PDA

View Full Version : Possessions And Acquisition

Roe
10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
WOW!:p applied for renewal with address change on Sept 29th online and received card in mail today 20 days before expiry. Had to wait to take possession of house for address change.

TPK
10-09-2015, 12:23 PM
Congrats on the new house! That is encouraging news about the turnaround on your renewal .. gives us hope that things can get better.

Glenny
10-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Sounds good. Do they require a new pic when online?

Roe
10-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Yes new pic required, big difference in 5 years, much more grey. Got my photo done at Kerrisdale Cameras in Richmond as I happened to be in the vicinity and had used them in the past for development and restoration; to great satisfaction I might add. I had asked for a passport photo and it was only when the lady was checking the photo that I mentioned the license renewal: she told me that the photo would require different cropping and did this without fuss. Many thanks to her. I also used Erica Publishing in Hope to scan the photo and e-mail it to me (at a cost so small that I paid two and a half times more and still blushed)
Could i have done this all my self? I have all the equipment including good camera, yes! but because of short time frame and need to be absolutely correct---proof is in the pudding or in this case the wallet.

Slinky Pickle
10-09-2015, 03:02 PM
You can take the photo for the PAL renewal yourself. I took mine on a cell phone against a light coloured wall. You simply attach the JPEG file to the online application. It couldn't be easier!

10-09-2015, 04:01 PM
You can take the photo for the PAL renewal yourself. I took mine on a cell phone against a light coloured wall. You simply attach the JPEG file to the online application. It couldn't be easier!

Did the same and online........new card within days, not weeks or months like times gone by.

RustyBrit
10-09-2015, 04:39 PM
Yup it looks but a few days. I used my iPhone and took a "selfy", emailed it to myself, and then uploaded it to the form. Done and done.