PDA

View Full Version : LEH/ technical question

Hemi
10-10-2015, 09:13 AM
I have a cow draw group draw 2 people in group. My 14 year old want s to come with us. If approaching a cow calf I must take calf. So If my partner shoots the cow and cuts his tag. Can my boy who falls under the youth hunter shoot the calf and I cut my tag. I assuming it works like this am I wrong..

204rug.ftw
10-10-2015, 11:07 AM
I believe if you only have two members in the group you may only take one moose. only if you had 3 or four members may you take 2 moose. but yes I think you are right he should be able to shoot your moose for you as long as you are with him at all times obviously. goodluck hunting hope you get your moose

Steelpulse
10-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I would say no if i am reading this right your son would be shooting an animal and not tagging it and also you and friend would be taking 2 moose with the one allowed on your leh tag a group draw allows one moose for 2 hunters not 2 moose.
Im pretty sure the law is if you shoot it you tag it not have someone else shoot it and you tag it

I may be wrong but i dont think so

dmaxtech
10-10-2015, 12:15 PM
Technically for moose it is a shared draw, not a group draw, and 2 in group means 1 moose, 3 or 4 would mean 2 moose. And if I read it right you are supposed to pass on cows w/calf or only take the calf. That's just the way I read it. Correct me if I'm wrong. If you have a shared hunt for 3 then your son could shoot the second and cut your tag as a youth hunter.