PDA

View Full Version : kamloops hunting report?

Steelpulse
10-07-2015, 12:20 PM
Been traveling europe since august and hbc hasnt worked until now. Will be home in a week and wondering if anyone would like to share an update.
Whats the upland situation?
How are the deer doing any bruisers drop yet?
Who got my 319 moose tag hope you filled that tag haha jealous
anyways any info would be good ill be back in vancouver next week and to the loops for a lot of November for a 4pt or bigger deer and cant wait for chukars and pretty much ane of everything type mood
hope for a late season duck hunt as well

happy hunting everyone

rides bike to work
10-07-2015, 12:23 PM
We want to hear how many carp you have caught an how they taste down river of the nuke plant

you first

Steelpulse
10-07-2015, 12:45 PM
We caught 4 carp up to 15lbs ahout 30" in spain fought very hard, caught some nice brown trout and rainhows in croatia on the river gacka and caught some minnows in naples italy with the locals try and get some pics up tonight. Have been reading how the animals are thriving in cheyenoble, i can only imagine some huge carp and 1000lbs wels cats maybe even some gigantic deer. Anyone for a trip soon have

i will also report we drank 35litres of beer bteween the lady and i over 2 days

Jelvis
10-07-2015, 04:08 PM
You wouldn't believe the amount of deer and moose around 3-19 and 18 and 28, 27 29 30
3-12, hunters from the area showing me photos and telling me, like copious amounts of wild life in 2015 around Kammy district.
Bull moose, cows, calves, mule deer in bunches already and the whitetails appearing near Mamitt Lake too.
You get back and you will see it for yourself, deer meat city folks.
Jel -- Kamloops is still Huntin and Rockin, Rockin is her business, and business is good
Summary: Kamloops is enjoying an abundant amount of wildlife in 2015 because the last winter die off dint happen, the winter and spring were warm and no snow to speak of.
Early, mid and late season will be special hunting for mules -- the whole anch a lotta --

Carrollizer
10-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Great news! Especially since I am off to MU- 319/320 Thursday Afternoon
Hope to have a story to tell on here Tuesday

Jelvis
10-07-2015, 05:32 PM
Bring some bino's -- look at the edges of swamp or meadows.

Jelvis
10-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Now yah got us up and listening carrolizer your going to have a riot, I'm telling yah.<br>&nbsp; Lettuce know as soon as you get back home with your venison.<br>Jel -- Ohhhhh Carrol your going to have the time of your hunting outdoor life.
Hunting in Kamloops country is hunting like you always dreamed of. Just like Colorado-only better

Darksith
10-07-2015, 08:07 PM
You wouldn't believe the amount of deer and moose around 3-19 and 18 and 28, 27 29 30
3-12, hunters from the area showing me photos and telling me, like copious amounts of wild life in 2015 around Kammy district.
Bull moose, cows, calves, mule deer in bunches already and the whitetails appearing near Mamitt Lake too.
You get back and you will see it for yourself, deer meat city folks.
Jel -- Kamloops is still Huntin and Rockin, Rockin is her business, and business is good
Summary: Kamloops is enjoying an abundant amount of wildlife in 2015 because the last winter die off dint happen, the winter and spring were warm and no snow to speak of.
Early, mid and late season will be special hunting for mules -- the whole anch a lotta --

I call BS...been to hot for deer...moose rut is on, some have been getting dropped but thats no different than any year, gotta win that LEH

Jelvis
10-07-2015, 08:16 PM
If you know where the animals are, you go there and see them. That's why you scouted a bit b4, or it's one of your favorite proven spots. They stay in an area sometimes for a week or two before moving out. I've hunted decades every year in Kamloops region so I know where the deer and moose are by experience. I personally know the best hunters around town. I talk and share and I look at their I phone photos of this season and oh boy.
Ask the local bow hunters who use tree stands, they have portables to change area. So if you see a deer or moose there one day last week, go back and see if they come out.
Early morning in the dark you sneak to the tree stand, sit and watch. Bow or rifle.
As it becomes light you will see deer and moose if your in a spot they abide.
Might be a 200 yard shot across a clear cut or a shot real close, under the stand.
The animals can appear out of nowhere in an instant, you have to be focused and ready.
In the morning when the light starts to appear and get's legal light to shoot, you have about a half hour to see monster bucks, they came out last and go back first into the bush.
That's a huge buck that stays in dark as much as possible where a young buck four point can stay out with the doe after dawn til approx. 9 in the morning b4 they hit the weeds.

kamloopshunter25
10-08-2015, 09:41 AM
between myself and my hunting buddy a 4pt, a spike and a 3x3 whitey have all dropped not to mention copious amounts of ducks and geese, heading to the kootenay's to punch my elk tag and whack a turkey

Jelvis
10-08-2015, 12:14 PM
hunter25 good Kammy report excellent information and sharing with others.
You've been hunting and connecting.
Jel -- keep up the good hunting effort Kammy hunter's are special

digger dogger
10-08-2015, 12:19 PM
I've been hearing kamloops is getting pounded like a hooker at a stag party!
Deer are dropping!

