PDA

View Full Version : Float Hunting On the East Pine

bruce44
10-23-2015, 02:05 AM
So I was wondering if anyone here has ever float hunted on the east pine river from the bridge all the way to Taylor? Are there any hairy areas around there. I will be using a little 2 person zodiac inflatable with no motor. How do you think it will take?

bruce44
10-23-2015, 06:43 PM
Bumping thread

suburbanpat
10-23-2015, 06:55 PM
All I've heard about the pine is that it gets shallow. New to the area but have just heard some stories. A few people have tipped as well. Depending on water levels it might get hairy.

tuffteddyb
10-23-2015, 07:14 PM
My uncle did it quite awhile ago. said it was it was scary ion quite a few spots and was REALLY hard too see anything.

bruce44
10-24-2015, 03:14 AM
My uncle did it quite awhile ago. said it was it was scary ion quite a few spots and was REALLY hard too see anything.

Im getting conflicting reports now. Ive heard the east pine was slow this time of year and some shallow spots but nothing major. Ive heard the murray was worse than the pine. Does anyone have any first hand account? Im just trying to prepare my raft.

vip_ruger
10-24-2015, 05:13 AM
From east pine to taylor is a peice of piss did it many times in a rubber boat if u can read a river its easy 1 1/2 to 2 day but take 3 or 4 and hunt the falts and the areas oppiste of the feilds
as far as the murray it is very low and can be a pain in the ass and lots of pushing the boat as well i have poked holes in the boat and had to walk out on the murray
hope this helps

bruce44
10-24-2015, 11:36 PM
From east pine to taylor is a peice of piss did it many times in a rubber boat if u can read a river its easy 1 1/2 to 2 day but take 3 or 4 and hunt the falts and the areas oppiste of the feilds
as far as the murray it is very low and can be a pain in the ass and lots of pushing the boat as well i have poked holes in the boat and had to walk out on the murray
hope this helps
Thatks for the infor cant wait to try a trip

leadpillproductions
10-25-2015, 08:31 AM
What do you mean falts?
hope this helps

northof49
10-26-2015, 10:00 AM
There are several farms and private land along the river benches.....may want to look at google and maps so you know where the private land is. Good luck with your hunt!

eric
10-26-2015, 01:08 PM
have floated the Pine a few times, nothing to it.
Have fun, and be safe.

Good luck