told the salesman I would like to try to make a deal on that truck, he told me that the price had not been updated and the price would be around 10,000 more.

I have bought many trucks at dealerships in my time and both my daughter and myself currently own Ram's but I am sorry but this way of doing business clearly posting lower prices to get customers in the door and than pulling this stunt is not only unethical but shameful!

moosinaround
11-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Was not sure where to post this but I am very frustrated with an experience I had at a Langley Chrysler Dealership yesterday, thought it may be helpful to someone else in what to expect at this dealership(also me getting this off my chest)

Myself and my daughter were considering buying 2 new Ram trucks so we went online and found some trucks we were interested on this dealerships website so drove out to see if we could make a deal. We met a salesman and he brought up their website and we showed him the ones we were interested, he advised us that the prices had not been updated (even though they clearly had as they had price reductions on almost all the trucks) and that the one my daughter wanted would be around 10,000 more, so I went outside and found a truck I would be interested in and it had a sticker on the window with the price so I went back inside and told the salesman I would like to try to make a deal on that truck, he told me that the price had not been updated and the price would be around 10,000 more.

I have bought many trucks at dealerships in my time and both my daughter and myself currently own Ram's but I am sorry but this way of doing business clearly posting lower prices to get customers in the door and than pulling this stunt is not only unethical but shameful!
And its against the law!!

landphil
11-01-2015, 09:42 AM
If you are still wanting a ram or two, try AutoGirl here on the site. Don't forget to mention you are and HBC member.

Ambush
11-01-2015, 09:45 AM
"...pulling this stunt is not only unethical but shameful!"

Not to mention, clearly against the rules. Hopefully you snapped a picture of the window sheet and of the VIN. If you want that truck, you should be able to force a sale for that price.

Contact Chrysler Canada and also the Auto Dealers Association. Either one or maybe both will address the problem.

Blainer
11-01-2015, 09:45 AM
Be done with the salesman and ask for Sales Manager.
You may want to copy prices from website, forward to BBB with note and copy SM at Langley Chrysler
There is another dealership a block up the road, they may match posted prices.

notyalc
11-01-2015, 09:46 AM
Ya go through autogirl. She's at the Go dodge in Surrey and she's great to deal with.

Gun Dog
11-01-2015, 09:46 AM
It sucks getting jerked around when you find the truck you want. I've bought several cars and trucks from Langley Chrysler (but nothing new in the last 10 years). Most salesmen are untrustworthy and I only dealt with the lease manager (Blair) who just gives me his best price and that's it.

All unsold vehicles are in a pool available to ALL the dealers so go next door to Willowbrook Chrysler and see what they can do.

RINO
11-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Prices go Down not Up on existing Stock...:mad:

Big Hoss
11-01-2015, 10:08 AM
He never said which dealer ship just at a Langley Chrysler Dealership

ryanb
11-01-2015, 10:19 AM
This seems really odd. What model of ram? And what was the price on the sticker? My buying experience at A certain langley Chrysler dealership on my ram was straightforward and positive.

campking
11-01-2015, 10:24 AM
Big Hoss is correct

I did not say which Langley dealership as I sent an email to the owner this morning and was going to wait for his response but it was Langley Chrysler.

As we were leaving I mentioned to the salesman they should either takedown or update their listings he told me the manager was taking care of that right away, well it is still up on the site,
it is a 2015 black 1500 ram with a lift kit listed for 62,660.00 which they would not honour nor on a similar truck on the lot.

300H&H
11-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Years ago in the local paper was a ad at the Chev dealer for new trucks.
So I took the ad and went down to see the trucks, I had full intentions of buying one.
Went in the door and a guy was standing there...I walked up to the front desk and asked to see a salesman.
The girl said one is standing by the door (same guy I walked by) and called him over.
I showed him the ad and ask to see those trucks.
He said they did not have any, then I asked to see a comparable truck, he said they had none.
I turned and walked out the door passing many trucks similar to the ad.
Went over to the Ford dealer and had a new truck within 2 hours.
I WILL NEVER SHOP A DON FOLK CHEVOLDS IN KELOWNA !
Ford will always have my business now.

