PDA

View Full Version : Best areas for a whitetail daytrip from the Lower Mainland?

czechsanchez
10-24-2015, 09:01 PM
This is my first year hunting bigger game and I'd like to get a whitetail doe before antlerless closes in regions 3 and 8

Are there any good spots to try that are accessible from the Lower Mainland?

Roadkill
10-24-2015, 09:10 PM
Seen some over the years cache creek,far and few

closest I can think for good day trip chance would be Princeton on.....

Coachman
10-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Logan lake turn off from the Coq.

ElectricDyck
10-24-2015, 09:42 PM
Sorry coachman took that tip from another hbc er yesterday...I think that tips getting out...2 cars every 300 yards...

Coachman
10-24-2015, 09:56 PM
You get what you pay for. Anything close enough for a day trip from the lower mainland on a weekend is going to be full of tbe tail end of the "any buck" gong show, mixed with tbe Whitetail doe marauders.

Wait for a weekday and get away from the road. If you are where you can see vehicles, your chance of seeing deer is proportionately reduced (most of the time) .

Lastcar
10-24-2015, 11:11 PM
Sorry coachman took that tip from another hbc er yesterday...I think that tips getting out...2 cars every 300 yards...

It's not that the tip is getting out...it's that it was never kept in. Whoever gave it to you as a tip, mislabeled their offering.

"Hey, I'll tell you where lots of folks look and sometimes find WT" would be a better way to have put it.

But they are there. Passed on smaller doe a couple weekends ago. People are dropping whitetails. But not from the road too often would be my guess.

270ruger
10-25-2015, 05:24 AM
Wherever you go to stay off the roads go couple hundred yards in,already got doe and buck by doing this,guys who drove by couldn't believe my luck, lol