PDA

View Full Version : East Kelowna

westnuck
10-20-2015, 01:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time lurker here and enjoy all the stories. I'm a new-ish hunter, Ive had my CORE and PAL for 3 years but have had minimal chances to get out (only 2 or 3 days in 3 years). I'm headed to East Kelowna this weekend (from LML) for 4 days to visit family. They happen to live less than 5 mins from where McCullough and Myra turn gravel. June Springs/ Little White fsr are also less than 5 Mins. I am bringing my rifle and going to head up the mountain. I always see deer in the orchards, vineyards and golf course around there, so they must be up the mountain too. I'm sure every other hunter will be out there too, but I love to hike, I enjoy getting off the path away from the roads. If you could tell me which stump the deer will be tied to, that would be great. LOL JK. Thanks any input is helpful.

Westnuck.

Fisher-Dude
10-20-2015, 02:39 PM
That's a busy area, for sure.

But, all those wanderers tend to push the deer around, which will benefit he who sits patiently behind that stump just off the beaten path and waits. ;)

Deer are most likely mid-elevation right now. When you hit the KVR (3900 ft) on either of those roads, you'll be "in the zone." Watch out for granola eco-freaks.

westnuck
10-20-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks Fisher Dude, Lots of Granolas up there for sure.

Majik
10-21-2015, 11:41 PM
You will have no problems finding deer running around up there. What we do is get just a little off the beaten track and walk. Literally, if you go up the mountain and walk 50 feet into the bush off the road you will see trails everywhere. Stay off the animal trails but follow along them and you will see deer and bear rolling around there. Good luck! There are a lot out there