.300WSMImpact!
11-01-2015, 10:42 AM
Years ago in the local paper was a ad at the Chev dealer for new trucks.
So I took the ad and went down to see the trucks, I had full intentions of buying one.
Went in the door and a guy was standing there...I walked up to the front desk and asked to see a salesman.
The girl said one is standing by the door (same guy I walked by) and called him over.
I showed him the ad and ask to see those trucks.
He said they did not have any, then I asked to see a comparable truck, he said they had none.
I turned and walked out the door passing many trucks similar to the ad.
Went over to the Ford dealer and had a new truck within 2 hours.
I WILL NEVER SHOP A DON FOLK CHEVOLDS IN KELOWNA !
Ford will always have my business now.

new management, new owners, I am sure it will get better

Auto Girl
11-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Thank you for your phone call this morning and to the members that said to contact me. much appreciated.

First....sorry for your bad experience at the Langley dealership.

I will do everything in my power to make sure you have a pleasant one with us. Anyone that has dealt with me knows I will not play games with my customers.

On my way to work right now. And I will send you info as promised when I get to work.

Tiffy

Husky7mm
11-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Yep, call or email the VSA, Vehicle Sales Authority. They have lots of clout over dealerships/ salesmen licensing and have given clear guidelines on advertising perimeters. I would be nice if everyone played fair.

300H&H
11-01-2015, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=.300WSMImpact!;1706630]new management, new owners, I am sure it will get better[/QUOT

It only takes one bad meal and I would not go back to a restaurant again.

Elkhound
11-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Lol...... way to go campking.

Now my wife is ticked off at the way you were treated. She hates it when customers are getting shafted by sales people. She was at Jim Pattison for 3 years dealing with this crap and other sales staff. Now that she is a Go Dodge even I bought a new Ram 1500 from her in Aug. Not to mention that on top of the regular warranty, Go Dodge gives every customer a lifetime warranty on the engine of whatever vehicle they purchase. New or used.

I hope Tiff can help you out on this one. Good luck and happy hunting.

Big Lew
11-01-2015, 12:34 PM
I had a similar experience with the Nissan dealership on South West Marine Drive in 2005.
I looked up their site with my computer and found, what was then rare, a new 2005 grey
Frontier Nismo for sale at an attractive price. As I was working very close to there, I went in
right away and approached a salesman with the information. Sure enough, the truck was there,
and the salesman took me into his manager's office to do the deal. The manager said right away,
after looking at the sale posted on his site, that he wouldn't honour it. I told him in a few choice
words what I thought of his attitude, got in touch with the regional rep, and then went to another
dealership in Langley which also offered the same deal. Bought a truck on speck, and even though
they had a difficult time getting it to me (had to bring one in from Whitehorse) they honoured the
deal. I didn't hear back from the rep until after I bought the truck from Jonkers, and even then,
the rep said there wasn't much he could do as the original truck was sold and there wasn't any more
available in Canada until new shipments came in. In hindsight I should have tried to have that
Marine Drive dealership charged.

dougan
11-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Big Hoss is correct

I did not say which Langley dealership as I sent an email to the owner this morning and was going to wait for his response but it was Langley Chrysler.

As we were leaving I mentioned to the salesman they should either takedown or update their listings he told me the manager was taking care of that right away, well it is still up on the site,
it is a 2015 black 1500 ram with a lift kit listed for 62,660.00 which they would not honour nor on a similar truck on the lot.
62 k for a half ton pickup "barf" that is insane"

yamadirt 426
11-01-2015, 12:46 PM

Thats what I was thinking. I thought they were 20 g lol

Surrey Boy
11-01-2015, 01:14 PM

Financing math makes it go away. I hear Dodge is developing the "Never Ever Plan" where every time you buy a new truck the payments get reduced. By the time you retire, your truck will be free!

