PDA

View Full Version : Wolves and coyotes

Centerfire
10-09-2015, 07:27 PM
So, from reading the regs, it's my understanding that after shooting wolves and/or coyotes one must either skin the animals and take the hides home or take the whole animal home. Is this correct? If so, what do you do with them when you get them home? I can't exactly toss a wolf into my garbage can. I think the garbage men would freak out. Hahaha!

Any my advice is much appreciated.

last light
10-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Skin it out right where you shoot it, then you can just take the hide home. Or you can take it home whole and skin it out there and then put the carcass out with your compost waste. Recycling waste "meat" is actually encouraged in Abbotsford! :mrgreen:

panhead
10-09-2015, 09:31 PM
You can also do what a friend of my wife saw while visiting her son up in Yellowknife. On a trip to the dump she saw someone had skinned out a few "dogs" and had them arranged as reindeer pulling a sled. At Christmas of course. All frozen solid. No pic though ... :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Every election is a sort of advance auction sale of stolen goods.” H. L. Mencken

Dog_River
10-10-2015, 08:54 AM
I would see if you can find a trapper somewhere around you and give the carcass to him for processing instead of wasting the skin/fur. Get in touch with them now and find out how they want you to handle it. Maybe put up a post in the Trapping forum on this site. I hate to see game wasted if there is a need.

Dog_River

Ohwildwon
10-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Don't forget about maybe keeping the skull...

gcreek
10-10-2015, 01:14 PM
There are lots to go around. Don't worry about utilizing the ones with poor fur........

HarryToolips
10-10-2015, 11:09 PM
Skin it out right where you shoot it, then you can just take the hide home. Or you can take it home whole and skin it out there and then put the carcass out with your compost waste. Recycling waste "meat" is actually encouraged in Abbotsford! :mrgreen:
Or instead of throwing away the carcass we have a Chinese restaurant here in West Kelowna that will take them off your hands, if your ever heading this way:mrgreen: