PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter LEH Hunts????

dana
05-05-2007, 05:05 PM
"The following hunts are open ONLY to NEW hunters in British Columbia. To qualify for these hunts, applicants must have been ISSUED their initial RESIDENT HUNTER NUMBER on or after June 1, 2007."

Anyone see any problems with this??? The LEH cards have to be in Victoria by the 13th. Sure looks like they are really helping the new hunters eh????

Mulie_Hunter
05-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Typical government stupidity.

dana
05-05-2007, 05:18 PM
To think my 10 year old son just got his Hunter Number 2 weeks ago. Had I of known about the June 1st thing, we could have waited till then and shipped the Card down via Express Post.

BlacktailStalker
05-05-2007, 05:22 PM
I dont see any link?

dana
05-05-2007, 05:33 PM
They sure know how to make the process discouraging to new hunters eh? After passing the CORE exam, with a fee, you send your stuff to the coast where they process it and then send you a CORE card in the mail. You then have to take a day off work and drive into a major centre where you stand in line at the Government Agents office where you get your Hunter # card for free. Question???? Why couldn't they have just sent the Hunter # in the mail with the CORE card????

BCLongshot
05-05-2007, 05:38 PM
*******s

My wife and 18 yr old son just took the CORE and went and got their hunter #'s.

Why June 1st as if these 2 aren't new !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCLongshot
05-05-2007, 05:38 PM
OK Biotches

MattB
05-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Is this a mistake?? Maybe its supposed to be 2006?

ryanb
05-05-2007, 05:58 PM
This has to be a typo. The previous new hunter hunts were on or after June 1st of the PREVIOUS year.

Derp
05-05-2007, 06:03 PM
I hope it is, cuz I just got my hunting license last week or something

lip_ripper00
05-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I just faxed my wifes info to the government office yesterday....:mad:

Radar
05-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I saw it before I saw this link, I would suggest you email LimitedEntry.Hunting@gov.bc.ca to enquire if it is a typo as I did, if it isn't then I'd suggest a campaign to our MLA's. It must be a typo as when I pulled all other Synopsis it had always been the previous year.

dana
05-05-2007, 07:54 PM
I would assume this is indeed a typo. Not the first time I've personally found a critical error where I've had to notify the Ministry and they have made the changes. Now, I'm no grammer teacher, why must I be constantly babysitting the Ministry???? Shouldn't they go over these things with a fine toothed comb before they send them out????? How many people don't have internet access and won't ever see there Error page??????

Fisher-Dude
05-05-2007, 08:41 PM
I would assume this is indeed a typo. Not the first time I've personally found a critical error where I've had to notify the Ministry and they have made the changes. Now, I'm no grammer teacher, why must I be constantly babysitting the Ministry???? Shouldn't they go over these things with a fine toothed comb before they send them out????? How many people don't have internet access and won't ever see there Error page??????

Ya ain't no spelling teacher neither! :lol:

Spellcheck has become the bane of proofreading. The "kids" (anyone under 35 :lol: ) that send me resumes looking for employment will list their honour roll achievements and their academic awards, yet they can't put a sentence together nor use words correctly. Those ones quickly go to my "B pile". 8)

Too bad the printers bungled that date. When our number one goal is to recruit new hunters, this error could cost us a number of newbies. :sad:

dana
05-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Like I said, I ain't no grammar teacher. ;)

Actually, I'm thinking that all this talk about recruiting hunters and increasing hunting opportunities is all a bunch of hot air. All talk and no action. Having just sat through the CORE with my son and nephew, both 10, I saw first hand how bad our system is. Old NRA videos from the 60's with guys smoking cigarettes while they reload. A test that is beyond pathetic when it comes to Jr Hunters. It certainly isn't aimed at them.
Looking at these new LEH regs I don't see many new opportunities. I have been hearing all about the Caribou Recovery Strategy, how we need to drop the moose populations and focus more on predators. Yet....there is no sustantial increase in Moose tags. Damn, they actually dropped in some units. Grizz have been documented as being hard on the Caribou calves, and yet no increase in the Grizz tags. Government hired guns will take care of them I guess, and resident hunters will be left filling out surveys about how much more money they would be willing to spend to hunt grizzlies. Yea, I'd say it's all hot air.

kishman
05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
This has to be a typo. The previous new hunter hunts were on or after June 1st of the PREVIOUS year.

That sounds right, last year I was able to put in for the rookie hunt and I recieced my hunter number in Feb. of last year. Still strange though.....just our tax dollars at work:mad: .

kishman

Fisher-Dude
05-05-2007, 09:23 PM
I share your frustration Dana. I went through the Reg 8 moose tags and noticed no increases, and unless the G/O's get cut back, the LEH will be in contradiction of the new allocation policy. We need 14 more moose shot by residents or 4 less shot by the G/O's clients to meet allocation policy. Yet they won't let us shoot wolves in Reg 8 while moose numbers remain stagnant....hmmmm. In the 80s we shot any bull except spikes in a GOS when there were twice the number of hunters we have now. Go figure.

I'm hoping there is something more for youth in the GOS regs when they come out. The boys in Victoria need to show us they are serious about hunter recruitment.

3kills
05-05-2007, 09:45 PM
ya i agree its a typo for sure.....

dana
05-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Here's one for ya, a unit I've put in for moose for the last several years is 3-43. I've done a ton of forestry work in that unit over the years and I know it has a very high population of moose in it. It also has a high population of wolves. The same wolves that are eating up all the mountain caribou and putting them close to extinction. Do you know how many moose tags they are letting out this year for Oct? Just 3. Last years odd, 12:1. Now that is some great added hunting opportunities there eh? It's a unit in my back yard and yet it will be several years before I'll ever get to hunt it. I thought this year was going to be THE year that they were going to make tonnes of changes????

Instead we'll probably see 7B become the poster child for what not to do as they will certainly open up a general season on anterless deer and elk because the Regional Bio wants to cut the pops in half, and yet the reports that have been posted up here and in Big Buck Mag is that there was sevre winter kill this year. So we'll see the remaining herd get decimated because the new bio never had time to get a post winter count but still will go will the GOS anyways.

Radar
05-07-2007, 05:02 PM
It is a typo, confirmed by MOE by email:

Yes you are correct, it is a typo, it should read 2006.
Thank you.
\ \ \ | / / /
\ \ - - / /
( @ @ )
---------------------oOOo -(_)-- oOOo
Lynnie Roy
Regulations Officer
Fish and Wildlife Branch
Ministry of Environment