PDA

View Full Version : Somewhere to sleep off Hwy 16

abbyfireguy
10-17-2015, 04:48 PM
We are heading up hunting in the Vanderhoof area tomorrow for a week.
Taking off hopefully by 830 from Abbotsford and only making a couple of quick lunch and dinner stops. Looking for somewhere to pull off Hwy 16 between PG and Vanderhoof and sleep. We are probably going to be along that road between 630 and 8 p.m.
Got an appointment in Vanderhoof first thing Monday morning.
Any recommendation would be much appreciated.
Not sure if any of the provincial parks along that route are still open?
We have two trailers for accommodations.

takla1
10-17-2015, 05:17 PM
There are a couple rest area's along hyw 16 in that area.We usually use them as well when we head up to 7-28 as its a good 12 hrs from Mission.
There all good along there but can be noisey at night with the truck traffic and partyers especially on the weekend nights
good luck on your trip

takla

604ksmith
10-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Hopefully this doesn't seem like a wasted response.

For only one night where hook-ups aren't required, I would pick any FSR and park at the first opportunity that doesn't block the road. Most FSR's have some sort of a pull-out/parking lot for crews to check their trucks relatively close to their start, I'd stay there.

Funeral Of Hearts
10-17-2015, 05:19 PM
Theres a forestry site at cobb lake. Pitt toilets, fire pits and no water. Nice lake though. Its about 1/2 way between.

itsy bitsy xj
10-17-2015, 05:31 PM
How are you going to vote if you leave on Sunday?
Oh did you already cast your ballet

Edzzed
10-17-2015, 05:32 PM
I drove up there on Xmas eve one year. Pulled into 10 mile lake just after Quesnel. Went to sleep in a Toyota Celica and woke up to 8 inches of snow on top of the 4 inches on the ground when I pulled in. Warmed the car up and proceeded to get back onto the HWY. I came to a stop just feet from the HWY. Darn snow plow went by in the middle of the night and made a mound of cemented snow. First truck that came along was nice enough to pull me out but not before making me tell him how I got in there.

two-feet
10-17-2015, 08:06 PM
I have slept by the bridge in hixon before. Not too shabby

Ambush
10-17-2015, 08:12 PM
BIG rest area near Cluculz Lake on the left hand (south) side of the hiway. That's about halfway between PG and Vhoof. Inside toilets to. And Bit farther from the road for quiet.

emerson
10-18-2015, 08:34 PM
BIG rest area near Cluculz Lake on the left hand (south) side of the hiway. That's about halfway between PG and Vhoof. Inside toilets to. And Bit farther from the road for quiet.
This one is nice.

pin_head
10-18-2015, 09:07 PM

That is at Jardine Road if memory serves correctly. If you're just looking for a spot to sleep it won't get much easier or convenient than that.

Brad