PDA

View Full Version : November 3-31A Looking for some help

.308Savage
10-13-2015, 09:24 PM
Long time reader but recently joined and first time poster. Long story short, when we put in our LEH this year I was supposed to put in for the B side as that's where I was advised to do so from some friends but messed that one up and ended up putting in for the A side and getting it. So was wondering if anyone had any advice in regards to moose in 3-31A. I have a bull draw in November for the A side but haven't heard much of any moose on that side that late. I was up scouting over this past weekend and was surprised to find not many big water sources in there. I had some areas in mind to check out but after driving and hiking in nothing really seemed to hold any signs of activity. Been looking all over google earth to try and establish a game plan and was hoping for some direction on where to start before me and the ol man head out in November. Not looking for any honey holes just some advice and/or direction. I'm pretty pumped as it is my first draw so I appreciate any help/info.
Cheers!

two-feet
10-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Dont know the area, but at that time of year the bulls will be into heavy feeding, find the dense willow thickets. Dont need big water bodies, look more for swampy drainages.

boxhitch
10-14-2015, 07:22 AM
Response to calling will be a lot slower than a couple of weeks ago , so take some extra time , and be subtle.

Steve W
10-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Dont know the area, but at that time of year the bulls will be into heavy feeding, find the dense willow thickets. Dont need big water bodies, look more for swampy drainages.

Had that draw a couple of years ago for Nov 1-15. The above advice is bang on for our trip. Covered lots of country. We go ours on Day 4 at the back end of a huge cutblock by a willow filled creek bottom. We saw eight moose before we got ours. The rest were all cows/calves.

.308Savage
10-14-2015, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the info! much appreciated guys. My draw is from the 1st till the 30th so with any luck we'll be able to see something moving.