PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Moose blood on Interior!

lucky1
10-26-2015, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,
I had moose blood leak into the interior of my vehicle. The smell is POWERFUL! Has anyone found a way to get the smell out? I'm going to try natures miracle pet odor remover today. I heard bleach works well for tarps but i dont think its safe for interiors. Any help is greatly appreciated.

cmarrie
10-26-2015, 11:00 AM
hydrogen peroxide works on carpe, might work on interior of vehicles...

srupp
10-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Go to local hospital laundry dept.buy a bottle of enzyme blood remover.size of a can of pepsi slightly bigger.use in abundance .I used it daily for years on my shirts...works..still may have a bottle iicking around?
Steven

MB_Boy
10-26-2015, 11:09 AM
I had sloppy melted ice leak out of a cooler with a bunch of fish in it a few years back. Chinook salmon has a strong odour!!

I made up a very concentrated solution using Oxy Clean, Borax (good scent remover), water and I did add a bit of white vinegar too. Scrubbed and cleaned the carpet in the back of the truck and let it air dry with the windows and hatch open. Once dry I seem to recall I used one of those extra strength powdered carpet cleaners, they are meant to remove odours. Put on a very liberal coating over the affected area and left it for 24 hours before vacuuming it out. After that I used an extra strength Febreeze a few times....let it dry and reapply if necessary.

One thing you may want to try before the Oxy solution noted above if it's in the carpet is buy some Folex to do a harsh pre-scrubbing and then follow up with Oxy. Folex is a crazy good carpet cleaner that you can get at most grocery stores or somewhere like London Drugs. It works VERY, VERY well. It's in a nondescript looking white spray bottle with green writing on it.

takla1
10-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Go to local hospital laundry dept.buy a bottle of enzyme blood remover.size of a can of pepsi slightly bigger.use in abundance .I used it daily for years on my shirts...works..still may have a bottle iicking around?
Steven
agree that product works well..and bleach..one fall my sister in law pissed me of so I stuck a severed moose bell dulap under her seat in her car for a few dayys for payback..it leaked!

takla

Bugle M In
10-26-2015, 11:47 AM
hydrogen peroxide if you can't find what Srupp said.

Wile E
10-26-2015, 11:51 AM
I'd try Dawn liquid detergent. Not Sunlight, not no-name, Dawn. That sh!t works on everything.

Walking Buffalo
10-26-2015, 12:10 PM
1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. 1/4 cup Baking Soda. 1 teaspoon liquid soap

The best odor killer recipe.....

remember this one for when the dog gets skunked....

wideopenthrottle
10-26-2015, 12:13 PM
1 quart 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. 1/4 cup Baking Soda. 1 teaspoon liquid soap

The best odor killer recipe.....

remember this one for when the dog gets skunked....
x2 (works for cats too!) yes my cat attacked a skunk

goatdancer
10-26-2015, 06:27 PM
x2 (works for cats too!) yes my cat attacked a skunk

That cat is either stupid or psycho.........

IslandBC
10-26-2015, 07:49 PM
I heard baking soda and vinegar works great...

wiggy
10-26-2015, 09:02 PM
Clean it up with dawn then take a date out with lots of perfume. If you play your cards right your truck will smell like perfume forever

wideopenthrottle
10-27-2015, 10:01 AM
That cat is either stupid or psycho.........

marley (full name was Bob-cat Marley) was a little of both...used to sit and wait on the front wall for dogwalkers to come by and attack the dogs..he was killed by a coyote in the neighbor's yard across the street a few years ago...apparently coyotes are not as easily intimidated by cats as some dogs...he did weigh 17 lbs and wasn't fat...he was mean to all other animals (he even messed with raccoons) but gentle with people..he would come when you called and you could pat him hard like a dog

lucky1
10-27-2015, 10:38 AM
Tried "Natures miracle" yesterday. It seemed to take the sent down right away, but creeped back in by evening. I'm going to try the hydrogen peroxide mixture next and I'll post the results.

MB_Boy
10-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Lucky1.....be sure to let the vehicle air out with the windows open. When I had salmon sludge in my truck after the second day of cleaning I left windows open to air out as much as possible and it seemed to help too.

deer nut
10-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Bask in the sweet smell of your success! Many of us would love to have that problem! ;)

sawmill
10-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Bask in the sweet smell of your success! Many of us would love to have that problem! ;)
Yup, man up.I brought a deer home yesterday in the back of my Ford Expedition.Smells great.My dogs love it and I don`t want the wife riding with me anyway.