PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter Residing in the GVRD looking 4 hunting partners, mentors, guidance, etc.

5HORTY
10-26-2015, 12:09 AM
Good Evening Everyone,

I am a fairly new and green hunter. I have been out last year and this year for a week each time around Thanksgiving. Both times I was in the same area in 3-31 with a friend. We seen lots of Does and fawn and a few spikes. We followed lots of tracks and found lots of droppings in various states (Very dark and glossy to very faded and dry and dull). Found multiple areas of heavy traffic and areas that appeared to be bedding areas. We were able to harvest our fair share of grouse and enjoy them on the hunts!

Now what I am looking for is someone or several people or groups that I could join to learn from and seek wisdom and guidance from as I never had anyone to learn from or show me the ropes. Hunting has always been a passion that I have been curious about but never had the time to fully commit and pursue. My son is at the age where he is curious and I would like to gain the knowledge and experience that I could confidently take him out one day and pass down the wisdom that I have gained onto him.

My son has been taught gun etiquette and to respect his firearms and the responsibilities that come with them. He has also been taught to respect all life and that we only harvest for sustenance and not for pleasure. He already has a .177 as well as a .22. He also has quite the shot already!!!

I am willing to travel and have a flexible schedule. I am willing to go on a day, weekend, or week long trips. I reside in Surrey (please don't hold that against me) but more than willing to travel obviously!

I am looking to learn more about Deer, Moose, Caribou, and Elk.

I am also interested in trapping and all that encompasses it! I am very interested in beaver (I know of private property where there are nuisance beavers at work and the owner is always eager to get rid of them)!

I have a 4x4 pick up. Not afraid to rough it. I have a GPS with BC Backroads Maps (But wouldn't mind learning how to use a compass and a map). I have been using Hunt Buddy as well as google earth to help with terrain.

If there are any hunters out there looking for another partner or willing to take on a greenhorn and willing to share their wisdom I would be forever thankful!

If there are any new hunters looking for a partner to head out with and learn from one another. I am also open to this as well!!

Lastly, I am also very interested in building a log cabin / trappers shack. So if anyone is looking for some help, I'd be more than willing to work in exchange for knowledge!

If you have read through all this I thank you for your time and patience! Same goes for any knowledge, wisdom, experience you may be willing share!

Happy Hunting!

Justin

5HORTY
10-27-2015, 01:58 AM
Also looking to learn to confidently Field dress and quarter big game as well as butchering and processing it!

Thanks again!!