PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to everyone for 6-06 moose advice

MichelD
10-12-2015, 12:18 PM
I want to thank everyone who provided advice on camp sites and hunting possibilities for the 6-06 moose hunt I just participated in.

My buddies had a group draw but one guy couldn't come at first so I volunteered to be his helper if he got one and arrived up there the evening of September 27 and hunted first with buddy # 1 who arrived shortly after me, then with the two of them after buddy # 2 showed up October 3.

I stayed 10 days and they hadn't got a moose yet.

Not for lack of trying: we drove, hiked, we sat still for hours and they called, we motor-boated in an inflatable and canoed into hidden lakes all without a moose. They saw a cow one day and on another occasion while they were boat hunting in a remote marsh I was driving around looking for a bear or deer and I saw a bull. Even if I had been LEH permit holder he was on the run so fast he was unshootable.

I had to depart camp last Thursday and they remained. I hope they connect.

So, to Machinist, Desi, Chris and Thomas thank you very much. If I missed anyone I apologize. I kept all messages but neglected to note everyone's handle. All advice was gratefully accepted.