ryanonthevedder
11-01-2015, 01:18 PM
If you want to swim with sharks you need to be a shark! Get your game face on when you go to a dealership. If the sales person is polite and professional then you should reciprocate. If things get a little sour then you get to have some fun, but NEVER loose your cool. Some are trained to put you off your game in order to get a signature, but you know better. The price just went up? take the salesman by the hand and snp some pics of the trucks w/ prices as suggested. Take a screen shot of the web prices. Watch as the salesman begins to panic. Ask for the contact info for BBB. Make an offer on the vehicle, and if its not accepted slowly and deliberately begin to pack up and leave. Haggling can be a lot of fun. Think of the deal like a nice buck. You are willing to work hard, maintain your cool, and in the end you kill the buck. Did you worry about the bucks feelings? Nope, you pulled the trigger like a pro!

Surrey Boy
11-01-2015, 01:24 PM
^^^ Good post.

The dealerships started the cutthroat sleazy game. But if you want to win the game, you have to play it.

Tron
11-01-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm a tech at Okanagan dodge in kelowna. If you'd still interested I can set you up with a good salesman

keoke
11-01-2015, 02:47 PM

Thats right after you drive off the lot.

adriaticum
11-01-2015, 04:15 PM
walk away!

srupp
11-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Hmm the salesman did you a favor. .62k for .50 ton..yikes.
But some sage advice offered. .
Steven

ultramafic
11-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Guessin its one of them new mini diesels... The prices on those things are just plain silly... might as well get a 3/4 or one ton if you are gonna pay that much... prob only a few grand more for a modestly equipped one.... perhaps I am working on a few year old intel though...

mike

Hmm the salesman did you a favor. .62k for .50 ton..yikes.
But some sage advice offered. .
Steven

campking
11-01-2015, 08:08 PM
I guess because it is Sunday the owner of the dealership did not get back to me regarding my concerns?

I agree with srupp a lot of money for a truck, both the trucks we were interested in had lift kits and 35s so that came at a premium.

happyhunter
11-01-2015, 08:50 PM

My guess is you got that idea after seeing an ad for a pickup for $19995*. Notice the *? Well that little * has big implications. Like money down, certain finance rates, etc. I'm betting the truck in the picture was a full load to boot. Dealships do all kinds of shady shit like that all the time. They deserve to be called out on it whenever possible

Cyrus
11-01-2015, 09:01 PM

not to mention in a year the trade in value will be half of that...

whitlers
11-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Sadly under contract law it is not actually illegal. The sticker in the window is considered an "invitation to treat" which means you may offer to pay the sticker price but its up to the salesmen to decide if he wants to accept that offer.

It is however misleading advertising covered by consumer law.

Either way shitty deal.

j270wsm
11-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Guessin its one of them new mini diesels... The prices on those things are just plain silly... might as well get a 3/4 or one ton if you are gonna pay that much... prob only a few grand more for a modestly equipped one.... perhaps I am working on a few year old intel though...

mike

Probably be the same price after you pay the luxury tax on the 1/2 ton

REMINGTON JIM
11-01-2015, 09:57 PM

YUP :-( Report them to the Motor Vehicle Sales Authority of BC www.vehiclesalesauthority.com 604-574-5050 RJ

Backwoods
11-03-2015, 08:38 AM
I've had nothing but issues with the dodge dealer in fort Saint John over a re-call on my half ton, I was literally going to purchase a new truck also and the way I was treated and spoken to was unbelievable, I had to go through Chrysler canada to light a fire under their ass as they deemed my truck VOR and wasn't going to fix the recall for 4 months!!!! After speaking with Chrysler canada I had my truck back in a week, because of this I well never deal with dodge in fsj again.

RadHimself
11-03-2015, 08:55 AM
You think thats bad... U should see the sh!t they pull at Vernon chrysler

huntcoop
11-03-2015, 10:32 AM

mike

You want sticker shock :lol: go to their website and look at some 2016 units, quite a few for $92,000 ++++ and the top dog is $101,055 :shock:

Fisher-Dude
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
You want sticker shock :lol: go to their website and look at some 2016 units, quite a few for $92,000 ++++ and the top dog is $101,055 :shock:

Those prices might mean more of this:

http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/michigan.jpg