PDA

View Full Version : Atv licence plates Nov. 1st.

Hunterguy
10-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Good luck fellow hunters hopefully everyone will be legal?

Goose
10-30-2015, 06:53 AM
Got it 2 days ago, easier than I thought it would be. Now as for insurance, what does everyone recommend? Which company and which options?

M.Dean
10-30-2015, 07:31 AM
Good luck fellow hunters hopefully everyone will be legal? Oh Sure, another thread pointing the finger at me cuz I don't got no plate for my quad yet! I'll get it, lets not get your knickers in a bloody twist here worry'in about me!!! So, Nov 1st ehhh??? When's that???

russm86
10-30-2015, 07:37 AM
Got mine 6 months ago when it was originally supposed to come into effect....

Xenomorph
10-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Got it 2 days ago, easier than I thought it would be. Now as for insurance, what does everyone recommend? Which company and which options?

Check with BCWF, we get special rates from the provider I think.

Iron Glove
10-30-2015, 08:50 AM

I've been using Oasis for years, good people, possibly the broadest policy.
Liability only $75 per ATV on my 3. Mention your BCWF membership for a discount.
Whoever you choose to use, make sure you are getting coverage that covers your actual usage.

huntcoop
10-30-2015, 09:02 AM
I've been using Oasis for years, good people, possibly the broadest policy.
Liability only $75 per ATV on my 3. Mention your BCWF membership for a discount.
Whoever you choose to use, make sure you are getting coverage that covers your actual usage.

What he says, listen to IG when it comes to insurance needs, he knows. If you happen to be reading the hockey thread, he usually spews heavy dribble :smile:

RadHimself
10-30-2015, 10:01 AM
i'll be riding plateless

good luck stopping me

Iron Glove
10-30-2015, 10:04 AM
What he says, listen to IG when it comes to insurance needs, he knows. If you happen to be reading the hockey thread, he usually spews heavy dribble :smile:

HABS suck, Wings suck, Leafs suck, how's that fer ya?
I know nothing about Insurance, I just pretend like Fisher Dude on the Hockey threads. :)

Glassman
10-30-2015, 10:19 AM
If motorbikes and quads need to get licensed, then pedal bikes and skateboards should also have to get licensed and insured. What's good for one should be good for all. I got hit in the shins from a little kids skateboard so somebody should have to pay for that.
Oh, and also little old ladies that walk their little ankle biter dogs should also have to get their leash and dog licensed and insured. Some people have dog licenses but there should be city bylaw officers that should walk around city streets and enforce it. If caught with no license then the dog, leash, pedal bike, skateboard etc..... should be impounded and fined.
I want action dam it!!! We need more police and bylaw officers. And more rules dam it. Way more rules. What this province needs is more rules, regulations and laws.
And no more having fun out in the woods. It should be against the law to have fun out in the woods. If not against the law, then at least "having fun" should be licensed. And the "fun" money should be used to promote kids to become fat and lazy and sit around the house and play video games. No fresh air for people, especially kids.

SPEYMAN
10-30-2015, 11:23 AM
Why do you think all these "rules" have been implemented? It's because some individuals will not use common sense and operate their ORVs in a sensible manner. Most likely the same asshats that drive their automobiles like fools, shoot in an area and a manner that jeopardize others, do the things that annoy other people. If you don't like the rules that apply to ORVs, then don't buy one.

Xenomorph
10-30-2015, 11:40 AM
Why do you think all these "rules" have been implemented? It's because some individuals will not use common sense and operate their ORVs in a sensible manner. Most likely the same asshats that drive their automobiles like fools, shoot in an area and a manner that jeopardize others, do the things that annoy other people. If you don't like the rules that apply to ORVs, then don't buy one.

+1 Gambier used to be a hunter friendly ground until wise people like that started shooting and gutting everything in between houses, close to kids. Good luck finding a good place now.