Darksith
10-08-2015, 12:26 PM
best pulse on the number of animals going down is the local butchers since its too warm to hang...sure a few will have coolers or cut up right away, but according to them, its still slow in regards to deer. Kamloops is getting pounded though...a few big bucks get posted over the last couple years, a few old stories told as new by you know who...turned kamloops into the new clearwater! Good luck out there, its zooish for sure.

luckofthedraw
10-08-2015, 02:05 PM
Grouse are healthy this year. Rabbit everywhere. Bear as usual. Deer are out, smaller bucks still with doe's, 2 and 3 points on their own....haven't seen a bigger buck yet. Moose are around, rut started earlier this week. Haven't seen a chukar yet this fall. Ducks, no report. Stay in Europe animal slayer ! lol

caddisguy
10-08-2015, 03:00 PM
I hit up 3-26 for 5 days and we got chewed up and spit out. Saw a few does and a half dozen birdies. I hadn't done any scouting this year, just figured I could walk into where I was see bucks at the exact same time last year and have my pick. No such luck... there wasn't much in the way of sign in any of the spots I learned last season. Found some decent sign in around the few hunt-able treed ridges in the area but didn't connect with a buck. Not sure what made this year different... maybe the cattle being out still, maybe more hunting pressure than before. Called it quits after 5 days, then headed back home to check in on one of the Region 2 cams. Got some surprises on there!!

Region 3 any-buck didn't work out for me so now it's crunch time back in 2.

finngun
10-09-2015, 04:12 PM
At least 1 nice jogi bear left to tanqwa area,,,but that one is exreme fast runner,,after bullet hit just above it 4inc. Rock face.. 420 yards was shooting dist.. bullet drop was much less than expected..and high angle shooting was reason for that too.
heck can that bear m o v e...unbelivable...we see him running full blast at least 1 mile non stop,,and non slowin down..
maybe stop only in vancouver,,was heading that way too..much safer there..;)

Yeah i know,,exuses,,exuses...but after all,,no wounded pooh bear..all good,,,and 4 pointer buck is dead too..and lots of mallard and some grouse..but it was really hard to find a nice buck..lots of lady does,,very few bucks..cheers f-g:lol:
Hi JELLO BELL,,,shoot anything yet,,?

Jelvis
10-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Finicky folks 1 in a zillion great member of hbc and now stating he got a four point mule and birds in Kammy sub berbs, is dat right finny gunn. tunkwa or Bust!
Scared that black bear into overdrive on rocket fuel, skimmed is ass with yer 400 + hail marry. The wind was blowing hard prolly or you wood ah had it down and out. KAY BOOOM!
People in Kamloops reporting a big black bear running hell bent for leather down Seymore Street past Value village about just after you shot finny.
Finny where's the photo of your 4 point, you know I always put excellent pix on for you.
Jelly (Photo graphic Brain ) Is it real? Or is it Memorex?

caddisguy
10-09-2015, 07:32 PM
Saw a bear down in Merritt just of the coq... truck that hit it was in the ditch

Jelvis
10-09-2015, 08:06 PM
I saw where a nice big yellow male cougar had been killed on the hwy 1.
It was a CAT TAST TRO PHEE
Cars are tuffer than cats
Jelly a catastrophy

finngun
10-09-2015, 09:42 PM
jell--- I always put excellent pix on for you.// thnx but see no pic.. yet:lol:..4 pointer went for butcher by air strip at kammy,,ya know who?pooh bear was braking so hard in vancouver that smoke was coming out of his heels..and never be back..another garbage bear in vancouver,,

Steelpulse
10-10-2015, 08:43 AM
Sounding pretty great to me cant wait. Definitely want to tag a big 4pt this year last year only got a spike buck as time didnt permit me hunting lots, however lots of time this year. As for ut being busy that seems usual for this time of year.

No chukars? Have you been looking for chukars? Or havent seen any just hunting in general
so excited to hunt them again

finngun
10-10-2015, 08:50 AM
What i was pounding kammy hills,,no chukars..not single ones...and very few grouse too...sad..:roll: but lots of yotes..lots..

Steelpulse
10-10-2015, 09:10 AM
Damn well will let you know what i find when im out there, hoping a limit

Carrollizer
10-13-2015, 12:18 PM
So my weekend was a success, bagged 5 grouse, a hare, and a nice 2 point muley. Could have gotten a black bear but I didn't trust the long up hill shot on him.
Kamloops definitely produces

Good luck to everyone

M.Dean
10-13-2015, 12:29 PM
Ain't no Critters round here! Be a complete waste of time hunt'in any where's near my place! A man be better off buy'in Beef than look'in for game round 3-27! Us locals don't even hunt close to home, we's all go North, Clearwater, sometimes even farther!!! Good Luck up there!

caddisguy
10-13-2015, 12:46 PM
I personally verified there were no bucks in 3-26 between the evening of October 3th and morning of October 7th, 2015.

