PDA

View Full Version : sausage maker near Coquitlam/Mission corridor

jedimaster
10-19-2015, 11:31 AM
I was able to fill my Mule deer tag with the some area tips from one of our members. Thanks so much for the awesome weekend. Unfortunately they had to go home mid afternoon on Sunday and I tagged mine about 30 minutes after we parted ways. Bummer of it was there was another buck that could have been taken as well.
Anyway if anyone can point me in the direction of someone that can grind the cut offs and make some sausages in the area that would be awesome.

Shikari300WSM
10-19-2015, 11:54 AM
Congrats on the mulie. I'm.planning on filling mine this weekend or next hopefully.

Ron of mission meat shop is great. He's done all my deer so far. Best freakin pepperoni I've ever had. Yes a straight up guy and does a very good job 604-820-4257

bcsteve
10-19-2015, 11:56 AM
Dressed To Grill in Mission

jedimaster
10-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Both fully booked up... grr. Maybe I will just have to go buy a grinder and save it for later after the season. Didn't really want to buy a grinder though.

Xenomorph
10-19-2015, 12:40 PM
I make some wicked sausages. Well, my dad and I.

bcsteve
10-19-2015, 12:47 PM
Both fully booked up... grr. Maybe I will just have to go buy a grinder and save it for later after the season. Didn't really want to buy a grinder though.

Really!? Guess we got lucky, we dropped off our meat to Dressed to Grill on Saturday morning.

Shikari300WSM
10-19-2015, 01:22 PM
My uncle's use sumas meats and they like their stuff. Maybe try them

Xenomorph
10-19-2015, 01:40 PM
My uncle's use sumas meats and they like their stuff. Maybe try them

Brought my brother's elk last year and they messed up pretty bad. I ordered "all the tloin, steak cuts" and the off cuts make 1/2 sausage (breakfast, smokies) and 1/2 ground. Spoke to my brother when I left and he said no ground, just sausage, went back in and told them no ground, whatever off cuts are thrown in just make sausage.

End result was ALL SAUSAGE, I kid you not, no loins, tloin steaks ...just a couple roasts and the rest sausage. And he paid a ton for the processing. I'm sorry, I'm butchering my own from that moment on.

I am simply sharing an experience, personal, no bias, no special interests. I'm sure people had good experiences too, but word to the wise, make sure they understand what you want and make sure you open the box on spot. Even though, to be honest, on a screw up like that, what are they going to do, get you an elk?

Anyway. Good luck

Bugle M In
10-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Ron...as previous poster stated.....great sausage

Shikari300WSM
10-19-2015, 10:36 PM
Brought my brother's elk last year and they messed up pretty bad. I ordered "all the tloin, steak cuts" and the off cuts make 1/2 sausage (breakfast, smokies) and 1/2 ground. Spoke to my brother when I left and he said no ground, just sausage, went back in and told them no ground, whatever off cuts are thrown in just make sausage.

End result was ALL SAUSAGE, I kid you not, no loins, tloin steaks ...just a couple roasts and the rest sausage. And he paid a ton for the processing. I'm sorry, I'm butchering my own from that moment on.

I am simply sharing an experience, personal, no bias, no special interests. I'm sure people had good experiences too, but word to the wise, make sure they understand what you want and make sure you open the box on spot. Even though, to be honest, on a screw up like that, what are they going to do, get you an elk?

Anyway. Good luck

That's too bad man. Sorry to hear it. I've never used them so I can't say anything other then my uncle's haven't had any issues.

I got 50lbs of pepperoni sitting at Ron's place waiting to be picked up. Damn best pep around town

Xenomorph
10-20-2015, 12:19 AM
That's too bad man. Sorry to hear it. I've never used them so I can't say anything other then my uncle's haven't had any issues.

I got 50lbs of pepperoni sitting at Ron's place waiting to be picked up. Damn best pep around town

I always made my own sausages/steaks but he insisted on taking it to the PROS. Guess who's been butchering all game this year :)))

Elkaddict
10-20-2015, 08:28 PM
I just bag and freeze up the trim and take it in when things have calmed down. Never ground it first.

Taurusguy
10-21-2015, 01:52 PM
I second dressed to grill... They always take my kills.. And their meats are soo well done..