Drillbit
10-30-2015, 12:15 PM
If motorbikes and quads need to get licensed, then pedal bikes and skateboards should also have to get licensed and insured. What's good for one should be good for all. I got hit in the shins from a little kids skateboard so somebody should have to pay for that.
Oh, and also little old ladies that walk their little ankle biter dogs should also have to get their leash and dog licensed and insured. Some people have dog licenses but there should be city bylaw officers that should walk around city streets and enforce it. If caught with no license then the dog, leash, pedal bike, skateboard etc..... should be impounded and fined.
I want action dam it!!! We need more police and bylaw officers. And more rules dam it. Way more rules. What this province needs is more rules, regulations and laws.
And no more having fun out in the woods. It should be against the law to have fun out in the woods. If not against the law, then at least "having fun" should be licensed. And the "fun" money should be used to promote kids to become fat and lazy and sit around the house and play video games. No fresh air for people, especially kids.

Amen.

Pretty pathetic that a few idiots actions cause more regulations for the average guy.
And guess what. The same few idiots, plate or no plate, will be doing the same things after Nov 1.

There is no way putting a plate on anything can change anything.

Just like registering cars, boats, ski-doo's or guns. They still get stolen and misused. Registration didn't solve anything.

Fozzie
10-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Got mine about 6 months ago when they were first supposed to be implemented. Didn't cost me a dime but the trade-off was I handed in my Miner's Permit Plate.

Glenny
10-30-2015, 01:07 PM
haha listening to kamloops radio today. Angelo reporting helmets and seat belts are now mandatory on all ORVs. Should be fun strapping yourself to a quad, lol

DANOSON
10-30-2015, 01:43 PM
Thats a good one but I doubt any truth to it as you would have to put seatbelts on motorcycles. It aint happening.

ACE
10-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Got mine about 6 months ago when they were first supposed to be implemented. Didn't cost me a dime but the trade-off was I handed in my Miner's Permit Plate.

Why did you trade your 'X Restricted' plate for the 'Off Road Vehicle' plate ..... ?
Not prospecting/mining anymore ..... ?

LUCKY
10-30-2015, 02:54 PM
Done today.
Most Fish and game club memberships will get you a discount on the 3rd party insurance. (just mention it, they did not need my card number)
Was $110 for million in 3rd party... With discount $89.00.

Registration/ plate plus min. required insurance 200k loading/ unloading and crossing road = $95.00. Added the million liability.

There is great information in easy to understand terms on BCWF site if you are unclear.

Wagonmaster
10-30-2015, 04:02 PM
ORV licence not needed for private roads. Hmm. That would mean no plate required for using an ORV on most of the south island.

srupp
10-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Hmmm plate is now on my quad..used 1/8 inch aluminum plate cut to the dimensions of the plate...as a backer.hung with rubber covered correct hangers..
Using my BCWF insurance because it only gets used for hunting.
Tried to get RCMP letter of authorization to be on our street when plowing our driveway..no go..not in town?
Srupp

squamishhunter
10-30-2015, 05:35 PM
Nope. I'll take the ticket.

chinooker
10-30-2015, 06:18 PM
And the new rules will have just as much effect on the (asshats) as the long gun registry did on gun crime!

goatdancer
10-30-2015, 06:28 PM
Hmmm plate is now on my quad..used 1/8 inch aluminum plate cut to the dimensions of the plate...as a backer.hung with rubber covered correct hangers..
Using my BCWF insurance because it only gets used for hunting.
Tried to get RCMP letter of authorization to be on our street when plowing our driveway..no go..not in town?
Srupp

This will get interesting this winter. We have a couple of guys who run around cleaning driveways in the neighbourhood. I'll have to ask them if they are aware of insurance requirement.

M.Dean
10-30-2015, 06:41 PM
Did the idiots that brought this new "Money Grab" into effect hire 5 or 6 hundred more Cops or CO's to enforce it??? I'd rather see CO's stopping the ever increasing poaching problems were having than chasing down some 60 year old hunter who doesn't have a God Dam plate! The government comes after us, the honest taxpayers of this Country, you wann'a know why? Because were so dam honest they "Know" we'll open our wallets again and again, no matter how stupid there new little laws are!!! How many "F's" in Revolution"???

