PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt Elk Hunt Oct 21

cassiarkid
10-17-2015, 11:38 AM
Leaving for my Roosevelt Hunt for 1-10C on Monday, excited as hell! My dad and I are going to be spending at least 10 days there. Going to TRY and be picky for the first half of the hunt. Has anyone heard how the first group of hunters are doing?? I will hopefully follow up with a few photos, fingers crossed? I have been talking with a few people who have had the golden tags and it sounds like it is harder than most hunters imagine to pull a trophy bull out of there.....in a 7 to 10 day period.
Cheers

epicZERO74
10-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Sounds fun! Good luck!

tomahawk
10-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Work your butt off and hope that the hunting gods are on your side. Like any hunt good luck is a part of every hunt.

plumbcrazy
10-17-2015, 05:42 PM
It's not like shooting ducks in a bucket you know. I have been fortunate to have had a draw, I pounded the area for a full month before the opener. The big Bulls move and now with the rut winding down they hang out in recovery mode. With out any scouting just be happy with any bull that presents its self. Or get lucky but don't count on being famous day 1. Just my 2 cents

cassiarkid
10-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Nope plumcrazy I definitely don't expect a monster bull on the first day, but will be out from sun up to sun down, and can only hope for the best after that. I'm not all about the kill anyways, so if the hunt goes longer, the experience will just be that much better!

deeks1989
10-18-2015, 01:42 PM
I know of two Bulls being taken out of there so far....both opening day.

cassiarkid
10-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Looks like the weather is going to be typical Island Fall Weather, for the next two weeks, so I have stocked up on extra extra rain gear!

Islander30
10-18-2015, 05:06 PM
My wife and I have both had draws in that area, I shot mine in the first 30 mins(avatar pic) of the opening day, but my wifes hunt however was completely different and we didn't get hers till nearly the last mintue...we had seen bulls almost every day but just couldn't get her lined up on a big one and I had made her pass on a couple smaller ones, by the last couple days she informed me we wouldn't be passing on anything anymore and I better stay out of her way :-(.... Luckly it all worked and she dropped a beautiful 7x7 at first light on the last day :smile: !

cassiarkid
10-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Very nice bull, that's what I'm hoping for!