PDA

View Full Version : Red lake

Jason Melo
10-18-2015, 08:38 PM
Hey guys and gals. Hope everyones season is going well.... unfortunately mine not so much... no time for hunting this year just work lol

I will only be able to get away for a couple days at the end of october just wanted some opinions... im planning to head up to the red lake area for some mulie and whitetail if i see some... just was wondering if anyone could help me out with a place to camp. I will be staying in a wall tent and will have a quad. Never been to the red lake area. Any pointers about the hunting in the area would be great to if anyone is willing to help. I will be heading up to the area on the 25th of october and coming home on the 28th.... does the area have clearings or is it more of thick ush type hunting? Is there a point in buying a whitetail tag?

Thanks alot
Jason

REMINGTON JIM
10-18-2015, 08:48 PM
I have never hunted there but i know people that have and say there is a good White Tail pop there ! ;-) Good LUCK !

Cheers RJ

Jason Melo
10-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Ok so whitetail tag it is lol thanks for the reply!

Steelpulse
10-18-2015, 10:02 PM
Aways pack a whitetail tag. Only ice fished the area. Equal parts cuts and thick bush have only ice fished the area but supposed to he fine hunting. Shouldnt have a problem finding camp spot

shekarchi
10-18-2015, 10:04 PM
There are lots of clearings around, not so many whitle tails at that elevation. There are whitetails on the lower elevations of the road that goes up there. Take a look at Google earth and you will find lots of clearings to explore.

Sofa King
10-18-2015, 10:06 PM
haven't been in there in awhile now.
sure it looks massively different.
nice lake though.

REMINGTON JIM
10-18-2015, 10:20 PM
There are lots of clearings around, not so many whitle tails at that elevation. There are whitetails on the lower elevations of the road that goes up there. Take a look at Google earth and you will find lots of clearings to explore.

Hmm whats elevation got to do with Whitetails ? i have seen them up at 6500 ft and we have them up here in 5-1 at 3800 + ft high - i have seen them at 5000 ft near my home here - Just Wondering what you meant ? Thks RJ

Steelpulse
10-19-2015, 07:00 AM
I would say its more a generalization whitetails are usually found in higher numbers lower than mule deer but can usually find a whitetail anywhere these says in the interior high and low. I dont know what elevation has to do with why there are more low than high but im not a deer scientist food? More suitable habitat for them maybe

Jason Melo
10-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Thanks to everyonr that has given me info on the area its greatly appreciated.... i will let you all know how i do when i get home..

Dlo11
10-19-2015, 09:47 AM
I'll be there the 23-25 with my bow .this will be my first hunt so anymore information would be appreciated

Dlo11
10-19-2015, 09:50 AM
I'll be in my trailer a 24ft hideout with a white taco pulling it

REMINGTON JIM
10-19-2015, 10:43 AM
I would say its more a generalization whitetails are usually found in higher numbers lower than mule deer but can usually find a whitetail anywhere these says in the interior high and low. I dont know what elevation has to do with why there are more low than high but im not a deer scientist food? More suitable habitat for them maybe

Whitetail Deer are LIKE coyotes and they adapt anywhere ! :smile: I like Whiteys to hunt and eat ! RJ

shekarchi
10-19-2015, 11:20 AM
Hmm whats elevation got to do with Whitetails ? i have seen them up at 6500 ft and we have them up here in 5-1 at 3800 + ft high - i have seen them at 5000 ft near my home here - Just Wondering what you meant ? Thks RJ

Didn't mean that they generally don't live in higher elevation, I meant in that area I have seen them in higher numbers at the lower elevations. Just observation :)

kamloopshunter25
10-19-2015, 01:39 PM
i've done almost all my hunting up there and yet too see a whitetail. Big Mulies up there but gotta find em, wear orange as it is a zoo during any buck