300H&H
10-30-2015, 06:42 PM
I was told this week when I went in to insure my quad that ONLY the plates were available (in another thread I quoted by the ICBC agent that the sticker could be purchased).
Then she informed me that a plate could be exchanged for a sticker.
There are special requirements to display the sticker but she did not know them. :-?
All she could say was that it was to be on the "left" side of the quad and I should contact the COs.

300H&H
10-30-2015, 06:43 PM
Nope. I'll take the ticket.

The chance of getting caught is slim but $45 to register is less than a fine.

tigrr
10-30-2015, 07:35 PM
The plate charges go directly to the slush fund for every top three execs in the municipalities to stay in an upgraded room in Banff. Haven't you heard.
Not getting one here either. What's next garden tractors and lawnmowers.
The term over government comes to mind in these cases.

Murder
10-30-2015, 11:32 PM
Done today.
Most Fish and game club memberships will get you a discount on the 3rd party insurance. (just mention it, they did not need my card number)
Was $110 for million in 3rd party... With discount $89.00.

Registration/ plate plus min. required insurance 200k loading/ unloading and crossing road = $95.00. Added the million liability.

There is great information in easy to understand terms on BCWF site if you are unclear.

I must admit I opted out of the load/unload fun tax......uhhh yah **** that

hunter1947
10-31-2015, 04:16 AM
I know a local cop and he said to me that he is being given the run around trying to register his quad he had bought brand new a few years ago he said that he lost his registration papers Service Canada is giving him the run around he said its another cash grab from the government not to happy...

bang flop
10-31-2015, 06:36 AM
It is a cash grab. Boats are next, just like the states... renewal registration fees every year. Also makes sure people properly transfer all their expensive new toys to their own name and pay tax every time it changes hands.

It is how it is, I don't like it, but don't have time or energy to fight it. I also don't want to deal with the hassle after being checked for vehicle plate/registration.

It's sad, but if you don't like it sell all your registerable toys...

.308SLAYER
10-31-2015, 07:19 AM
Ill be getting on my atv cause i hunt on it and dont need any hassle but my cr250 thats a whole diff story

wiggy
10-31-2015, 08:36 AM
Yes it's all crap. The plate fees and liability aren't that bad. It's still the theft insurance that costs more
was told by my insurance company that it's not covered on my house policy
so I have to pay to protect all my toys. Sleds quads motor bikes motor boats separately
my insurance bills are my biggest yearly expense. Ridiculous

takla1
10-31-2015, 10:12 AM
Gov. loves the extra income..User pay has allowed them to access revenue streams like never before.Unfortunetely it leaves less money for middle-class consumption hence the failing economy.We've had near zero % interest rates for 7 yrs and they still cant jump start the economy.
Oh well,get i'll just have to spend less ...no ATV for me

Iron Glove
10-31-2015, 10:31 AM
It is a cash grab. Boats are next, just like the states... renewal registration fees every year. Also makes sure people properly transfer all their expensive new toys to their own name and pay tax every time it changes hands.

It is how it is, I don't like it, but don't have time or energy to fight it. I also don't want to deal with the hassle after being checked for vehicle plate/registration.

It's sad, but if you don't like it sell all your registerable toys...

Boats might be a bit more difficult for the Province to invoke "renewal registration fees every year" as the registration is actually Federal, not Provincial. Most things related to vessels are Federal. Probably will be mandatory vessel insurance in the future tho', that's been talked about for years.

Wagonmaster
10-31-2015, 11:00 AM
If you hunt on the south Island, keep in mind that you will be riding on private roads and will therefore not require an ORV plate.

bang flop
10-31-2015, 05:38 PM
Boats might be a bit more difficult for the Province to invoke "renewal registration fees every year" as the registration is actually Federal, not Provincial. Most things related to vessels are Federal. Probably will be mandatory vessel insurance in the future tho', that's been talked about for years.

True it is federal, but all new boats come with a provincially registered number... boats use to have "k" numbers... now you get a "BC" number on your boat... just like the states... can always spot a yank on the water... and now albertans

Dannybuoy
10-31-2015, 09:48 PM
True it is federal, but all new boats come with a provincially registered number... boats use to have "k" numbers... now you get a "BC" number on your boat... just like the states... can always spot a yank on the water... and now albertans
Albertans are "H" if I recall ...