PDA

View Full Version : Hunting carpenter lake , tyaughton

new hunter
10-14-2015, 12:40 PM
I am planning to head up to carpenter lake next week and due to having new dad responsibilities as well as having terrible weather for the vacation time me and mrs had off I was unable to do any real scouting in the area .
We went up to carol lake the day before that big storm that did all that damage in vancouver and before we got rained out I had a little time to look around .
Right now I am going in blind , last year I got lucky near kingdom lake , but I have heard that there was good hunting by tyaughton ,and while I was at Carol lake I thought the ridge lines looked good for spot and stalk .
What I need to know is how populated is the tyaughton area for people , i remember that gun lake had a lot of houses around it and i don't want to go all the way up to tyaugthon and find the same thing . I'd also liketo know how devestated mowson and pearson pond still are as I will probably camp in one of those sights and then travel around on my dirt bike .
I'm not asking were to find my deer , though any tips on were to start looking are always appreciated , thanks for any info .

BRvalley
10-14-2015, 12:54 PM
I used to live and work up there, you shouldn't really be hunting around tyax lake itself, there is the ski lodge there, plus lots of cabins on the lake, lots of recreational activity on the local bike trails...but there are plenty of other trails and ridges around

a local had a horse shot some years back, there was talk at one point to push to have the tyax and gun creek residential area classed as a no shooting zone, but don't believe that was ever more than just talk....most locals are friendly, but not always friendly with hunters because of that reason...also don't leave gut piles in the campsites (ridiculous that people actually do that...)

shoot me a pm if you want to chat more, good country around there

Riverbc
10-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Great memories! Mom was a telephone operator in Bralorne, and dad worked on the diversion dam, in Gold Bridge. They married, and lived atop a store in the town of Minto, which is now under Carpenter Lake. They moved to North Van and I came along. I can remember driving down to the PGE rail station in North Van, and dad, driving the car up on the train. Got off the train at Seton Portage/Shalath? and dad driving the car up and over Mission Mountain. The public swimming pool was packed with kids those days. Good times.....thanks for the flashback!

new hunter
10-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Thanks BR is the Marshal creek fsr a safer bet ?
Someone once suggested the cinnabar area , but it looks pretty closec too tyax . Im thinking buddy meant to trek in really far .