PDA

View Full Version : got charged by deer

10-12-2015, 07:25 AM
Was hunting yesterday was my buddy in region 2 came apon a creek while fallowing a game trail. I took my boot off to cross but rocks where too slippery and water very cold so I couldn't make it. While putting on my shoes I head a noise and looked up and saw him charging down the bank and straight at us. At under 10 yards my buddy plugged him with a nice heart shot. Was his first kill. Was a cool experience that I thought I would share

rifleman
10-12-2015, 07:49 AM
thats odd they are always running away from me... congrats on a first kill.. what after shave were you wearing? LOL

10-12-2015, 07:51 AM
My cologne is called 2 hot does.

ajr5406
10-12-2015, 08:16 AM
Weird...

I was up in Region 8 last week and was quietly hiking over a ridge when a doe was coming up the other side and heading straight for me. She veered off at the last second and bounded away into the trees. I thought she was coming right for me, when I looked over the ridge and saw a coyote lurking around that must have spooked her.

Nice to have some interactions with nature!!

Jelvis
10-12-2015, 08:56 AM
77 sunset strip -- good 1. 2 hot does 3 where do you get that hahaha, he had one thing on his mind when he took a whiff, lol, prolly a young buck in pre rut now. Love is blind. lol.
Jel -- good little thread -- (thanks for sharing) that interesting tidbit. Two Hot Does -- cool 77.

caddisguy
10-12-2015, 11:33 AM
Any pics of the would-be assailant?

10-12-2015, 11:50 AM
Any pics of the would-be assailant?

I can't post pics on here and to be honest I gotta get my kids help to log on. I'll try to get them to post

Shawn Smith
10-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Geez if I had a deer running at me I'd be looking behind it to see what it's running from. Never heard of that before but stranger things have happened.

Buckmeister
10-12-2015, 06:56 PM
You didn't mention what he was busy charging 'for'. Passage of the creek? Lol. How much $ was he charging?

Congrats on putting him down though. This happen to Tooley a few years ago, but he had shot his buck first, then it charged, he thought he was going to get skewered but then the buck got his rack caught in a tree branch and effectively clothes-lined himself, then he was down for the count.

russm
10-12-2015, 07:13 PM
I spooked a doe the other day and she starting huffing and puffing and snorting at me, then she circled around and did it from behind me, I've been stomped at before but never had that happen.

Glenny
10-12-2015, 07:19 PM
had a 3 pt muley follow me at about 50 feet for about a half a k. I would stop he would stop. Talked to it and everything. Hew musta knew my tag was filled.

Jelvis
10-12-2015, 09:09 PM
I was coming down an old logging road in Barriere where Rocko has some twenty proven spots and as we're heading down the narrow gravel road thru mule deer habitat galore.
Ridge on one side of the road and a little flat on the left, rut was full steam in November and we saw a two point and does.
Rocko slows the 4by down a lil and looking out my side window says, " Jelvis, look!" I look and there is a four point mule buck coming at the truck noise on the road, eyes rolling, grinding his neck and lifting his rack and looking like he was a drunk coming out of the bar at closing time.
-- The buck was so horned up, he was chasing the sound of the truck, it was just past legal light, but could see the frenzied buck coming. The rock was even impressed with that one, I wouldn't have noticed if the Rock dint say, " Hey and point, there, a buck gone berserk!"
The rock says, " Always deer along here the whole road from top to bottom, especially non typ real big, thick and narly back one ridge and it's a whole new hunting world Jel."