PDA

View Full Version : Heard there was another bear attack/mauling somewhere close to PG, anyone know any de

mooze
10-09-2015, 07:52 AM
/mauling somewhere close to PG, anyone know any details?

one-shot-wonder
10-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Attack could have been provoked by many different reasons, messy camp or meat in camp, wounded, who knows....thoughts and prayers with the victim.

swampthing
10-10-2015, 09:17 AM
I always new bears new how to use doors! Sleep in the corner. Hope he does ok and good on his partners for acting fast.

budismyhorse
10-10-2015, 04:02 PM
Can of bear spray rubbed down in bacon fat..... You will never see that bear again.....

boxhitch
10-10-2015, 04:18 PM
My regards to the victim. Being shot would be no fun either.

Bears are loosing their fear of man, too much hugging going on. It takes generations to instill a healthy regard to avoid conflicts.

Ambush
10-11-2015, 01:38 PM
One of the guys that was in the camp stated that the bullet that hit the injured man passed through the bear first.

So penetration wasn't an issue.

Lots of firepower to finally ground the boar to. Contrary to what some may think, most hunters won't be that guy that just cool-headedly flattens the threat with one well placed, large bore hunk of lead. This incident is how it goes in real life.

Daybreak
10-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Holy crap...what a night that must have been. Where's my rum? I need a friggin drink!