PDA

View Full Version : Lumby / Cherryville / Chistian Valley Elevations and Activity

bucket
10-16-2015, 07:10 AM
Hey all! Very excited, this morning we head out on the first hunt of the year.. man my boots have been itching to get on the ground!

We're going to start near a camp we had last year down Creighton Valley FSR from Lumby - just thought I'd put out a feeler on current elevations of activity, we're looking for deer (any sort) or bear, and just thought I'd see with this warm fall if things are typcial, we should be trying to get up high (how high??) or anything. Really, just trying to get a peak 3 hours into the future as we're off now!

(not looking for anything too specific.. just curious!)

Happy hunting!

OutWest
10-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Whities will be down low near the endless alfalfa fields. Hit the thick timber on the fringes and park your butt and you should have no problem connecting. Have hunted that area a ton myself and I find being a few hundred yards inside the timber from the fields to be the most productive at first and last light. The deer bed on the benches.

Mulies will still be up high. Good luck!

bucket
10-17-2015, 02:17 PM
Thanks TR saw one Muley doe up the top of vidler earlier and that's about it so heading down the valley now to scope your suggestion !!

thepitchedlink
10-17-2015, 09:02 PM
send me a PM where you are camped....I might be out that way later this week, could drop by and say hello

thepitchedlink
10-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Well, did you guys have any luck?

bucket
10-26-2015, 08:55 PM
Sorry I didn't respond.. the hunt kicked in shortly after I made my last post, tracked a white tail buck up and down a peak on foot, saw lots of deer and was lucky enough to bring home a white tail doe! She was more up around 1400 meters though, saw much more action up in the hills once the weather changed and got cooler on monday/tuesday...

Even saw a Lynx further into the networks near the greystokes trails, where it all connects..

Thanks for the help boys! She's at the butcher now..