PDA

View Full Version : Go with your gut...

bucka
10-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Started off last week with an inkling directing me to the woods. I was battling a wicked flu all of the better part of last week tho so I made the decision to get rested up and feel better before I head out anywhere. The weekend came and I was feeling a bit better but with a court date set in Coquitlam for Monday afternoon looming, I figured I'd be best to plan the trip for later in the week or for the following weekend. Monday comes and with a positive outcome in court that afternoon and I figured I'd just head home and plan out my trip. I didn't get to 5pm that evening until I just got up from sitting on the couch, looked over to the wife and said, "Hunny, ***kit, I'm going hunting tonight!" She was like "Okay???, good luck?." so I packed up what I've already packed up and stuffed whatever I had into the Avalanche, and with a nod and a wave I was outta here. Made Princeton by 10pm, settled into the cabin and poured myself a couple of stiff ones and hit the hay around midnight. Next morning, 5:45 and last day of Elk season, I figured what the heck, it's the last day and I'd go for a hail mary in my usual spots in hopes of cancelling a tag. Nope, not a sign. 9:30am now and I head over to another spot I hit up every once in a while. I park the Av and head up a slash where Ive seen game before. Hey look, a deer. It's a buck. It's a 3, no, a ffffour?, meh, whatever, it's a buck. I put the 'ol .270 on him as he trots away from me. 150 yds and just as he's about to slip away into the tree line to disappear, I throw him a "Whhooo!!'. He stops, goes right broadside, and Kapowww!!! Dropped him like a sack of bones right in his tracks. It was a four. Loaded 'im in the truck and had myself an pretty good day. Just gotta go with your gut...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c109/HBC/IMG_8086_zpsaf01apii.jpg (http://s26.photobucket.com/user/HBC/media/IMG_8086_zpsaf01apii.jpg.html)

~T-BONE~
10-24-2015, 11:29 AM
Gotta like it! Starting to get thick, but should still eat great! Nice work!

lovemywinchester
10-24-2015, 11:50 AM
Great story and nice buck. You had me at "a couple of stiff ones"!

Coachman
10-24-2015, 02:53 PM
Wow. Thats a big neck on that boy.

Nice job. Gut instincts have put more in my freezer than anything else.

RugDoctor
10-24-2015, 03:24 PM
Very nice!!!

nazarow
10-24-2015, 03:53 PM
Awesome buck. Thanks for sharing.

Gateholio
10-24-2015, 03:59 PM
Always go with your gut! :)

Foxtail
10-24-2015, 04:43 PM
Real nice buck. Perfect 4 point.

kennyj
10-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Nice buck!
kenny

M.Dean
10-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Now that's the way it's done! "Honey, ***k-it! I'm go'in Hunt'in, NOW!!! OK, what I want to see here is all you guys that have only been married for a year or so, wait till about 10:30 or 11:Oclock tonight, suddenly jump up from what ever your doing and scream this at your Wife! Now we'll see who the "Real" hunters are this site are! Oh ya, nice buck there Bucka!

Whonnock Boy
10-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Excellent. The bigger bucks are starting to show their faces again.

bucka
10-25-2015, 02:44 PM
Now that's the way it's done! "Honey, ***k-it! I'm go'in Hunt'in, NOW!!! OK, what I want to see here is all you guys that have only been married for a year or so, wait till about 10:30 or 11:Oclock tonight, suddenly jump up from what ever your doing and scream this at your Wife! Now we'll see who the "Real" hunters are this site are! Oh ya, nice buck there Bucka!

Priorities man!!! lol