PDA

View Full Version : Heading to MU 7-9. to help my dad and my bro for a moose draw.

Taurusguy
10-21-2015, 02:08 PM
I leave tomorrow morning for PrinceGeorge to assist my dad and brother for their moose draw they won. We will be in region 7-9. Anyone ever been up that way? I have never been there. If anyone has any tips on that area I would be very greatful. No honey holes... Just whatever thoughts you can offer if ya know anything about it. Also I still got my deer tag.. Any deer up there?
Any bears? Thanks

Got skunked on my deer hunt with my wife and kids (wife who was just observing and 11yo sons first time out) but my son nailed his first grouse... I was a proud dad.. And he was sooo excited. Took him 7 opertunities to nail one though. Funny my son says to me after shooting at his first opppertunity "dad... Why am I shaking so much? This is nothing like shooting at pop cans" ... I say.. "Its buck fever son... You'll get better" so we head back to camp... He shoots at some more pop cans with his 22... No problem.. Hits them... Head back out... Gets more oppertunity to shoot grouse... Misses them... Shaking again... Had to tell him..go slow... Breath deep... Exhale and shoot. Finally on his 6th oppertunity he nails it...wife got a vid of it and him coming out of the bush with wings flappin.. Holding it by neck. Got it back to camp and taught him how to clean it (stand on wings pull legs) and did video of that too.. Hahaha was great.. Even hung it in the deer poll cus it was our only kill... Lol. He was proud to be the only successful shooter and can't wait to go again.