PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy Waterfowl loads by the case?

Lozzie
10-21-2015, 08:36 AM
Just wondering where I can get by the case pricing on waterfowl loads. I normally shoot Kents but I'm not all that loyal to any brand (usually the shooters fault more than the ammo). Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

10-21-2015, 08:38 AM
Otter Co-op when on sale .....

We used Score from WSS for the first time on a Sask goose hunt and were pleased with its performance.

boxhitch
10-21-2015, 09:14 AM
Alberta....

FirePower
10-21-2015, 09:37 AM
We used Score from WSS for the first time on a Sask goose hunt and were pleased with its performance.

We have been using them since they first came out, great price work well we have shot 3 or 4 cases with no problems.

lorneparker1
10-21-2015, 11:21 AM

My group went through 5 cases of score last year with pretty much zero issues and I have bought 3 cases this year. The only small issue I had is my Citori didn't like ejecting them. They would hang up a bit. My Browning silver had no problem with them and neither did any of my other shotguns or buddies shot guns.

Foxton Gundogs
10-21-2015, 01:47 PM
Exactly what CT, FP and LP1 said I have been using them #3 and BB since the start of last season, I like them

Dutch Ppoacher
10-21-2015, 08:10 PM
3x score ammo
watch seasonal fliers, picked up a case of winchester at cabelas for 100$ this yr. just to add to the pile!

bandit
10-22-2015, 08:12 AM
If you don't fancy Score there is another Canadian brand called Challenger made in QC. The only place I found that stocks them is Cabelas.

Havent bought any so can't vouch for them; Cabelas were unable to tell me a shipping price unless I actually placed an order and impatience got the better of me!

J-Man
10-22-2015, 09:50 AM
Just hunt with Bandit and borrow his shells, cheapest way to hunt.

Lozzie
10-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I should just try to find someone to hunt with that's such a bad shot that they hand me their shells and give up.lol

bandit
10-23-2015, 05:12 PM

I always bring a full box of shells and rarely need more than 8. Happy to give the rest away to a good cause Jman!

swamper
10-23-2015, 06:12 PM
Score from WSS. I have tried all the fancy shells, Blindside, Black, Remington Hypersonic, and have had my best luck with Score. The only problem is that WSS has a problem keeping them in stock. Next year I will buy 2 cases as soon as they get them in.

bganz
11-01-2015, 10:49 PM
If you don't fancy Score there is another Canadian brand called Challenger made in QC. The only place I found that stocks them is Cabelas.

Havent bought any so can't vouch for them; Cabelas were unable to tell me a shipping price unless I actually placed an order and impatience got the better of me!

I bought a case of challenger target loads the other day from Cabelas in Calgary for something close to $60, and had 4 shells jam ejecting from my benelli supernova on the first two boxes.. (I've never had a jam before). I haven't shot score yet but haven't heard a single negative thing about them.

stugatz
11-01-2015, 10:54 PM
Otter coop used to have sales on Winchester... but its been couple of years that they dont

ACB
11-02-2015, 05:38 PM

Challenger: Cambodia Tire sells them. Tried some Heavy Steel by Heavy Shot last week in Alberta $17-$18 a box worked fine on geese and ducks 1,550 fps.

Sako 75
11-02-2015, 08:41 PM
First time try Score shot gun shells this past weekend using 3" no #2 did quite well. Best part was I got Bandit to retrieved most ducks.:wink: Pick up 3 cases of Score from Wholesale Sport back in early October. Price was around $13.99 per box.

J-Man
11-03-2015, 05:39 PM
Did he get your band again this time too? finders keepers

32-40win
11-07-2015, 03:47 PM
Had a definite shortage of waterfowl rounds here in the last year and a bit. Basspro used to be the best in Calgary, but, they couldn't get stock worth krap over the last year. Other than them it was Crappy tire and Wholesale. I bought 3" 1-1/4oz Kents last yr at 19.00, this August was 21.00, now they are 26.00. Everything other than some old stock in most stores, on 3-1/2, is 29.95+ now---WWxperts, Heavy Steel, Kents, found some Feds at 24.95. New Cabela's were up there as well on that price. The only rounds under that price were the Score. Friend went thru 2 cases this yr, was happy with them. They were 21.95. If there is old stock around at present, grab it, you won't like the price increases on new stock.