PDA

View Full Version : 5-15 B LEH Bull Moose

Neil 30-06
10-07-2015, 02:03 PM
So we have a group LEH in 5-15 B this year (Nov1 - Nov15). Never been in there so looking for any helpful hints. Looks like a hard place to access. Again, any helpful nudges would be much appreciated. Looking for the best places to access the hunting area, any new cut blocks, etc. Not looking for any honey holes posted on here as they wont be a honey hole for long lol. Thanks in advance.

TimberPig
10-07-2015, 04:25 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?118953-Moose-draw-5-15b&highlight=5-15B+moose+access

Here's some reading to start.

To put it simply, if you aren't prepared now for accessing this piece of ground, your chances of being ready by November 1 aren't looking good. Only a very tiny piece of this zone is road accessible, and then only until the snow comes, which it often does before the November draw has even started. There is the risk of your camp getting snowed in, and it is a long ways back to fight your way out from there if you get stuck there.

tigrr
10-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Google earth is your friend. As far as I know it is water access only between the two fingers of Quesnell lake. Sleep on a boat, not on shore due to G bears. Store any game shot so grizzly can't get to it. It is a coin toss whether to take an atv or a sled. It is an adventure hunting out there.

Drillbit
10-07-2015, 10:35 PM
I've hunted there lots, but going in Nov hasn't crossed my mind, ever.

I'd focus on the road access area if I were you.

Swamp mule
10-08-2015, 08:38 AM
Try Bing Maps - Satellite imagery. Good resolution as well.

Neil 30-06
10-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks guys. We were thinking in the Ghost Lake, Mitchell Lake area. Somewhere off the North point. Is there fairly good roads in there still? I know it can snow good up there and may have to bail if the weather turns. Kind of banking on how it was last year. We were in Likely until Oct 31 last year and it was 13-14 above in the day or warmer. Nothing was moving it was so warm.

Drillbit
10-08-2015, 12:00 PM
PM Srupp

He guided that area for years and is always willing to help out.

srupp
10-08-2015, 12:52 PM
send ph number..in pm..dont forget bridge is out just before Keithly creek

cheers
Steven

bcfirefly
10-08-2015, 02:42 PM
if you are going through Likely, you may see my group. We go in every year to 15 C for our 2 moose (lucky *******s I know!). been successful every time. You just need to focus in on what they are feeding on. can pm if you want any info but I know more about 15C than B but may have some info.

JIL_24/7
10-08-2015, 04:43 PM
I have been in C and B the last 4 years. Went this year by Spanish Lake with the bridge being out. I have NEVER seen so much wolf sign. EVERY road. EVERY trail. It was not the same place it was last year. They are bold too. Howling 50 yards from the Spanish Lake Rec site. My buddy was up near Ghost. He saw bears but no wolves and got his moose. Where I was the game was deep. Saw many moose last year and got mine, but this year out of 20 plus hunters that were there no one took a bull. Wolves have them deep and quiet.