PDA

View Full Version : Statement on hunting from MLA Doug Donaldson

Cordillera
10-29-2015, 09:01 PM
People may be interested in this statement in the legislature last week from our local MLA.

http://dougdonaldson.ca/victoria/detail/dougs_2_minute_statement_on_hunting_in_northwest_b .c

Salty
10-29-2015, 09:07 PM
He had me until he tried to add the GO situation as is as a positive thing about hunting

Dougielightning
10-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Well said in two minutes, that was great!!!! Even the guide outfitter/provinces relationship is a important one. Think he did a solid job, with a well thought out, spoken adress !!!!

rgn5hunt
10-29-2015, 09:35 PM
I think he talks out of both sides of his mouth and sits on the fence. 90% 10%

CHEAM
10-29-2015, 09:46 PM
That is what we need!! More people speaking out FOR us. And by us I also include outfitters. United we can stand or divided we can fall.

adriaticum
10-29-2015, 09:51 PM
amen.
Somebody shake that man's hand.

Salty
HTF can you be united when one party is stealing from the other?

Blacktail 270
I liked the speech. Well done

two-feet
10-29-2015, 10:19 PM
well i have written 2 letters to him re: hunting allocations. Never did get a response. But I am glad to see he is speaking out in defense of hunters and hunting, we need this! Even if he is supportive of the guiding industry.

Bugle M In
10-30-2015, 12:40 AM
better than most...
at least it is in support of hunting and science based facts to uphold those rights for hunters and wildlife.

Fisher-Dude
10-30-2015, 06:31 AM
He trumpeted the non-res estimation of $120 million, but decided to leave out the resident contribution of $230 million. That would have bolstered his case. NDP misses the good stuff all the time.

Now, what does he pledge to do to enhance our traditions? Is he willing to work for us, as we hired him to, and build wildlife populations with proper funding and science-based decision making, or does it stop at a 2 minute speech?

Bugle M In
10-30-2015, 11:44 AM
He trumpeted the non-res estimation of $120 million, but decided to leave out the resident contribution of $230 million. That would have bolstered his case. NDP misses the good stuff all the time.

Now, what does he pledge to do to enhance our traditions? Is he willing to work for us, as we hired him to, and build wildlife populations with proper funding and science-based decision making, or does it stop at a 2 minute speech?

true, what he says, and what he will do, could be 2 different things.

argyle1
10-30-2015, 12:14 PM
If you believe that his party is pro hunting, or that he won't toe the party line, then I would like to sell you some sea shore property in Alberta

Bugle M In
10-30-2015, 03:47 PM
If you believe that his party is pro hunting, or that he won't toe the party line, then I would like to sell you some sea shore property in Alberta
that's the problem with politics..
they always have to tow the party line, they can never speak up on an individual basis.
And than, statements like DD's just become that ....words.
Until they reform the whole political system, yada yada yada etc, it will never matter who you vote for.
Or, it will take an individual who's just got balls, male or female, that don't give to shits what they are told they should do,
They just do what is right...
Good luck though.

alcesgigantes
10-30-2015, 04:28 PM
Having an elected representative stand up in the legislature and defend hunting and wildlife conservation is huge. Kudos to Doug. His last sentence is especially important: "If we take care of the animal populations based on science, put the right amount of government resources into conservation, and ensure the land and water is properly taken care of, then hunting will be a sustainable activity for generations to come".

Cordillera
10-31-2015, 06:32 PM
Since he is my MLA I am pleased to see his stance. An MLA is rarely given the chance to speak and they can talk on any topic they choose. He chose this topic, which speaks to his priorities, and I think he covered a lot of ground in a short time. He comes from the Hazletons and given how huge and rural his riding is, I think he has witnessed first hand how important hunting is to a lot of people. I say thanks!