PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!

Sinperama
10-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I need help!!
I'm dying to get out there for my first ever hunting trip.
Anyone kind enough to let me tag along?

Have no idea where to start.
I live in Richmond.
36 Male.

Thanks in advance.

monasheemountainman
10-10-2015, 01:07 AM
If you come to Kelowna you can tag along with us. Pm me if you do

Marlowethelazydog
10-10-2015, 04:43 AM
Is there a fish and game club in Richmond? That might be a good place to start. How much time have you put in at the range? Maybe grab a map and hit the FSRs around Hope and start small (grouse, snowshoes) while you build some connections for a big game hunt.

Sinperama
10-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Is there a fish and game club in Richmond? That might be a good place to start. How much time have you put in at the range? Maybe grab a map and hit the FSRs around Hope and start small (grouse, snowshoes) while you build some connections for a big game hunt.

there's no so called fish & hunt club that i know of here that's active.
have maps but i dont want to get into trouble with the locals since i've no clue where line start.
over 5000 rounds at the range. not getting any further since i'm after the real experience.
thanks for your advise though.

ajr5406
10-10-2015, 10:48 AM
Why don't you buy a BC back road map book, find some spots, and go hunt somewhere that looks good. As long as your following regulations you should be fine. Might find some animals, or at least some good spots. Either way it will be fun.

I'm in the same boat as you, a new hunter without a mentor, so just gonna learn as much as I can and go out and hunt.

10-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Become a me,bet of the BCWF and ask lots of questions ....... Great people there ready to help.

Fella
10-10-2015, 11:00 AM
there's no so called fish & hunt club that i know of here that's active.
have maps but i dont want to get into trouble with the locals since i've no clue where line start.
over 5000 rounds at the range. not getting any further since i'm after the real experience.
thanks for your advise though.

You wont get in trouble as long as you're doing some research ahead of time. You can find private property, reserves etc. By doing a few google searches. I started hunting 4 years ago with a buddy and neither of us knew anyone who hunted so we figured everything out mostly on our own. Drive into an area that looks good on Google earth, get out and walk around a bit, look for tracks, crap etc. And from their you'll start learning animal habits and habitats etc.

M.Dean
10-10-2015, 12:04 PM
If you have a hunting license, rifle and a few deer tag's, go for a drive, I'm sure within a couple hours you can find a area to road hunt until you get to know the area, then next day go back to that spot and go for a hike. This way your getting out there, and who knows, hell you could get a monster buck, or a rabbit, grouse or maybe get attacked by a Bear? But hey, your out hunt'in!

two-feet
10-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Spend $30 on steve rinellas new book. The best 'how to' out there by far. Then its just a matter of experience and luck.

Marlowethelazydog
10-10-2015, 01:16 PM
No fish and game club in Richmond?! I thought the lower mainland was supposed to be civilized! How barbaric :razz:

Sinperama
10-10-2015, 01:25 PM
No fish and game club in Richmond?! I thought the lower mainland was supposed to be civilized! How barbaric :razz:

that's city life for you.
i HATE it. cant wait till i can afford to quit my job and live in the woods.

Sinperama
10-10-2015, 01:26 PM
thanks everyone for great tips.