PDA

View Full Version : What to do?????/

Fishgutz
10-09-2015, 08:49 AM
I've found myself with next two weeks off and wish to go exploring the south east area of our wonderful province with my trailer (Oliver to Grandforks maybe farther) Anyone care to share some nice places to stop and camp (Boondocking) I want to do a little hunting and quading. I'm not looking for anyones honeyhole or secret spot just some cool places to add to the camping/hunting list.

Thanks Fishgutz

Whonnock Boy
10-09-2015, 09:17 AM
With two weeks off, I would be heading to the east Kootenays. Elk, moose, mulies, whitetail, bear are all open. Have at her! Doesn't matter where you go out there, it is all beautiful.

Husky7mm
10-09-2015, 09:41 AM
Never been there but I always wanted to check out the country between vernon and needles. Looks nice from google earth and you dont hear much about it. I hate running into camps everywhere. 2 weeks exploring somewhere with no real desination in mind would be fun. Another place I would love to explore someday would be yalakom/ carpenter/ gun lake area. Lifes too short, so much to see yet. Have fun.

SPEYMAN
10-09-2015, 11:39 AM
30 miles north of Grand Forks right on the river.. Nice dry camp ground, great quad riding, good hunting and a map available from the Grand Forks ATV Club. Check out their contact information on the Quad Riders ATV Association web site under clubs. Have fun.

Drillbit
10-09-2015, 11:59 AM
If I had 2 weeks off, I'd be going straight to Fort Nelson.

Fishgutz
10-09-2015, 12:09 PM
The North Fork rd side or the Granby rd side?

604redneck
10-09-2015, 12:17 PM
North fork of course

SPEYMAN
10-09-2015, 01:56 PM
30 mile bridge on the Granby. Or just before the bridge there are campsites on the river.

10-09-2015, 02:01 PM
id go way north or way east..... not middle.....

HarryToolips
10-09-2015, 09:01 PM
Never been there but I always wanted to check out the country between vernon and needles. Looks nice from google earth and you dont hear much about it. I hate running into camps everywhere. 2 weeks exploring somewhere with no real desination in mind would be fun. Another place I would love to explore someday would be yalakom/ carpenter/ gun lake area. Lifes too short, so much to see yet. Have fun.
That area between needles and Vernon gets hit harder than Ya think;-)