PDA

View Full Version : Success! Region 5/7A Double Header

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 07:18 AM
Day 0:

I Left my school at 1:25 and quickly made my way over to the truck. Once there, my mom, dad and I began our long journey from Surrey to Quesnel, BC.

Day 1:

We left my grandpa's house at 6AM and started driving out to his cabin to meet and have dinner with our family. On our way up we decided to hunt the road I got my doe(LEH) at last year( http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?111484-5-13-Doe-Draw-Filled! ). We Hunted lots of the side roads and cruised the main road and saw nothing. But, just like with the doe, on our way out I spot a deer on the side of the road. I get out, although it was making it's way through the bush quickly, and load the 30-06. Just as I am trying to find him in the scope, I hear some crashing coming from my right. Out of the corner of my eye I catch a brown blur and knew it was a deer. I brought my scope over a little bit and the cross hairs were right where they needed to be to hit the buck. I squeezed the trigger on the deer which was on a full trot and when I brought my scope back down from the recoil, I saw him laying there. I dropped him in his tracks! We went down, gutted the deer, used the truck to haul him up the embankment, then brought him to my grandpa's cabin to skin him. That evening, we brought the buck to the house/warehouse of other relatives we have in Quesnel. They were hunting the area hard and had yet to get anything, so they were "pleased" to see meat in their warehouse. ;) (darn coasters)! With a deer already down, and youth doe opportunities in region 7A, things were shaping up to be a double header trip! (pics are coming in the form of a video/slideshow at the end of the story)

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 07:23 AM
Day 2:​

In the morning, we decided to try and get my dad a buck. We hunted near Quesnel, as well as where I got my buck yesterday, to see if the other one came back. On the way up one of the roads we saw 2 does, so things were looking promising. We saw nothing but hunters the whole day, and we were feeling lucky we already got a deer to relieve the pressure of coming home with no meat. We did, however, see a bear on the road where I got my buck. He hung around for awhile, and we snapped some nice pictures.

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Day 3:

On the third day, we headed to region 7A for the youth deer season up there. We were cruising a road which looked good for grouse, but not much else. We decided to turn around, and on our way out we saw a group of 5 does. I got out, but they left and went up a hill and out of sight. So we turned a couple more corners and there were another 5 does! Once again, they headed off before I could get a good shot. So another corner later and there was another doe. This one was feeding on the side of the road, and didn't even look up at us. It was a perfect broadside shot, so down it went right away. 2 deer down in 3 days was a new record for us! This definitely was a great trip!

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ppV6WJqnmQ

Hank Hunter
10-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Nice. Way to go, thanks for sharing

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 12:01 PM
Nice. Way to go, thanks for sharing
Thanks! Glad you enjoyed.

kennyj
10-14-2015, 02:55 PM
Great job! Thanks for sharing.
kenny

mcmullmar
10-14-2015, 05:00 PM
You had to include the video of me missing. Thanks :) Very proud of him he made 2 great shots.

epicZERO74
10-14-2015, 05:04 PM
Great job! Thanks for sharing.
kenny
It's my pleasure! Glad you enjoyed it!

You had to include the video of me missing. Thanks :) Very proud of him he made 2 great shots.
I thought the added pressure of a rolling camera would help improve your shot :D Thanks for being my guide ;)

epicZERO74
10-28-2015, 07:33 AM
The skull mount of buck:

http://i.imgur.com/lOHpChV.jpg

M.Dean
10-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Incredible! Not only are you a great hunter, your a great "Movie Producer" too! And hey, be easy on your Dad, he very well could have had "Grouse Fever"!!! Truly a family hunt to remember, Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

wideopenthrottle
10-28-2015, 08:38 AM
great success..good on ya

epicZERO74
10-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Incredible! Not only are you a great hunter, your a great "Movie Producer" too! And hey, be easy on your Dad, he very well could have had "Grouse Fever"!!! Truly a family hunt to remember, Congrats and thanks for sharing with us!

Thanks! And yes, grouse fever hits all of us hard at one point or another ;)

great success..good on ya

Thank you!