PDA

View Full Version : Anyone selling a Zodiac !!

r_haines
10-18-2015, 08:56 PM
if anyone is selling on message me im interested in getting one

tadpole
10-19-2015, 06:45 AM
Zodiac is just a name. What kind of inflatable you looking for? A RIB? Wooden floor or aluminium or maybe inflatable floor?
Older zodiac are hyppalon made but newer ones are PVC( heavy and not puncture resistant). What size you looking for?
What motor power allowance?
Achilles and Avon are vastly superior over zodiacs and Craig List Seattle has tonne of them.

Backwoods
10-19-2015, 08:40 AM
Get a zebec, I believe there is one on FSJnow classifieds in fort Saint John, there was a few to choose from, also take a look at alpaca pack rafts and pack 49 rafts really kool!!

srupp
10-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Hmm get an achilles...just sold mine.you can count on that brand..double sealed seams, wood floor, 3chambers, inflatable keel, hypalon material.
Srupp

Sofa King
10-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Zodiac is just a name. What kind of inflatable you looking for? A RIB? Wooden floor or aluminium or maybe inflatable floor?
Older zodiac are hyppalon made but newer ones are PVC( heavy and not puncture resistant). What size you looking for?
What motor power allowance?
Achilles and Avon are vastly superior over zodiacs and Craig List Seattle has tonne of them.

is that why the military chooses zodiac?

albravo2
10-19-2015, 12:13 PM
Military buys zodiac because they are spending your money, not theirs.

Check with one of the site sponsors, Inlet Marine. Chris is a really good guy and he can hook you up with a JP Marine boat. I sold mine last year but loved it.

Sofa King
10-19-2015, 12:43 PM
I've bought stuff from chris, awesome guy to deal with and a great, great store.

I just figured the military would want reliability and toughness foremost.
I have a MKII zodiac that I think is from the '70s and it's still going strong.

Xenomorph
10-19-2015, 02:08 PM
I've bought stuff from chris, awesome guy to deal with and a great, great store.

I just figured the military would want reliability and toughness foremost.
I have a MKII zodiac that I think is from the '70s and it's still going strong.

I think the Achilles and the Av are better for river, lake. Zodiac ribs are used by military for their open water capabilities. I think. IMHO, I'd get a fully caged suspension seat Zodiac over anything else for open water. I've been in SAR ones and you just fly over the big waves and not break your bones in the process. That being said, the more money saved on boat, the more there's left to spend on guns, glass ... :)

wiggy
10-19-2015, 08:13 PM
bought my zod off the RCs when they were upgrading. Awesome boat.

g_worsnop
10-19-2015, 08:31 PM
What about a plastic women? They always are willing and have a surprised look on there face?

wiggy
10-19-2015, 08:53 PM
Yeah you could even tie a few of them together use them to pack/float your game

r_haines
10-20-2015, 04:55 PM
Paddle her across the lake