PDA

View Full Version : hunting antlerless white tails question

alexboyprin
10-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Hi to All...I was just wondering...when the permission to hunt antlerless whitetails start on Oct. 10 does it means that we can just hunt antlerless or we are also allowed to bucks at the same time? i have some reluctance to kill a doe! If someone would help with that question it would be nice.

Thanks!

Alexboy

Seeker
10-07-2015, 11:56 AM
Antlerless and antlered are independent of one another. They are listed separately in the synopsis and therefore you can shoot both if the synopsis for that region states you are permitted. Be concscious of your regional bag limit. Region 8 you can only harvest 2 deer in total. So by shooting your antlerless, you are foregoing either your whitetail or mule buck.

bassplayer
10-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Yep. Bucks and does are all fair game still.

shuswapbear
10-07-2015, 04:51 PM
So why do they list it as anterless and not just say either sex?

Fisher-Dude
10-07-2015, 04:58 PM
So why do they list it as anterless and not just say either sex?

Bucks have a separately listed season.

It's not an either sex season, it's a period of time where bucks and does just happen to be open at the same time.

The bucks are open Sep 10 - Nov 30, the antlerless are open Oct 10 - 31. The two seasons run concurrently Oct 10 - 31. There is no either sex season until late bow season.

Check your regs.

If in any doubt, call your local COs for clarification.

shuswapbear
10-07-2015, 05:00 PM
Ok, got it.

MB_Boy
10-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi to All...I was just wondering...when the permission to hunt antlerless whitetails start on Oct. 10 does it means that we can just hunt antlerless or we are also allowed to bucks at the same time? i have some reluctance to kill a doe! If someone would help with that question it would be nice.

Thanks!

Alexboy

****EDIT.....I see FD posted as I was typing but as he says....check your regs on the links below. It's not too difficult to figure out.

Assuming as you are in "8" and referring to that area as per your signature?

Have a look at the top of page 2 regarding Bag Limits for Deer. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/region_8.pdf

Then look at Whitetail on page 3. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/regulations/1416/docs/region_8.pdf

You CAN harvest 2 whitetails.....only one of which can be a buck during the opening for antlerless you are referring to. The Buck season carries from the Sept 10-Nov 30.....and then you have the window during there of antlerless from Oct 10-31. So as long as you have tags for both.....you see a whitetail buck and doe together first light on October 10th; let the lead fly.

Jelvis
10-07-2015, 05:09 PM
If you (can't see) an antlerless whitetail in the antlerless season you are not allowed to shoot the spikes of a young buck so you can say, it has no antlers when I shot it.
Has to have hair on the knobs, no bone showing, if it's an antlerless buck fawn.
If it's antlerless because it's a female, ( a doe, a deer, a female deer) then it's a lee gal.

alexboyprin
10-07-2015, 06:00 PM
..thanks guys. I understand better now.

butthead
11-07-2015, 05:35 PM
becouse you can shoot an antlerless buck and still be legal
cansel tag as antlerless

butthead
11-07-2015, 05:36 PM
alex
where does your avaitor come from?
is it from some movie and what is the name of it

Keta1969
11-07-2015, 05:44 PM
alex
where does your avaitor come from?
is it from some movie and what is the name of it

Pretty sure it's from "A Clockwork Orange"

butthead
11-08-2015, 06:46 PM
Pretty sure it's from "A Clockwork Orange"

thanks keta1969
you know that feeling when you know it just cant place it

hoochie
11-08-2015, 07:00 PM
i have some reluctance to kill a doe!
Alexboy

why? shooting a doe isn't like hitting a woman or something. They taste very good.