PDA

View Full Version : gun control

walks with deer
10-21-2015, 09:43 PM
A lot of fear gun control will come back..I say maas non compliance this time.

Sofa King
10-21-2015, 10:04 PM
I never complied the first time.

gutpile
10-21-2015, 10:34 PM
I can see them banning all hand guns all semi- auto , prohibited guns !

albravo2
10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
I prefer not to worry about stuff before it happens.

Bugle M In
10-21-2015, 11:39 PM
last 2 I bought were cash only!!!!!!!!!:)
and yup, waited til they did away with the registry.
I was never checked to see if any of my previous were registered, when out in the field...
so no more sign up for me...if it does happen.

Drillbit
10-21-2015, 11:51 PM
Same as boats, ski-doos, atvs, strap-ons, motorbikes........no enforcement, just a $grab.

Glenny
10-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Strap-ons? haha Is there a minimum barrel length on those?

Glenny
10-22-2015, 08:10 AM

Aussies got their pumps banned too.

10-22-2015, 08:23 AM
Only 30% of the estimated long guns in Canada were registered the first time. It's futile. Unfortunately, it's not about whether there is any efficacy to a registry, it's simply a political move to make it appear like the government is "doing something" about gun crime. Which BTW is already low in Canada, with licensed gun owners much less likely to be involved in homicide than the national average.

adriaticum
10-22-2015, 09:30 AM

Prohibited guns are already banned. lol

I don't think anything will happen.
We have a pretty strong group who represents gun owners right now that was strengthened by the Cons so I'm hoping that they will remain true.
But this is not the time to sit back and relax if you want to keep your gun rights.
Really, it's never time to sit back and relax.
Groups are constantly working on banning guns and hunting so we have to remain vigilant.

Foxton Gundogs
10-22-2015, 09:38 AM
So now is the time to write a couple of letters 1 to the BCWF PAA to stress the need for a pre-emptive plan against any new firearms restrictions. The second would be to email Bob Sopuck urging him to press the official opposition to keep the outdoor caucas in place as a committee to act as a watchdog in Ottawa to help protect hunters and firearm owners right against any new legislation restricting their rights.
robert.sopuck@parl.gc.ca

Glenny
10-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Prohibited guns are already banned. lol

I don't think anything will happen.
We have a pretty strong group who represents gun owners right now that was strengthened by the Cons so I'm hoping that they will remain true.
But this is not the time to sit back and relax if you want to keep your gun rights.
Really, it's never time to sit back and relax.
Groups are constantly working on banning guns and hunting so we have to remain vigilant.

Nothings gonna happen? I have brought it up a few times on this site. JT is planning on handing classification back to the RCMP. Semis will be the first thing to be classified from long guns to prohibited. But yes do not relax a bit.

adriaticum
10-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Nothings gonna happen? I have brought it up a few times on this site. JT is planning on handing classification back to the RCMP. Semis will be the first thing to be classified from long guns to prohibited. But yes do not relax a bit.

Sure you are right, but we have to see what part of it is election rhetoric to attract dummies and what part of it is what he really can do.
I am hoping that the gun lobby in Canada has matured and can protect our rights.

But I was reading an article recently that predicts that the NRA will fail it's just a matter of time.
Americans keep importing low skilled labour from undeveloped countries and legitimizing the illegitimate who tend to vote for the social programs, for gun control and other shit that the democrats serve them.
So as the number of American born Americans goes down and the number of welfare recipients increases things could be bad for the gun rights. Who knows.
But there is light on the horizon with new research.

Drillbit
10-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Strap-ons? haha Is there a minimum barrel length on those?

No, just a maximum!! haha

westnuck
10-22-2015, 11:57 AM
We have a pretty strong group who represents gun owners

They all voted conservative though. But we will see what Mr.Nice hair does.

Ohwildwon
10-22-2015, 06:35 PM
To hell with restrictions, I want a suppressor dam-it!

caddisguy
10-22-2015, 07:09 PM
I think the next time there is a media circus over a shooting in Canada (perhaps even one in the US if it stirs enough emotion) involving a semi-auto rifle, they will make a go of it. They'll go after the dreaded "assault" or "high powered" rifle. It's easier to get the brainwashed masses behind it versus handguns. Nobody considers handguns a threat, despite the fact the vast majority (98-99%) of firearm related homicides involve handguns and probably only 0.5% involve semi-auto rifles.

Apolonius
10-22-2015, 07:21 PM
My fear is Quebec and a couple of people that got elected for the Liberals in Ontario.Those guys are dangerous for the gun owners.Wait and see.....not sitting on our ass.All federations and outdoorsmen should start working the new MPs with emails and phone calls.Justin is smart...might just let the provinces do the dirty work for him.Somehow i believe the data might be still around.

randymac
10-22-2015, 07:32 PM
liberal platform clearly states their intentions, hopefully its all smoke and mirrors

https://www.liberal.ca/realchange/guns/

We will take action to get handguns and assault weapons off our streets.
Over the last decade, Stephen Harper has steadily weakened our gun laws in ways that make Canadians more vulnerable and communities more dangerous.
We will take pragmatic action to make it harder for criminals to get, and use, handguns and assault weapons. We will:

repeal changes made by Bill C-42 that allow restricted and prohibited weapons to be freely transported without a permit, and we will put decision-making about weapons restrictions back in the hands of police, not politicians;
provide $100 million each year to the provinces and territories to support guns and gangs police task forces to take illegal guns off our streets and reduce gang violence;
modify the membership of the Canadian Firearms Advisory Committee to include knowledgeable law enforcement officers, public health advocates, representatives from women’s groups, and members of the legal community;
require enhanced background checks for anyone seeking to purchase a handgun or other restricted firearm;
require purchasers of firearms to show a license when they buy a gun, and require all sellers of firearms to confirm that the license is valid before completing the sale;
require firearms vendors to keep records of all firearms inventory and sales to assist police in investigating firearms trafficking and other gun crimes;
immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper; and
as part of our investment in border infrastructure, invest in technologies to enhance our border guards’ ability to detect and halt illegal guns from the United States entering into Canada.

We will not create a new national long-gun registry to replace the one that has been dismantled.
We will ensure that Canada becomes a party to the international Arms Trade Treaty.

StuBrown
10-23-2015, 06:29 PM
This is a part that worries me.

- immediately implement the imported gun marking regulations that have been repeatedly delayed by Stephen Harper

It is estimated that this could cost an extra $300 to any brand new gun that is imported in Canada.

RadHimself
10-23-2015, 07:28 PM
the rcmp will make all the owners of 858's, Tavor's, galil's and any of the other "modded" semi-auto miltary rifles that are imported every year criminals for owning them....

these are military issue rifles, bought from the manufacturers in specialized batches so they they conform to canadian law at the time... 5 round clip, semi auto... yada yada... but the pigs dont like it