PDA

View Full Version : never trust your aunty to foster your hound

vortex hunter
10-19-2015, 08:48 AM
So long story short I had a beautiful black and tan hound worked him started him with drags and trainers he was showing ALOT of promise to me , my houndman mentor even thought so my pup was his lead dogs son . Well I went threw a divorce and needed someone to watch him while I found a place to live WELL my aunt who owned a walker offered to help . So as family I said sure thank you well she took my dog for me I found out two weeks into her fostering him SHE CUT HIS NUTS OFF :mad: I never asked her to or was going to myself . I was told she does not keep him in his dog run outside also she turned him into a house pet :shock: . It sucks cause now im out a great hunting buddy and alot of time I put into him for hunting . anyone ever have this happen or think I should be asking her to apologize but shes rich so she probably wont lol ............ miss my hound

houndogger
10-19-2015, 09:14 AM
Loosing his nutts won't affect his hunting in anyway if he has it in him. Best hound ever seen was also a house pet.

vortex hunter
10-19-2015, 09:30 AM
still she didnt have the right to nor did she ask me if I wanted that , she is also stating shes keeping him now also cause she likes him . yes a dog could be clipped but its not what I wanted nor asked for she was just supposed to be fostering him ....Vortex

houndogger
10-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Yes I fully agree with you. Awkward situation you have.

goatdancer
10-19-2015, 10:07 AM
She probably thought she was doing you a favour, you know, saving you money. As far as keeping him goes, if you got proof that he is yours, she can't just keep him. Good luck and stay calm.

Foxton Gundogs
10-19-2015, 10:49 AM
I lost a good spaniel, one of the last 2 surviving daughters of a certain CNFC. The SPCA was given photo and all the info including her tattoo #. Well she was found and turned in to the Pr. Geo. SPCA. They contacted me that they had her AFTER they spayed her. They then had the nerve to ask me to pay for it. I feel your pain brother.

Glenny
10-19-2015, 10:56 AM
Sue her!............

604redneck
10-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Depends how much you like your aunt. Ive abandoned relationships with my aunt and uncle as well as grandfather for alot less then that.

houndogger
10-19-2015, 01:33 PM
Drop a barn lion in the window then wait by the phone.

gamehunter6o
10-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Take a deep breath and size the situation up.
(1) Your rich aunt is very attached to the dog, so you have made her happy.
(2)All dogs are replaceable.
(3)You have just gone through a divorce and I would say need to get your head, finances and life style in order.
(4)This will all take dedication, time and money and what has happened with your dog cannot be reversed.
(5)Be kind to this rich aunt you have bought so much joy to. You may have unknowingly done yourself a favour.;)

horshur
10-19-2015, 05:08 PM
my best dog is fixed...most hounds should be fixed..really would not sweat it.....only reason most hound guys have unaltered dogs is they are just cheap......

vortex hunter
10-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Thanks everyone on the good words of the wise . Im gonna bite my tongue and just deal with my cards at hand . thanks vortex

pnbrock
10-20-2015, 07:34 PM
she is rich?sell her the dog!!!!!!

Everett
10-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Ask the dog what he prefer living in a drafty kennel with your poor ass:-P Or living in the house with a rich old cougar:-o

eaglesnester
10-21-2015, 08:30 AM
U can serve her with a small claims court writ and ask for the return of your pooch and damages for the nut job

Big Lew
10-21-2015, 08:44 AM
My current hunting dog is also a family pet. He was clipped but it didn't change
his enthusiasm to do his best, and if anything, it actually allowed for better training
response. His living with me allows for constant interaction and training which makes
for a better bonding and he's able to learn more words and communication then if he
were outside and in a kennel until training sessions. Only downside is his thinner coat
from living indoors puts him at a disadvantage when retrieving in freezing conditions.

Jagermeister
10-21-2015, 09:26 AM
I like the barn lion suggestion. Only thing is seeing the outcome.

The Hermit
10-21-2015, 10:32 AM
Are you in her will? LOL If so I'd just keep yer mouth shut and wait! ;-)

BimmerBob
10-21-2015, 11:02 AM
Are you in her will? LOL If so I'd just keep yer mouth shut and wait! ;-)

Maybe, but only if he cuts his nuts off... ;)

Squamch
10-24-2015, 06:33 AM
I went moose hunting one year and the first thing the wife said when we got back to civilization and called to check in was "you have to promise not to be mad."
I immediately started getting mad.
Turns out she's had my dog fixed. Neither the dog nor I really thought he was broken.

Iron Glove
10-24-2015, 09:04 AM
I went moose hunting one year and the first thing the wife said when we got back to civilization and called to check in was "you have to promise not to be mad."
I immediately started getting mad.
Turns out she's had my dog fixed. Neither the dog nor I really thought he was broken.

Few years ago wife said "I've had enough either you or Ripley lose your nuts."
Feeling a very uncomfortable sensation in my shorts I apologized to Ripley and off we went to the Vets.

vortex hunter
10-24-2015, 01:29 PM
well I just gave up and let the dog enjoy the rich aunts house but yeah might bring him a trainer to let her see him play lol