Sofa King
10-13-2015, 01:08 PM
I personally verified there were no bucks in 3-26 between the evening of October 3th and morning of October 7th, 2015.

yup.
we did the same in 2 different zones as well.

lovemywinchester
10-13-2015, 02:01 PM
Ain't no Critters round here! Be a complete waste of time hunt'in any where's near my place! A man be better off buy'in Beef than look'in for game round 3-27! Us locals don't even hunt close to home, we's all go North, Clearwater, sometimes even farther!!! Good Luck up there!

Didn't you just shoot a WT in your neighbors yard? 2 min after leaving your house? Pretty sure I remember that happening!;-)

Bucks are everywhere this year around the loops. Grouse as well. I keep getting busted and they take off but I saw this guy first on Sunday. A great start to Thanksgiving.

http://i1124.photobucket.com/albums/l573/zippogold/008_zpsdkj9lnjv.jpg (http://s1124.photobucket.com/user/zippogold/media/008_zpsdkj9lnjv.jpg.html)

luckofthedraw
10-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Nice buck. I've yet to zone in on those whities. Can't wait.

Sil3n2
10-13-2015, 08:58 PM
Have seen plenty of bucks so far this season. Like Jel says, most have been just before sunrise and heading to their beds before light. Been on the hunt for bull Winkle in 3-30 but haven't seen one yet.

Sil3n2
10-13-2015, 09:01 PM
Quit posting those damn whities Andrew, there ain't any around these parts.

bigbadjoel
10-13-2015, 09:05 PM
I have 2 days left in 3-19 and only seeing does. Anybody want to put me onto a road in 3-19 where I might be able to find one of these bucks you all talk about? Just looking for any meat buck. Any help is appreciated!

Sil3n2
10-13-2015, 09:16 PM
Depends where you're at. Pm me

Gs31
10-13-2015, 09:53 PM
We got a couple nice 2 points in 3-19 last week, both were hanging around does.

604ksmith
10-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Was out in 3-29 for 4 days. Saw about 40 mulie does, one buck (no shot), and no white tails at all.

Did have 6-7 wolves surround me and my two hunting partners. Managed to get one black female down.

kamloopshunter25
10-14-2015, 10:30 AM
Was out in 3-29 for 4 days. Saw about 40 mulie does, one buck (no shot), and no white tails at all.

Did have 6-7 wolves surround me and my two hunting partners. Managed to get one black female down.

Wolves eh? How high up where you? I'm tagged out on deer so i need to pass the time somehow ;-)

280 77
10-14-2015, 07:47 PM
There is wolf sign throughout 3-28, 3-29. from down low to up high. It has been getting worse over the last few years. They are hard buggers to spot though.

jaybe14
10-18-2015, 02:06 PM
Try the fawn distress call on wolves I've found it works pretty good

Steelpulse
10-18-2015, 02:20 PM
I have 2 days left in 3-19 and only seeing does. Anybody want to put me onto a road in 3-19 where I might be able to find one of these bucks you all talk about? Just looking for any meat buck. Any help is appreciated!
Every road in 3-19 from Gstone to chewls has bucks and big bucks as well

skibum
10-25-2015, 08:39 PM
bagged a wolf in 28 closer to town. Keep your eyes open, they are are sneaky.

Really would have preferred something that I could eat

TreeStandMan
10-25-2015, 09:16 PM
I passed on three two-points in 3-27 on thanksgiving Sunday, but now that I'm out of time for hunting, I took my opportunity and sealed the deal on a spike in my super sekret spot this morning.

One observation: there are a lot of hunters out there, but most of them seem to stick to the road, and despite traveling hundreds of kms on the dirt, the only bucks I've seen this year are when I've been on foot.

Sofa King
10-25-2015, 09:24 PM
We got a couple nice 2 points in 3-19 last week, both were hanging around does.

they were probably still young with momma maybe?

takla1
10-27-2015, 07:12 PM
any updates ?Thinking of going up Kamloops way first week of Nov
thx

kamloopshunter25
10-27-2015, 07:32 PM
passed on a few small WT bucks and a doe, hunting partner passed on a smaller 3x3 mulie last night, other friend up from the coast took a 5x4 this morning. Personally been focusing all attention on ducks. Deer are everywhere just gotta put the time in

Steelpulse
10-27-2015, 07:52 PM
Hunting is good in the loops, im heading up next week for a couple weeks for deer moose upland and waterfowl

kamloopshunter25 hows the duck hunting been? Not seeinng many ducks in lml where I am yet but few weeks should be good I think

kamloopshunter25
10-28-2015, 09:52 AM
Steelpulse it's been great! between jumping ponds and decoying with the hunting partners the freezer is plenty full of nice green heads, teals, wigeons and the occasional goose. Haven't got a band yet but hopefully this weekend shall produce