PDA

View Full Version : GOATs in Bella coola???

bud-aboom
10-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Recently went looking for goats west of williams lake in the Bella coola valley and didn't see a darn goat. This is the second straight year we were unable to see a goat. We know where to look as we have 13 goats between the two of us 8 from Bella coola. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen them down there in the last couple of years? Of are the numbers declined?

srupp
10-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Hmmm still plenty..closer to Firvale..
Srupp

warnniklz
10-12-2015, 10:02 PM
I have friends that live in Firdale. Visited them summer of 2014. They said the winter was harsh in 13 and haven't seen a lot of goats.

Their property is straight up off the highway(similar to the Rupert area) but they said they see more grizz and cats compared to goats.

panhead
10-13-2015, 09:19 AM
Know a few retired OLD goats down there ...:wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The niqab is normal dress for Albertans who are walking outdoors in the winter.

tripleseven
10-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Hahaha^

I sent you a PM.

tripleseven
10-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Just spoke with a friend that lives there, and he confirmed the population has fallen off a cliff (excuse the pun) over the last 10 years. Nobody knows if it's bad winters, more predation (that would be my guess) or what is happening. Valleys that used to be paved with goats, guys now fly them and don't see any.