PDA

View Full Version : Burns Lake Mulies

Grinder
10-07-2015, 06:43 AM
Just wondering if anybody is willing to share some info as to where might be a good place to find Mulies around burns lake and Francois lake. Also does anybody know when the rut starts to heat up in that area. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I can share some really good blacktail info on Vancouver island in exchange. Thank you.

two-feet
10-07-2015, 07:10 AM
Francois is certainly the best place to start, the problem is that most of the productive land is private.

steel_ram
10-07-2015, 07:33 AM
North slope of Francois Lk. Less private land on the East Side. (Tercer Rd.)

tinhorse
10-07-2015, 07:34 AM
Used to work in burns. Across Francois is definetly a good area. Large open timber and grassy areas to still hunt on. Lots of new cuts. Was there last summer and didn't see the numbers I had in the past but I'm sure there are some still around.

teelt
10-07-2015, 07:35 AM
Sent you a message

noth615
10-08-2015, 06:20 PM
I am not sure if its allowed but always thought The Red Hills provincial park trail might be good, more ideas are the Norris Creek trail and and follow short road up to the cut blocks behind all the private land on Colleymount

I think the rut is around last couple weeks in November.

If your looking for a hunting partner to hit up deer hunting with, I live across Francois, and you can shoot me a pm.